Wednesday 27 September 2017

My top 10 Dragon Ball Z Sagas

So one of my last entries was me counting down my top 10 favourite storylines in the entire Naruto manga story. And so, kinda continuing that same trend, I'm going to be counting down my top 10 favourite sagas from Dragon Ball Z. This is a lot similar because in almost every other anime out there, they're called storylines, as well as just other shows in general, but here, they decided to call them sagas. And so I'm going to count down my favourites in the whole show. And, yes, like the Naruto storylines one, this will have spoilers. So, if you don't want anything spoiled, go watch the show then read this if you want. And so, let's begin and I hope you all enjoy.
10. The Majin Buu Saga: Starting us off at number 10 is one of the last sagas in the series, the Majin Buu Saga. This is one of the more underrated sagas in this show in my opinion. As I said in my review, some people don't like this saga and think it's the weakest in the show. I don't really think that. In my opinion the least is the filler Garlic Jr. Saga before the Android Saga. And, for me, I personally enjoy this one. It's where we first see Majin Buu and when we do, he proves himself to be the strongest opponent in the show with killing everyone. We get to see Gohan all grown up and Goku's return for a while. And we get to see everyone try to take on Majin Buu like the Vegeta vs. Majinn Buu fight. They also introduced Goten in this, and I really like him. He's Goku and Chi-Chi second son and Gohan's younger brother.

9. The Vegeta Saga: At number 9 is the very first saga in the whole show. This is starting off right after the original Dragon Ball show and I like those kinda sequel series that carry over from the originals like Naruto Shippuden. And this saga wasted no time with getting everything into the action aspect again. It shows that Goku and Chi-Chi have given birth to Gohan but we also learn that Goku is one of the last of an almost extinct alien race called the Saiyans with three more out there wanting to make him join them or kill him. And at first we see one of them with Raditz, who's Goku's brother and then we meet the others, Nappa and one of the best characters in the show, Vegeta. We get an awesome fight scene with Goku and Vegeta where we see things going totally nuts, even for just the starter for a show like Vegeta turning into a huge ape and Goku using a powerful Kamehameha Wave. And all that led to a great opening for a popular TV show.

8. The Captain Ginyu Saga: This is saga that's a bit further from the Vegeta Saga. This is when Gohan, Krillin and Bulma are on planet Namek when Frieza is there too along with his Ginyu Force and Vegeta's there too. They're all there looking for the Namekian Dragon Balls and Goku is heading there too to help Gohan, Krillin and Bulma. Once he finally does arrive, he fights Captain Ginyu and manages to beat him by trapping him in the body of a frog with his mind transference technique. This is also where Vegeta learns the truth about the planet Vegeta. With Frieza being the one who blew it up in the first place. I will admit, I think some of the runtime on the saga is a little too long with them spending a little too much time trying to find the Dragon Balls, but, besides that, this is another fun saga in the show. And even kinda funny like near the end where Goku thinks Vegeta is going to give him a needle inside Frieza's ship.

7. The Android Saga: This is a saga where a lot of things happen. And I do mean a lot. We get introduced to Trunks and we learn he's Vegeta and Bulma's son, we learn that the Earth might be destroyed by some androids who are so incredibly strong, we see Vegeta become a Super Saiyan, Goku returns from Namek and we get a two year time skip with everyone training to fight the androids, not to mention the fact that the androids do attack, but they couldn't have attacked at a worse time because Goku gets the heart virus. Then from all that, one android remains and that turns out to be Krillin's wife, Android 18.

6. The Imperfect Cell Saga: One of the more iconic sagas in Dragon Ball Z in my opinion is the Cell Saga. This and the actual Cell Saga are iconic with so many iconic moments happening in it like Vegeta finds out Future Trunks is his son, Trunks takes on Cell, Cell himself is introduced and he's sort of a smooth and cool talking character like I said before. And I like this and how it introduced a cool character like him.

5. The Babidi Saga: This is right after the Majin Buu Saga where we're introduced to his master, Babidi who has magic that can make him control anyone and make them stronger. This is also during the tournament where Goten and Trunks fight. And with Babidi turning as many people as he can to his side, Vegeta willingly accepts him and lets Babidi control him so he can become stronger. In a way, make him the way he was before which is what he wants. He explains to Goku that he wanted Babidi to make him stronger so he can go back to the way he was before with being a strong and heartless Saiyan warrior. But, he eventually sees the truth and knocks Goku out and sacrifices himself to try to stop Majin Buu. But, before he realises it, we see an awesome fight between Goku and Vegeta for a final fight with them.

4. The Fusion Saga: This is the saga that picks up right after the Babidi Saga where Vegeta dies fighting Majin Buu and after becoming Majin Vegeta and everyone also thinks Gohan is dead too but he's not really. But they think he is and now everyone is training to fight Kid Buu who's separated from Majin Buu so now he's more dangerous and stronger. And with this Gohan and Trunks try to use Fusion which is something where fighters do this thing with their hands and fingers where they merge into one being. And together, they creating to form the being  Gotenks, which is really cool. And we get an awesome fight between him and Evil Buu, which is cool.

3. The Cell Games Saga: This is the last saga with Cell. It's called the Cell Games Saga because they're doing this tournament to fight Cell. The saga itself is this huge fight between Gohan and Cell. We even get to see Gohan transform into Super Saiyan 2 and he's even stronger than everyone here, even Goku. And the entire fight between them is amazing. One of my favourite fights in the show. So many things happen there too. We see Gohan fighting, not only Cell, but also the little Cell Jr. creatures, Goku dies again when sacrificing himself, him and Gohan team-up and manage to beat Cell and Vegeta even manages to help in defeating him too. I love all those moments and there's a really nice moment at the end when Goku says he's proud of him. That was really nice. Watch.

2. The Frieza Saga: I think this is the most popular out of all the sagas in this series and it was my favourite for a while until the last couple of weeks when I managed to finish the whole show, but still, this is still a really amazing part of the show. We get an entire season long fight between Goku and Frieza which might be my favourite fight in the show and one of my favourite anime fights ever. It's amazing. Goku goes Super Saiyan for the first time, Frieza kills a bunch of people including Vegeta, Piccolo and Krillin, Frieza uses his power to destroy the planet's core which causes it blow and so Goku is on a time limit to finish Frieza and get off the planet before it explodes and all this is still happening on planet Namek. At this point, it felt like everything this show was leading up to had finally happened with Goku fighting the best villain in the show and finally obtaining the power of a Super Saiyan, which is something Vegeta had been mentioning a few times, but I'm sure people who originally read the manga before the show was made didn't know what it was. We finally got to see it and it is amazing unbelievable power and him getting gold hair.

And my number 1 favourite Dragon Ball Z saga is... The Kid Buu Saga: And finally at number 1 is the last saga in the series and the conclusion to the original, the Kid Buu Saga. This is like when I did my top 10 Naruto storylines too because I put the last one at number 1 there too and I'm doing here too. This is my favourite saga in all of Dragon Ball Z. It's the conclusion to everything like I said and a lot happens. Goku is brought back to life and him and Vegeta, who's also back for a while, fight Kid and Evil Buu who's even more monstrous than before. And we get the finally battle between Goku and Kid Buu which is another one of the best fights in the show. I think I mainly put this here for the same reason that I've mentioned before with other things and that's that I really love happy endings. And this is a really happy ending. Everyone, even the people who're dead like Frieza watch as Goku kills Kid Buu...

... and then everyone's brought together and reunited. Even the original Majin Buu turns good, which is something I really love. Here's the finally scene.
It's really nice and I love it. And all that is why the Kid Buu Saga is my favourite saga in all of Dragon Ball Z. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think or, if you like Dragon Ball Z. Tell me what saga is your favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment