Tuesday 19 September 2017

My top 5 Death Note characters

A couple of months ago I made a few posts in a row to count down my favourite characters from different anime. And so I'm adding to it by doing this. I'm counting down my 5 favourite characters from Death Note. I'm doing 5 because there aren't many characters to make a 10 list and I don't really like some of the characters in it. Some of the others who aren't on this I don't dislike, but still. Anyway, let's begin and I hope you all like this.
5. Near:

This is probably odd with what I said in my review a few months ago, but, like a said a second ago, I don't entirely like a lot of the characters in the show, but, out of the other ones that are in the show and aren't on the list yet, Near is the one I think I like the most. Sure, he's kind of a rip-off of L, but I kinda like him because I liked how it was him how cracked the Kira Case and was the one who outsmarted Light during the last two episodes. I also like how kinda calm he is at times despite what's he's up against. Even his goal is pretty easy to get. He wants to surpass L by being better than him. Again, I'm not gonna say that making him was a great move, because that whole turning point in the show is where it went downhill, if you know what I mean or if you read my review, but I still liked him.
4. Light:

At number 4 is the main character to the whole show and the main villain as well, Light. This may or may not surprise some people because they most likely thought he'd be higher because some thought it was weird a few months ago how I was putting the main character as my favourite character in those shows, but here, no, Light's not my favourite character. But still, Light is a fairly notorious guy as I said in my review. In the show he turns from this genius guy to a genius guy who's also evil because he begins to enjoy killing people in the Death Note. He almost kinda seems complex in some ways and he seems interesting in a lot of ways like his battle against L with their wits, which is something I also mentioned a lot in my review. The fact that whole fight of wits was the most interesting part of the show. And I liked how they sorta flipped this kinda character around meaning he's the main character, but he's also the main villain. That was interesting to see. And he's really despicable throughout the show too like I said before with that horrible things he's doing. That's one thing that makes a great villain. One that you find yourself hating so much. And Light Yagami is that. A truly evil guy who's a great villain.
3. Aizawa

Next up is the only member of the police on the list, Aizawa. I always thought he was my favourite of them all even though the others aren't too good. I don't really remember the others except Matsuda, but he's a just a loudmouth idiot. Aizawa on the other hand is smart, likeable and the only one I actually remember. It was nice that he got more to do during the last few episodes. And I liked how he was beginning to suspect Light near the end as well because of what Near was telling him.
2. Ryuk:

At number 2 is the Shinigami god, Ryuk. I always sorta thought Ryuk was the kinda pet like expositional character for the show because at the start of the show he hung around Light like a pet or something, but he was also the one who explained all the rules to him while also manipulating him because he never really cared of what was going on. He always just wanted to see chaos or, as he said, he was being "interested." He was a super cool and kinda creepy character too and he has an awesome design with an amazing voice performance from Brian Drummond.
And my number 1 favourite Death Note character is... L:

And finally at number 1 is the technical hero of the show and everyone else's favourite character in the show too, L. I actually like L for reasons I usually don't associate with characters like this and that's that I like him because, for one thing, he's really enjoyable and even funny in some parts, but also I think he's really interesting in some places with being this sugar obsessive and brilliant but still really weird guy. That's one thing that makes him so likeable, he's this weird guy who's also incredibly smart. And I love the funny scenes with him too. They're really funny scenes in a really dark show. Here're some examples.
He also has an amazing voice performance from Alessandro Juliani. And I like him with the sugar scenes 'cause they're funny like him with cake.
Image result for L Death Note Cake
And I liked how he was always suspecting Light to be Kira but he could never prove it and he did all these really clever things that would sorta prove it or help to make him slip up in some way. And he's overall super enjoyable and likeable and all that is why L is my favourite character in Death Note. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think or tell me who your favourite Death Note character is.

No comments:

Post a Comment