Saturday 22 January 2022

My top 10 releases of 2022

So I know I'm late with making this kinda entry I make every year except last year, but, like I said, I'm really busy lately so that's why it's taken me this long to do this. But also I had some time to think about the things I wanted to include. Sure, like always, there were some obvious ones, and, yeah, these are obvious I suppose, but the order of some of these and where I wanted to put them was what I wanted to think about a lot. Anyway, yeah, 2022 has a lot of things coming out and I'm really exited for a lot of it. Not to mention all the other things things that a lot of people are excited for that I don't know about makes things even more exciting for everyone at this stage. Anyway, with that out of the way, let's begin and I hope you all like this.

10. Lightyear:

Starting us off at number 10 is the second Pixar movie in 2022, Lightyear. Kind of a similar to my feelings about Turning Red, I am pretty curious about this film too because the trailers haven't exactly done it for me. I am mainly curious because it is a Pixar movie and, to be fair, a movie exploring the actual character of Buzz Lightyear is pretty interesting. And, whether or not this has problems, it won't effect the actual Toy Story movies because this doesn't necessarily count as one Probably the part about this I'm most excited for is the fact that Chris Evans is in this as Buzz. I personally love Chris Evans as an actor and so, having him in a Pixar movie is really exciting for me.

9. Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse Part 1:

Next up is the follow-up to 2018's masterpiece Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse, Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse Part 1. Seeing how absolutely incredible the first movie is, that gives me a lot of hope for the second movie. We got a trailer for it last month and that looks fantastic and so I'm very curious to see it. I love how they're more than likely gonna improve everything on the technical side of things and the trailer we got for it just proves that even more and I can't wait for it. There's just a lot they could do here and I'm excited to see exactly what they do do with it.

8. The Batman:

At number 8 is the only DC movie on here, The Batman. While a lot of people are super hyped for this, and I am too, there are some concerns I have for this because some things in the advertising, while very cool, there are some things about it I have concerns about. But, the advertising is still making it look like a very cool film. Not to mention this film is looking like a very different comic book movie. But, really, I am still excited for this. I'm loving the approach they're showing with this and Matt Reeves is making this look cool and unique too. I'm really excited to see Robert Pattinson's take on Batman and I'm curious to know what this film will really be like.

7. Attack On Titan: Season 4:

Now, when I'm talking about Attack On Titan: Season 4, I'm really only talking about when it'll be released on DVD. Even though I only got into this series around May last year , I've become a big fan and I really loved the first three seasons and everyone is raving over the fact that this final season is up there with doing everything still super well. Personally, I wasn't a fan that they changed studios to do the animation because I definitely preferred the original and the new animation doesn't personally sit well with me, but I'm still super excited to see how they finish the series and see the ending. I've actually seen the ending from having all the manga volumes, but I'm interested to see it animated.

6. My Hero Academia: Season 4:

Similar to my pick with Attack On Titan, I'm mainly referring to seeing this season on DVD. I know they're on about Season 5 at the moment, but I'm still waiting to see Season 4 first. I was waiting for this for a while since they finally released the complete Season 2 and 3 last year and getting Season 4 here took a while. But now it's finally coming here. The complete Season 4 will be released here on the 21st of February and I am super excited to get it and keep watching. And I guess this also applies to the manga as well because I'm also caught up with the manga volumes and I'm really excited for volume 30 later this year. Especially after seeing what happened at the end of the last volume.

5. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever:

Okay, now we're getting into the M.C.U and the first of them is the sequel to 2018's Black Panther, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. Now, the reason why this isn't higher on the list is because there's a lot of concern around this film. Obviously the first big thing you'd think is the fact that Chadwick Boseman is after passing away, which already one big tragedy, but there is some other things too like there's a whole controversy around Letitia Wright apparently and so those two things are reasons why people are concerned. But, I'm still confident they can do something with this. I actually heard that this was gonna be about T'Challa and Nakia's son, so, that's interesting. Whatever the case, I'm still really excited to see what they can do and especially since this is the sequel to one of my personal favourite M.C.U films.

4. Strange World:

At number 4 is the next Disney Classic after Encanto, Strange World. While I'm super excited for this like always, I don't think we know enough about it yet for me to be placing it higher. The concept art seems interesting and I do have more excitement for this more than either of the Pixar movies this year and I have more hope for it. I'm sure as we get more info and get closer to the release, I'll be more excited and interested to know what the actual plot for this will be. And given Disney was able to do great work last year with Raya And The Last Dragon and Encanto, that gives me a lot more excitement to see what will happen with this.

3. Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness:

Another 2022 M.C.U movie on here is Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness. There's like a billion reasons to be excited for this but the main reason I am is because of all the possibilities that can be opened up to the M.C.U because of it. There's so many rumours surrounding this about so many new characters that could be brought in and after Spider-Man: No Way Home, this has me just all the more pumped for this. But there's so many things to already be excited for like seeing that evil Doctor Strange and seeing Stephen and Wanda teaming up as well as all the rest. Really, just all the possibilities this could open up for the future of the M.C.U almost seems endless at this stage.

2. Thor: Love And Thunder:

Coming in close to number 1 is actually the M.C.U movie I'm most excited for, Thor: Love And Thunder. I'm not gonna lie, originally, I was kinda skeptical about this. I'm not sure why, but something about how weird the title felt and the way things were looking was a bit odd to me. But, the more I thought about it, the more I'm excited for this. The fact that Taika Waititi is coming back is the main reason, but also all the other things this film could implement. We're gonna be getting Natalie Portman back as Jane and she's gonna becoming Lady Thor and we're also probably gonna be getting the Guardians back in this and a lot of this is seeming really awesome and fun to me. Thor: Ragnarok is one of the most fun M.C.U movies ever and I can't wait to see Taika Waititi bring this back for this film too.

And my number 1 most anticipated release of 2022 is... The next Kingdom Hearts project:

And finally at number 1 is the same thing it always is, the upcoming Kingdom Hearts project. I know I always put this at number 1, but I really can't help it. And this one especially is really special considering, now that it's 2022, it's the 20th anniversary since the first game and we're supposedly gonna get a really big announcement really soon. I hope it's an announcement for Kingdom Hearts 4 or some kinda showing for it in a way. Not to mention the other things happening this year for it like how the series is coming to the Nintendo Switch and I've started doing Let's Plays as sorta of a celebration of those facts and as a lead up to the next game. So, yeah, I know this must be annoying to see every time I do these, but I'm still saying whenever the Kingdom Hearts announcement for this year is, I'm really excited for it. And that's why the next Kingdom Hearts project is my most anticipated release of 2022. And so, everyone, those are my pick for my most anticipated releases of 2022. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment