Sunday 10 September 2017

My top 10 Keyblades in Kingdom Hearts

With Kingdom Hearts 3 getting closer and closer everyday, I thought that, for these next few entries, I'd devote them to it and do a few of them surrounding the series. And by that, I mean I'm gonna make a few lists devoted to it. Especially now that I'm playing Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5. And starting that off is this. My top 10 favourite Keyblades in the whole series. The Keyblade is my favourite weapon ever and so I'm going to use this entry to count down my 10 favourites in all the games. They're so many in all these games, but I managed to think about it enough to come up with my own top 10 favourites. And so, let's begin and I hope you all enjoy.
10. The Zero/One Key:

Starting us off is the final Keyblade you get in Kingdom Hearts: Re:Coded. You get this when you go to Castle Oblivion at the end. It's really strong, as t be expected from the final one you'd get. And, just like all the other final Keyblades you get, it's really strong and colours are cool on it with it kinda reminiscing the Kingdom Key, especially the Mickey Mouse head keychain. And if you use the "Tree" part right in the game with this Keyblade, it becomes really strong.
9. The Divine Rose Key:

Near the end of the first Kingdom Hearts game. When you go to Hollow Bastion the second time, you can find Belle in the Library and she'll give it to you. It's so strong and so cool looking. Especially the way the purple colour is used on it. And I also love it in Kingdom Hearts: Union X where it's one of my strongest Keyblades there and when you constantly level it up, and when it gets to a specific level, it changes its look again and it looks so cool.
8. The Oathkeeper Key:

The first Roxas Keyblade on this is the Oathkeeper. You technically first get this Keyblade in the first Kingdom Hearts game when you talk to Kairi in Traverse Town near the end. And it's so awesome. It has this silver colour, which is already cool, but I also love the keychain which is Kairi's good luck charm she gives Sora and he promises to return it, hence why it's called the "Oathkeeper." In Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days, Roxas gets it when Xion disappears and in Kingdom Hearts 2, you get it when you find out Axel took Kairi. And I love the teeth of it which is like a star with a blue, purple and gold colour. I'm mainly putting it here because of Kairi. She's such a great character, and I think this is a great Keyblade to have a memory of her with Sora, almost like it's a way of showing that she's still always with him.
7. The Oblivion Key:

The other one of the Roxas Keyblades is the Oblivion. This one is so cool and powerful. It has a black colour to kinda represent Darkness a little, but the rest is awesome too with a chain going along it with a purple jewel in it. There's also bat wings going around the hilt and I love the crown key chain which looks just like Sora's necklace. In Kingdom Hearts 1, when you go to Hollow Bastion the second time and you go into the room where the Door To Darkness, if you go onto the side and climb the stairs, you'll see a little capsule that looks like the one that the princesses were in, which I'm pretty sure was what Kairi was supposed to be in, you'll see a treasure chest and that's where you get it there. In Kingdom Hearts 2, you get it as soon as you reunite with Riku and Kairi and in Kingdom Hearts: Re:Coded, you get it as finish Hollow Bastion. It just looks so cool, strong and I love the use of it too when you fight with it.
6. The Starlight Key:

The only Keyblade on this list that's from Kingdom Hearts: Union X, because this is the only one that originated from there. But this Keyblade is so cool. It sorta represents the Kingdom Key by looking a lot like it at the start and then as you evolve it more, it becomes much cooler looking and so much stronger. I love the way it looks every time you evolve it. I also love the design of the teeth with it looking like an actual star. And I love the gold colour all around it too.
5. The Kingdom Key D:

At number 5 is the Realm of Darkness's Keyblade, the Kingdom Key D. When King Mickey and Aqua were going through the Realm of Darkness, King Mickey found this Keyblade as a way to close the Door To Darkness. And it's so cool because the reverse colour of the regular Kingdom Key, the blade is gold and the piece around the hilt is silver. It's great because it's being used by an awesome character like King Mickey. If you get to play as him in Kingdom Hearts 2, you get to use this and it's so amazing. And the reason it's called the Kingdom Key D is because the D stands for Darkness.
4. The Kingdom Key:

Speaking of the Kingdom Key, here it is at number 4. Being held by Sora himself, this is his main weapon and it looks phenomenal. It's also kind of a simple design. It's got a silver blade with a gold piece surrounding a black hilt with a silver key chain of King Mickey's head. Almost like it's symbolising that King Mickey is always with Sora. But even with that, I mainly put it here because it's the most iconic weapon in the whole series.
3.The Ultima Weapon:

The Ultima Weapon is a monster. And I don't mean that in strength, which it definitely is, but I'm mainly talking about how to get it. Especially in the first Kingdom Hearts. You have to put in so many hours and synthesize over 30 items to get it. It's ridiculous how much you have you put it. In Kingdom Hearts 2, it was better because it wasn't as annoying, but still. In Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, you have to do all the Mirage Arena challenges and in Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, you have defeat Julius. When you get it, it becomes so satisfying and it's so strong. I like the one from Kingdom Hearts 1 the most because it looks the coolest and it's more satisfying when you finally get it. It was so satisfying when I finally got it.
2. The Fenrir Key:

One that I never hear people talk about is the Fenrir Key. In Kingdom Hearts 2, when you beat Sephiroth, you have to go to Cloud and tell him where he is and then after the cutscene, Tifa gives it to you. I love the design of it with it looking like Cloud's Buster Sword while still being it's own thing and still being like a Keyblade. I love it and it becomes so useful when you have to do things like going to the Coliseum and doing a bunch of the tournaments. It can also make the final boss with Xemnas feel much faster and much more manageable. It's just a super strong Keyblade. I love it. It is so strong.
And my number 1 favourite Keyblade is... The Unbound Key:

And finally at number 1 is the Unbound Key from Dream Drop Distance. This might be the strongest Keyblade in the whole series. In Dream Drop Distance, once you've completed all the bosses a second time by going to their portals you get this Keyblade for both Sora and Riku once you do both of them. And it's design is amazing. It's teeth are always glowing, it has this sorta bulky size with the blade, it has two crowns on it like above the hilt and the Keychain. And I love how, whenever I go through the worlds in Dream Drop Distance and if I have this one, which I always do, I can just do one swing at the Dream Eaters and that'll destroy them. It's also great to use Firaga Burst, which is also what I always use because using those two things, I can destroy everything and it makes everything so much easier and faster. And all that is why the Unbound Key is my favourite Keyblade in all of Kingdom Hearts. And so everyone, that's my top 10 favourite Keyblades in all of Kingdom Hearts. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think or tell me what your favourite is if you like Kingdom Hearts too.

No comments:

Post a Comment