Sunday 2 January 2022

My top 5 movies of 2021

So, everyone, now that 2021 is over, that means it's time to talk about my favourite movies of the entire year. This was a bit of a tossup for me because, while I did see a lot of movies this year compared to what I usually see, a good amount of them were either movies I didn't like at all or thought were kinda mediocre. But I still did see a lot of films I thought were amazing and some were even mind-blowing. There are some I wish I did see that maybe could have made it onto this list too to maybe make it a top 10 list, but for now, these are just my top 5. And so, let's begin and I hope you all like this.

5. Encanto:

Starting us off is the latest Disney Classic. I know this was usually placed as the best animated movie of 2021, but I personally thought another was slightly better. That being said, I still really enjoyed this film a lot. The fact that it's a Disney Classic is obviously a big reason, but it's still a great one and they did a great job with it. I loved the setting with being inside the Madrigal's house the whole time and the songs were also fantastic to listen to. And, like I said in my review, I liked it's showing of having Mirabel as the only one in the family without a gift and so the arc for her was made more interesting for her. And, again having the songs be done by Lin-Manuel Miranda was a brilliant idea because he's a phenomenal song writer and he did a great job with these. Really, I was just so glad to see another Disney Classic in theatres again and it was this good.

4. Shang-Chi: And The Legend Of The Ten Rings:


Next up is the first of the M.C.U movies this year on this list, Shang-Chi And The Legend Of The Ten Rings. Easily one of the best M.C.U movies we've gotten in the past few years, this film gave us one of the most charismatic protagonists in the M.C.U in a while, absolutely incredible performances from everyone and some of the best action we've seen in any action movie in a long time. This film honestly made Simu Liu one of my favourite M.C.U actors and I love how it has one of my all time favourite M.C.U villains with the real Mandarin with another one of my favourite M.C.U performances from Tony Leung. I just feel like this film gave me even more respect to the people in behind the scenes of the M.C.U, which is really saying something considering how massive of a fan I already am. But, even if it didn't have an amazing story with fantastic performances, which it clearly does, the action in it alone would be enough for me to love it because it's all so fantastically executed.

3. Raya And The Last Dragon:


At number 3 is the other Disney Classic released this year and the one I preferred, Raya And The Last Dragon. Not only was this the Disney film I was more excited for, but I also very much appreciated how much work was done to it. Encanto did too, but this just has so much more of what I want in a Disney film. It's one of the most fun I may have ever seen, some of the best animation I've ever seen and has so many memorable characters. And really, as the massive Disney fan I am, this is exactly what I want from future Disney Classics as well because, especially after watching it more times, this has definitely become one of my favourite Disney movies like I mentioned before. It even has one of my favourite Disney songs with Lead The Way. And, whatever the next Disney Classic is after Encanto, I can't wait for it.

2. The Suicide Squad:

Coming in close to number 1 is honestly my favourite DC movie ever, The Suicide Squad. And I mean in all of DC. Yes, even more than The Dark Knight trilogy. Those movies are fine and they're really good, but I don't love them. The Suicide Squad on the other hand is everything I could want out a super fun, funny and really enjoyable experience like this. And it fixed everything the previous DC.E.U movies did wrong with having amazing buildup to the final fight, amazing and extremely violent action and visual effect, hilarious moments and just being a very well written and well paced story. It also a film that has a fantastic style to it thanks to James Gunn and what he brings to the film is so enjoyable that I can't help but really, really enjoy it. And, if they ever decide to do another movie like this, I absolutely cannot wait for it.

And my number 1 favourite movie of 2021 is... Spider-Man: No Way Home:

And finally at number 1 is probably most anticipated movie that was coming out this year, Spider-Man: No Way Home. Yeah, really, from the beginning, even though I'm a gigantic fan of the M.C.U's version of Spider-Man, since the beginning, I was really nervous about this film after hearing the Sony Spider-Man characters were crossing over with this because that made me think that this could go wrong with being so overstuffed and having other problems like that. But, thankfully, this film and the crew and cast proved me wrong and they created one of the best cinematic experiences I think I've ever had. And, while, no, it's not perfect and there are things in it I have problems with like some plot holes, that didn't take away from how much I enjoyed this. In fact, I've seen the film two times already and I hope to see it again before it comes out of cinemas. There was amazing performances from everyone, so many callbacks to other movies and the actual characters we do see in this is truly mind-blowing. I don't want to say too much in case you haven't yet, but something else that's incredible is the fact that it's now made over a billion dollars at the box office worldwide and I said to a friend of mine that the fact that it could really do that during the pandemic is extremely impressive. And, there's a good reason for that. And all that is why Spider-Man: No Way Home is my favourite movie of 2021. And so, everyone, those are my picks for my top 5 movies of 2021. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think or even tell me what your favourite movies of 2021 are.

No comments:

Post a Comment