Tuesday 12 September 2017

My top 10 worlds in Kingdom Hearts

Continuing my Kingdom Hearts count downs is this, my 10 favourite worlds in all the games. And this will include Disney worlds as well as  original worlds as well. All the locations throughout  every game. Given how we'll have a lot more Disney worlds in Kingdom Hearts 3 when it comes out, I thought it would be cool to look at the ones we've gotten so far and count down my favourites. Not just Disney worlds, but all worlds. And so, let's begin and I hope you all enjoy.
10. The Land of Dragons: Starting us off at number 10 is the first Disney world and that is the Land of Dragons which is the Mulan world from Kingdom Hearts 2. One of the first worlds you go to in the game, this world is pretty beautifully designed. I mean it sorta takes inspiration from Chinese paintings, which is what Mulan, the movie, was sorta trying to capture with it's animation, and it does so well with that, but on top of that, so many things happen here. There's the funny scene at the camp at the beginning, the Shan Yu battle is one of my favourite boss fights in the franchise with him being in you weight class, there's the Heartless fight on the mountain against, maybe, Riku. It's also great at the start of the game to go around to the different locations and even to do the different tasks that Shang gives you at the start.
9. Olympus Coliseum: Next up is the Disney world with one of the most things to do in a Disney world, Olympus Coliseum. There's a lot to do here like the different tournaments, the boss fights with Hades, the Ice Titan, Cerberus and Sephiroth, there's going into the Underworld fighting Demyx and so many others. Also, I gotta say, remember in my Kingdom Hearts 2 review in February I mentioned how it was great fun watching Sora, Donald and Goofy reunite with their old friends from the last game? Well, I think this is one of the biggest stand outs when they reunite with Hercules and Phil. Seeing that is fantastic.
8. Halloween Town: Now, while in the last one, I was mainly talking about in Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. But here, I am talking about both, but I'm mainly talking about Kingdom Hearts 2. I love it in Kingdom Hearts 1, but I think I love it more in Kingdom Hearts because I think the world is better designed and more fun. But still, both of them are great. But I love the Kingdom Hearts 2 one more because, as I said, it's better designed, but also, you can go to both Halloween Town and Christmas Town. Also, seeing more of that reuniting interaction is so great and I can't wait to see more of that Disney interaction in Kingdom Hearts 3. Oogie Boogie is also a fantastic boss fight in both games, and I love just how fun it is.
7. Disney Castle: This is the home world for a lot of the main Disney characters in the games like King Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Queen Minnie and so many others. This was only in Kingdom Hearts 2, but I still love it. Seeing Donald and Goofy come back to their home and even seeing Sora interacting with Queen Minnie is so amazing. But seeing the Hall of the Cornerstone in thorns and darkness is really creepy and it gives you an uncomfortable feeling. Especially the scene where they're talking to Maleficent for a second. But I do love it for being so fun and the Disney interactions were so great.
6. The World That Never Was: Pretty much the end climax world for Kingdom Hearts 2 and, kinda, Dream Drop Distance. This is where you go to save Kairi, defeat the Organization, stop Kingdom Hearts and so many others. This is where I think you can do grinding the best if you want to level up faster. But, so many things happen here. You reunite with Kairi and Riku, you fight almost every Organization member, you get to see Sora kinda show off a whole bunch of athletic moves that sorta come outta nowhere. And you get a ton of stuff there like the Oblivion Key and the Two Become One Key. In Dream Drop Distance, you see Xehanort again and fight young Xehanort.
5. The Pride Lands: I think one of the most underrated worlds out there is the Pride Lands from Kingdom Hearts 2. And I don't really understand what people don't like about this because, if they were talking about some of the other transformation worlds like Atlantica, then I'd understand where the problem is, but, for this world, I don't get it. It's a lot of fun and also kinda awesome to see Sora as a lion interacting with the characters from that movie like Simba again and Nala, Timon, Pumbaa, Rafiki, Scar. It's so cool and it's also cool with the Scar boss at the end of the first visit. I love it all and it can even be kinda funny with some of these scenes like the part where Sora, Donald, Goofy Timon and Pumbaa are singing Hakuna Matata. Watch this.
4. Traverse Town: This is the first world Sora goes to after he's separated from the islands. He appear here and you meet some Final Fantasy characters as well as Donald and Goofy for the first time. This is also where Sora learns everything like when Leon and Yuffie explain everything to him. You can even go to see Merlin and go to the 100 Acre Wood here. I think I liked it more in Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance because you could go to more places and it was bigger. It was so much fun. I loved it. Just everything in this, I think, is so great and so much fun.
3. Neverland: Now we come to my favourite Disney world in the whole franchise. Neverland is such a fun world to go to. Especially in the first Kingdom Hearts. Going to a Peter Pan world itself is awesome, but you can do many things here. You get the glide ability, which is one of the best abilities in the whole series. Plus, you can fly. Flying was so much fun. Especially since you didn't have to worry about platforming. This is also the first world where Sora finally finds Kairi since the destruction of the islands at the start of the game.
2. Twilight Town: This was the first world back in Kingdom Hearts 2 with Roxas and it was fantastic. There's beautiful music, open spaces, fun side quest like the Struggle, awesome locations and I like how it was kinda mysteriously introduced in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories because you have no idea what it really is. All you know is that it's a weird town that Sora doesn't know because he's never been there before, but something inside him is telling him that he does kinda remember. But's still such a beautiful world to look at and explore.
And my number 1 favourite world in Kingdom Hearts is... Hollow Bastion: This is the world where, I thin, the most things happen. I mean, so much happens here. This is where Sora saves Kairi, he sacrifices himself, he gets turned into a Heartless, there the battle for Hollow Bastion in the second game, we almost think Goofy dies, there's the 1000 Heartless fight, you go to Space Paranoids, you see the gang back with the old Final Fantasy characters, you go to the 100 Acre Wood again. You can do so much and never get bored, I personally like it the best in Kingdom Hearts 2 for the same reason as Halloween Town. That being it's better designed. But I love both. It such an amazing world with some of the franchise's best moments ever. I can't express enough how much I love it. And so everyone, those are my top 10 favourite worlds in Kingdom Hearts. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think or tell me what your favourite world is if you like Kingdom Hearts too.

No comments:

Post a Comment