Thursday 14 August 2014

Cinderella

I know I skipped over some other Disney classics but some I haven't seen a lot of the previous ones so I'm going to Cinderella. Actually the six movies before this were only 40 or 50 minutes long so they didn't have a flowing narrative so when they were doing this they knew they had to get back to a flowing story and a Fairy tale. What's the story? A woman named Cinderella has been turned into a maid by her evil Stepmother and Stepsisters. A bunch of animals help her out and try to make her world a joy. But when the night of the ball comes and she isn't allowed to go her Fairy Godmother comes and gives her a dress and a carriage to make it out there. My guess is that they were trying to return to the routes of Snow White with the young woman, a prince, a bunch of tiny animals helping out, a simplistic villain and a bit of magic. Cinderella herself is O.K I guess. She doesn't really do much but I do think there is some patients with her and she does manage to find some happiness in her everyday world kind of thing I do think that that's enough to say she's alright. Lady Tremaine is the name of the Stepmother and she's obviously the villain. And yeah much like the evil Queen she's a pretty boring one too. The rest of the characters are alright I guess though I wouldn't say they're great ones. So I'd say take a look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment