Tuesday 7 November 2017

The Lion Guard: The Bite of Kenge

So with the Lion Guard kinda getting more popular lately as I've been finding out, and there being another DVD coming out soon, we've gotten another episode that came out today, The Bite of Kenge. I had almost forgotten about this before I saw it, but then as some clips came out for it, I remembered it and managed to watch it yesterday. And, yeah, it's pretty good. As I've said before, not one of my favourites, but was still fun and even pretty funny at parts. And, like the other episodes I've reviewed, this will have all the spoilers, so, if you want to watch it and don't want anything spoiled, go see it and then read this. So, what's the story? It opens up with the Guard stopping the Hyenas from stealing a bunch of melons while still in the dry season. But after that fails, obviously, Scar has Ushari call in a huge lizard Ushari knows named Kenge. And then this happens.
After that, they try to ask Makini to help, but they're running out of time with the Hyenas stealing the melons as an attempt to kill the elephants. After that, Bunga and Ono try to stop them themselves, but, while Bunga is immune to stuff like venom, Ono gets bitten and now Bunga and Makini have to go stop them. And then, this happens.
And once they beat them they sorta return everything. The one thing that I can say this episode does a bit differently to the other episodes and does it pretty good is the villain. Kenge is pretty cool and he seems pretty intimidating. And the rest is also really fun. The whole climax where Bunga's just messing around with him and making him bite the Hyenas. And the actor they got for him is pretty good too. And, like I said, this has some pretty funny scenes in it. Especially one scene where Makini is trying to help the Guard feel their legs again. And I thought was super fun just from the progression with the plot. Pretty much like a lot of these Lion Guard episodes. And the rest of the cast and animation are still great too. And I, overall, had a ton of fun with this. I know it can get really repeatative when I do these new Lion Guard episode reviews because I am kinda saying the same thing, but everything this show does well is in almost every episode. And this is another example of that. It's also just cool to see these things happen like seeing Scar in the volcano again. All that stuff is really good like this episode. I just don't have a ton to say about it. But really, if you're curious, go watch the episode yourself and draw your own conclusion. And so that's my review of the Lion Guard: The Bite of Kenge. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment