Friday 10 November 2017

My top 10 Sonic X characters

So sorta continuing my lists of me counting down my favourite characters from an anime, here, I'm going to be doing my top 10 Sonic X characters. You all most likely seen my review of it and know what I think of it and know how it's one of, if not, maybe, my favourite anime ever. And for this countdown, I'm counting characters from the games, as well as original characters. The ones from the games that're going to be on this list are here based on how they were portrayed in the anime, not the games, even if they were great in the games too. And so, let's begin and I hope you all enjoy.
10. Espio:

Starting us off at number 10 is the purple chameleon, Espio. While we may not see much of him in the show, for the time he is there, he's awesome. Not just awesome, but funny too. He throws out some one-liners and they were pretty funny. But he was also just cool in a lot of the action scenes. And the interactions with the other members of team Chaotix were really funny and fun to watch.
9. Chris:
Image result for Sonic X Chris
Starting off the original characters on the list is Chris. I've heard that a lot of people don't really like Chris and think he's kinda annoying, I completely disagree. I really like him and think he does a great job at being a huge help and friend to Sonic. At the start of the series, he first meets Sonic when he pulls him out of the pool. And from that moment onward, the two of them remained friends and allies. Not only do I really like him as a character, but I really like his interactions with Sonic and the others.
8. Eggman:

The main villain of the entire Sonic the Hedgehog franchise is at number 8. Eggman has always sorta been this bumbling character who was kinda evil and a little threatening, but he's also pretty funny here too. I'm not saying he was never funny in the games, because he definitely has been, but I'm just saying, I think he's even funnier too. And he's really enjoyable outside of that. Also, this is a personal opinion, but I kinda prefer the times where he and Sonic kinda team up, so I personally like him the most in the show at the end when he and the others team up to fight the Metarex.
7. Dark Oak:

At number 7 is the leader of the Metarex, Dark Oak. This might sound weird, but, to me, this is how to a cool villain. This guy is so cool. He looks awesome, his voice is awesome, he's super intimidating and he has a lot of threatening moments. He's great. I don't know if I can say the motivation for his character and the creation of him are great, but, when we don't get past it, I guess you can kinda understand it and he gets even better after it happens.
6. Chuck:

While I personally think Chris is a really, really good character who I really like, to me, Chuck, A.K.A. his grandfather, is even better. He's really fun, funny, smart, supportive and really useful in situations. I just really like how entertaining he is. Especially in the second episode when you first see him. And I like how he comes in handy he is in problems. Again, this could be a weird example, but I think the best example is during the episode where Sonic gets the microchip in his ear and he can't stop running. The ideas in that episode, and the entire show, where he's in it, shows how brilliant he actually is.
5. Knuckles:

At number 5 is the biggest knucklehead in the whole Sonic franchise, Knuckles. This strong echidna is one of the biggest allies to Sonic and one of the most enjoyable in my opinion. In this, he's really great as a bit of a comic relief at times, especially his interactions with Rouge, but's also really great for being helpful in fights and helpful for him being the guardian of the Master Emerald. And the scenes with him using it are really cool and I like the funny scenarios with him and Sonic sorta going back and forth, especially the times when Eggman tricks him over and over.
4. Cosmo:

Probably my favourite original character in the show is Cosmo. This small plant girl came from a distance planet at first not remembering what happened during her first encounter with the Metarex and not know that she was sent as a spy. She only remembered being under attack and she thought she was sent to ask Sonic for help against them. And she brings quite a lot to the team. I wish they coulda kept her on as a member in the show because she was so likeable and sweet. And the ending when she gets sent away and she says that speech to the others is fantastic to me. I love that scene where she does that speech. It makes me kinda smile but it's also really sad. I really, really like her and I thought she was a great friend to the others.
3. Tails:

At number 3 is Sonic's best friend and two tailed fox, Tails. This incredibly smart 8 year old is the reason for all of Sonic's mechanics and all the aircrafts like the Tornado plane and the Blue Typhoon Here, he is that, but also good for being this kind-hearted kid who wants to help in whatever way he can. And he also has a bigger role in season 3 with the Metarex when he and Cosmo sorta get into a relationship. All that is great about him and he's great when he's trying to protect her when Shadow tries to assassinate her. And he's also great in a lot of the comedy scenes, especially episode 20. He's great in the whole show and franchise as a whole.
2. Shadow:

Coming in close to number 1 is the anti-hero of the entire Sonic franchise as well as the most popular character, Shadow. Mainly being like another Vegeta character for this franchise, I think Shadow is portrayed at his best here. He's obviously really cool and has a pretty interesting backstory. Again, this is something else he and Vegeta have in common, as well as the way they act. And the way he acts in this show I think is my favourite way he's ever been. I like how, even though he is technically an anti-hero and he can be rude and mean at times, he still does want to help people and at the very end, it was nice to see him sacrifice himself and save Sonic so he wouldn't kill himself. He's just super cool and all the action scenes with him are awesome.
And my number 1 favourite Sonic X character is... Sonic:

And finally at number 1 is the fun loving hedgehog, Sonic. When I did my top 5 anime protagonists, I put him at number 2. And I put him on that for the way he was portrayed here. If you want my thoughts on him in this show, then read that if you haven't yet. Overall, I love Sonic here. He's still the same as he's always been with this cocky attitude and spewing one-liners. He's really fun and funny with that and he's also a great hero too. I think the best example of that is the episode right after the Chaos where he's helping through all the wreckage. And I think I mainly like him for, again, the fact that he is so likeable, cool and funny. Again, read my top 5 anime protagonists to know my full thoughts. And so, everyone, those are my top 10 Sonic X characters. Thank you all for reading, please comment to tell me what you think or, if you like the show too, please comment down below to tell me  your favourite character.

No comments:

Post a Comment