Sunday 31 August 2014

The Jungle Book

I heard somewhere that The Jungle Book was actually the last Disney movie made while Walt Disney himself was still a live. What's the story? In a Jungle a baby is found and for all his life he's raised by a pack of wolves. One day when he's a boy the evil Tiger "Shere Khan" is coming to the Jungle. Shere Khan hates man and the wolves know he'll kill the boy named "Mowgli" if he ever finds him. So a panther named "Bagheera" to the man-village. Mowgli however doesn't want to go. He wants to stay in the Jungle and tries every chance he can to get away from him. Along the way he comes across a friendly bear named "Baloo", a marching elephant army, a crazy ape King named "King Louie", a hypnotising Snake named "Kaa" and of course the villain of the movie, Shere Khan. Let's talk about the good stuff first. The best thing in this movie is Shere Khan. He's a really great villain. We barely see him do anything but the amount of build up they have on him is so awesome. He just comes off as pretty intimidating. The only thing he fears is fire, and yeah that's pretty odd. But aside from that, he's really cool. The rest of the characters are O.K I guess and they are entertaining. The snake Kaa, though he isn't a main villain is actually entertaining and cool too. One of the best thing about him is that he's so long and they take advantage with making jokes with that. Mowgli is nice to be around and he is a pretty decent character. Baloo I have to say is my favourite character. I know that it's odd with me saying that seeing how I said Shere Khan was the best thing about this movie I'd say Baloo is my favourite character who's not a bad guy. As it is The Jungle Book is O.K. I'd say take a look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment