Wednesday 3 February 2016

16 Pixar movies ranked

The films made by my favourite film studio gets ranked here, so let's get into it.
16. Brave: In my opinion, Brave is the least out of all the Pixar movie manly because it's unmemorable, boring, unoriginal, has bland characters, a predictable plot, scenes that go by to fast and brushed over characters. Merida doesn't feel that good of a character. Just a generic Disney princess who does the same thing as a lot of the other princesses. There are things I enjoyed and it's definitely not bad, it's just decent but it was mostly just a generic, unoriginal plot.
15. Cars 2: I personally don't think this movie is as bad as everyone says but I do see why it's bad because of a ridiculous spy story with stupid coincidences and stupid and boring story and characters. The only thing I enjoyed was the climax in London and some stuff that happened with it but it doesn't save it from being the most hated Pixar movie ever. I think it's a little bit more tolerable that Brave, but it's still not good.
14. Cars: While this movie isn't bad, I just like Brave where it has a predictable and boring characters and story, being too long and not being very intriguing. It does have it's high points but it's still mostly just a drag.
13. A Bug's Life: I'd say next to Brave, this is an unmemorable movie. Not bad, in fact, it is really, really good, I just think it's a little bit unmemorable. I literally remembered this movie while looking at my Pixar movies. It has many things I like but some  disappointing scenes. Like a predictable plot, generic main leads and a liar revealed story which I always hate in movies. But there are more good than bad. Like even if the story is a bit generic, it is still a fun one and even though the characters aren't the best, they're still likeable. The circus bugs are the best to watch. These guys are the best thing in the movie. They're beyond funny, beyond creative and beyond bizarre. And of course the climax is a lot of fun to watch, especially the fake bird scene. As the rest, it's fine, it just a little bit of a step down after being a follow-up from Toy Story.
12. The Good Dinosaur: I can't explain why, I just feel that this is a little better than the movies I just mentioned. The animation is beautiful to look at, the story, while not very creative is still interesting, the characters, though a little weak, are still likable, my favourite being with Arlo or the 3 T-Rexs and it's not a waste of time. It may not be better than a lot of other Pixar works, but it is still really good.
11.Ratatouille: Now, here's where the movies get great. The animation is great to look at, the story's creative, likeable characters, a fun chase scene, the ending is perfect and it has so great and cool designs. I'm actually surprised how Pixar managed to make a movie about making food entertaining and fun to watch.
10. Wall.E: The reason I never did a review for this movie is because I hadn't seen it in a long time. Same with Brave. But after buying my own DVD version of it, I now realise why I liked it a lot when it came to cinemas. It's Pixar's only attempt at making a silent movie, and it works really well. Even though Wall.E himself doesn't talk, he's very likeable and might be my favourite character. As for the second half, yeah, it's good, but it's not as good as the second. Yeah, I know I'm saying what everyone says, but's true. But that doesn't take away the fact that this is a great film.
9. Monsters Inc.: Aside from the creative story and realistic looking animation, this movie is just a blast to watch. Sulley and Mike make a great team and almost have just as much charisma as Woody and Buzz. The door vault scene is one of best scenes I've ever seen in a Pixar movie ever. It's just so much fun. And of course Randall and Mr. Waternoose are really cool and, in the case of Mr. Waternoose, is kinda sympathetic. I never really saw it until my brother told me. And the ending with Sulley saying goodbye to Boo is one of the saddest Pixar moments ever.
8. Monsters University: I'm the only person I know who thinks that Monsters University is better than Monsters Inc. Not 100% better, but feel is a little. It just might be the best prequel I've ever seen. Pixar did a fantastic job making this movie. I think that it's really interesting, especially in the game parts and the training scene. And on top of that, the ending guys. The ending is perfect. I love this scene in the human world with them doing that scare strategy thing. I also like the team. Squishy, Don, Art, Terri and Terry. They're a lot of fun. And, I don't know, there's just something about it that I can't explain but I really, really like about the film.
7. The Incredibles: Being a huge superhero fan myself, you can tell how much I love this film. It's easily Brad Bird's best movie. It has great action especially for 2004 computers. The story is also interesting and the characters are really likeable. It also cool to see a Pixar movie kinda take a different turn and go for a superhero action movie whereas before this, they mostly stuck to family friendly things. And while there are scenes like that here, it's not as focused as the others. It's mostly watching a superhero get back to what he used to do and there's a lot of fights in this. But that's not a bad thing. It's great to see and I still love this film for it's characters, story, animation and cool scenes.
6. UP: So yeah, being probably one of the silliest out of all the Pixar movies, it's also one of the most heart-felt. Just the first 10 minutes can satisfy people because it has no dialog and it's all shown through visuals and music. You almost think that the rest of the movie isn't going to top. But the rest of the film is so imaginative and so and so colourful and so funny and so likeable, that it's impossible not to get as drawn in as you were in the first 10 minutes. UP has a perfect amount of drama comedy, material for adults and material for children. It doesn't need that many characters but the one they have are so good and so likeable that you can't help but to love them.
5. Inside Out: The reason this is here is because I think the story's actually really interesting. And it's kinda weird putting it over UP because they were both directed by the same guy, Pete Doctor. He's one of the best directors working at Pixar sense he made this, UP and Monsters Inc. Anyway, this was the first Pixar movie that was released in 2015. And this is one of the best animated films I've seen in a long time. Probably since How to Train Your Dragon 2 or Toy Story 3. With creative ideas every second and there being amazing characters to follow with this movie. The animation as well is amazing to look at. It probably some of Pixar's best work. It's very bright and colourful. The best scene in the movie in my opinion is either the scene with that emotional scene at the dump or when Joy and Sadness are travelling through Riley's mind.
4. Finding Nemo: Finding Nemo is quite possibly the best marketed Pixar film ever with there being countless adds everywhere when it was released. Being the very first movie I ever saw in cinemas, I was amazed when I first saw it. The animation in this is easily the best Pixar has ever done. Even for 2003, it looks phenomenal. I am really looking forward to the sequel, Finding Dory this year. The characters and story are solid. Also, I think this is Pixar's most dramatic movie, and it does work, most of the time when they're not hammering it in. Finding Nemo is an instant classic.
3. Toy Story 2: Being the sequel to the first completely C.G.I movie ever, I wouldn't say that it's better than the first, but it is still a perfect movie, just like every other movie in this trilogy. The adventure in this is really inventive and you find you find yourself really invested. And I like how if you're watching this for the first time, you don't know what's going to happen. And of course it had the best movie director ever, John Lasseter to drive this movie. He's a genius. Also Toy Story 2  was a movie that me and my family always loved to watched in the past next to the first one and Space Jam. The new characters they introduce are great as well. And the twist at the end where we find out the Prospector was the villain is something I doubt many people saw coming back in 1999.
2. Toy Story: The one that started it all. The original Toy Story is beyond an amazing movie. Not just because of the fantastic characters, but also the great writing, acting, directing and animation. This movie has practically become a landmark in cinema because everyone is trying to be like it by making completely C.G.I animated movies. On top of that, the lines man. The lines are just perfect. This is easily the movie I've quoted the most in my life. My dad and I always quote. And, I'm going to sound like a weirdo for saying this, but one day when I was coming home from London with my dad for Christmas, I managed to quote the entire movie while we were driving home in his van. I'm serious. And, again, the idea to have John Lasseter direct this movie was the perfect idea. But there's still 1 movie that I feel to be better than this.
1. Toy Story 3: Was there any doubt. Of course the greatest third movie ever makes number 1. With some of the best Pixar animation and writing combined with amazing characters and comedy and you get one of the greatest movies of all time, in my opinion, it is the best movie ever. The cast in this is probably the biggest that Pixar has ever had and everyone is perfect in their roles. But also, Jim Varney who played Slinky in the first 2 movies had to be replaced with Blake Clark, because Jim died after the release of the second movie, who's a great replacement. You couldn't even tell he's a different actor. We all had to wait 11 years for this movie to come out and it was worth it because what we got was the best out of all the Pixar movies and my favourite movie ever. Please, tell me how you would rank them I'd love to read them until next time, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment