Saturday 30 August 2014

101 Dalmatians

I only found this one recently and I have to say I found it to be not bad but kind of boring a little bit. What's the story? One night a female and male Dalmatian dogs are about to get puppies. The husband and wife and the maid wait until the puppies are born and when they are everyone is happy. Just then a woman named "Cruella De Vil" comes to the house to try to buy the puppies to turn them all into fur coats. The husband and wife refuse to hand them over so late that night Cruella sends her henchmen to kidnap all 15 of the puppies. The race is then on for "Pongo" and "Perdita", the two grown up dogs to get them back as well as the other 86 puppies she kidnapped. The best thing in this movie is Cruella De Vil (which, ever since the live-action version has become one of the most infamous villains of all time.) She's just a really fun villain. It's a great design on her, it's this weak, fragile woman under this gigantic hairy, monstrous fur coat. It actually is a really cool design. And the character herself is fun. Constantly screaming and yelling while trying to be fabulous while she's doing it. The other characters are O.K I guess and while I said this movie a bit boring I meant the beginning is a bit but the rest of it I don't have a problem with. I don't really know what else to say. I mean it's not great but also not horrible. It has some O.K characters, a fun villain and actually, some pretty nice animation. Take it for what it is, I just don't think I'd see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment