Saturday 30 August 2014

Sleeping Beauty

I'd said this before too that this is one of my favourite 2-D animated Disney films and yeah like with Peter Pan it still is. What's the story? One day the Princess "Aurora" is born and they have a party to celebrate her birth. The 3 good fairies "Flora, Fauna and Merryweather" come to give her magical gifts. Before Merryweather can give her gift the evil villain "Maleficent" comes and curses her saying that before the sun sets on Aurora's 16th birthday she shall prick her finger on the spindle of a pinning wheel and die. Maleficent then leaves then Merryweather casts a spell to make her sleep instead of dying if she does prick her finger. Flora, Fauna and Merryweather take her to the forest to raise her as their own to keep her away from Maleficent. First let's look at the good stuff. The animation seems to be a different from other Disney films. I actually heard it was supposed to be the only Disney film to have the animation mainly be inked. I found it to be pretty nice. The fairies are also great characters. And like I've said before there's Maleficent, the greatest Disney villain ever. The music in the movie is great too. It has some really memorable songs to as well as some great climax music, in fact I found the climax itself to be one of the best Disney Climaxes ever. Now the stuff that doesn't work for me. For example the main characters Aurora and prince Philip are really bland characters. Aurora doesn't do anything in this movie and not to mention Philip doesn't get a line to say after half of the movie is over which I found to be a real disappointment because I thought the voice actor did do a good job of making him likable. Also Aurora has barely any character in her. There's also a lot of things that aren't needed in this. I think this movie really liked it's side-characters a lot more. Most of the time we're watching the fairies or Maleficent or and King Stefan and King Hubert. A lot also seems like filler to me. However with despite that flaw I do like this movie and it still one of my favourites. The villain is great, the fairies are great, the animation is great, the music is great and the climax is great. I have seen this movie a bunch of time and I have liked it every single time. And I know I'll never forget it anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment