Saturday 25 November 2017

My top 5 storylines in Fairy Tail

Along with the storylines in anime entries I've been doing on anime, I've done Naruto and Dragon Ball Z. So now, I'm doing one for Fairy Tail. As I might have said before, Fairy Tail, for me, is one of the most fun anime I've ever seen. And so far, even though the anime isn't done yet and the English dub isn't up to date with the Japanese version yet, I'm still loving this show and I'm loving everything I've seen so far as you've all most likely seen in my review. And seeing how more and more DVDs are coming out and I'm doing my best to get them all and watch it all, I thought I'd look back at the ones I've watched so far and count down my favourite storylines. And this will be the anime version although, these will be storylines from the manga and not the filler arcs again. And so, let's begin and I hope you all enjoy.
5. The Phantom Lord Guild: Starting us off at number 5 is one of the first events that happen in the whole series. When Lucy's father hires the Phantom Lord Guild to find Lucy and bring her back home in an attempt to make her marry someone so he can become more rich, they go all out. And I do mean "all out." They go to extremes to get her. And after the master of the guild, Jose, literally brings this into, practically, a war of guilds, it's the Fairy Tail Guild vs. the Phantom Lord Guild. And from therefore onward, it's constant action, amazing storytelling and pretty sad moments too. Not to mention some motivational moments. I think I mainly put this here because, okay, yes, because it is so much fun, but also because of how inspirational it is. I think my favourite part is when the Fairy Tail members are standing u to the Phantom Lord Guild and saying all these things about how they'd never abandon Lucy or any of their friends for that matter. This series, just like Naruto, are really big inspirational anime to me. And I just really love that aspect of it. But my other favourite part is the fight between Natsu and Gajeel. Which is really great, especially at the end when Natsu beats him and I really love how Gajeel, after this, has a change of heart and he becomes a good guy.

4. The Oracion Seis: This one is mainly here because of the fact that it introduced two new characters to the series that I love. But I also love it, again, because of the fact that it's so much fun. When a group called the Oracion Seis is threatening to unleash a power magic called Nirvana with the help of another wizard Natsu, Lucy, Gray, Erza and Happy are sent to team up with other guilds like Blue Pegasus and a wizard from the guild Cait Shelter named Wendy and her own flying cat named Carla. And so these wizards team up and try to take down the Oracion Seis. And so, a minute ago, when I said that this introduced two characters that I love and that's Wendy and Carla. I love these two. Especially Wendy. If you recall, when I did my top 10 Fairy Tail characters, I put her at number 7. And I still stand by that. She's great and I really like Carla too. But there's other things I like too. Like, I really like the members from Blue Pegasus and another thing is how imaginative it is. This might sound weird, but, Fairy Tail, to me at least, is one of the most imaginative manga/animes I've ever seen. I know all manga/animes are imaginative, but, I personally think Fairy Tail stands as one of the most imaginative for me. I love how creative it is and this is no exception. And the many things that they come across in this story are so enjoyably creative and likeable. It's all really fun and I love how the characters deal with the different members of the Oracion Seis. And my favourite part is something that happens near the end when "someone" helps Natsu beat the leader of the Oracion Seis, which makes that character really likeable.

3. The Tower of Heaven: This is the story arc that explains Erza's backstory and we get to understand everything to do with her. Apparently when she was a young girl, she was forced to be in this huge tower called the Tower of Heaven and she was able to make friends there. One was named Jellal, but when he was captured and tortured to be the vessel of the evil wizard Zeref, he turned evil and banished Erza from the tower who tried to help him along with the other friends they made there. And ever since then, Jellal has manipulated the other friends to make them think Erza abandoned them to make them work faster on the tower because he's trying to resurrect Zeref. And so, what I really like is the same thing I mentioned a minute ago. About how much fun this is. I mean, Hiro Mashima, the creator of Fairy Tail, has so many things happening at one, but at the same time, he keeps it so interesting and he's able to flesh out Erza's character and make her more interesting and give you reasons for understanding her personality. And I think Jellal was awesome. Obviously, its not really him because he's just being manipulated, but still, he's really cool and I like how Hiro can do these things like having all these characters doing these, have them be interesting and fun to watch, but also make a ton of this stuff make sense and we buy into it because it's so well told and so much fun. I love that aspect of this series. And I like the friends that're in the tower like Simon, who's a really likeable character, especially when he interacts with Natsu and when he saves Erza. And, I would say my favourite part is the fight between Natsu and Jellal. Which might be my favourite fight in the whole series so far with Natsu using Dragon Force for the first time. Watch.

2. The Cursed Island: Coming in close to number 1 is the Cursed Island at number 2. This was the first really big storyline in the whole series. When Happy steals an S-ranked mission for him, Natsu and Lucy to go on, they end up going and Gray goes with them. And it's a mission to break a curse on an island who's thinks the moon it's turning them into monsters. And when on the island, they discover Gray's childhood friend named Lyon who's trying to resurrect an old monster called Deliora so he can kill it and show how strong he is and outclass his and Gray's teacher named Ur. And, just like the last storyline and how that fleshed out Erza's character, this one fleshes out Gray's and makes him more understandable. And I just really love how this story is presented and told. Every second in this is perfect to me. There's never a single minute where I'm bored or I want to move onto something else because I'm loving how much fun this is and how well told it is. And the whole Gray vs. Lyon dilemma is great. I just love it all so much.

And my number 1 favourite storyline in Fairy Tail is... Edolas: And finally at number 1 is the storyline when Natsu and the others get transported to the alternate version of their world called Edolas where he, Happy, Gray, Gajeel, Lucy, Erza, Wendy and Carla have to try to save everyone who have all been turned into a gigantic Lacrima. While there, they find out that this is where Happy and Carla came from. Their species are called Exceeds who're all cats and they're told that they were send to Earthland to kill all the Dragon Slayers like Natsu, Wendy and Gajeel, which of course, they never knew and when they find out, they're all heartbroken. (It wasn't really why they were sent there, but that's just what they were told.) And then finally, they all have to go up against the power hungry king who has a robot dragon that Natsu, Gajeel and Wendy have to destroy. This is just such a brilliantly told story. I love it so incredibly much. I love the pacing, the motivations and the different twists and turns they take in this. Hiro also manages to make some really despicable villains here. The king and Edolas's version of Erza are both evil and they both want to kill all the other Exceeds in order to gain ever lasting power. There's even some pretty sad moments too. Like, when Happy and Carla are told about what their mission was, they're incredibly sad about it and you do feel sorry for them and even Natsu and Wendy are being told at the same time. In fact, speaking of Happy and Carla, when they're separated from the others, they actually run into Happy's parents and the mother's a really kind hearted lady where the father is just as clichédly cranky as you can imagine. And I mean that in a good way. Not only that, but they also find out that the "queen" of the Exceeds is actually Carla's mother. And it's just super great with the progression of this whole story. I feel it just keeps getting better and better as it keeps going. Like I said before when I was explaining how this is a really creative series and, for me, this is the best example of that. It's all really enjoyably imaginative and I love every single minute of it. I especially love how Hiro brought back Lisanna in this story arc, and, if you saw my top 10 favourite Fairy Tail characters list, she's my third favourite character and I love how he did bring her back here. And all that is why the Edolas storyline is my favourite storyline in all of Fairy Tail.

Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think, or, if you like Fairy Tail too, please tell me your favourite storyline.

No comments:

Post a Comment