Sunday 14 February 2016

Deadpool

Finally, one of the most anticipated movies I've been waiting for for ages has finally arrived and I saw it yesterday with my brother and sister. And we were a little concerned if we would get in because the movie is for 18 year olds and I'm not 18 yet, I'm 16. But luckily we were. So we sat down watched the movie, which by the way, our theatre was completely filled, and, I'm just going to say it, I love this movie. I'm not kidding. This might be one of the best comic book films I've ever seen and one of the funniest. What's the story? It's starts of with amazing opening titles. I mean the opening titles are hilarious. We all laughed when they started. After that we see Deadpool, played by Ryan Reynolds, in a taxi talking to some guy and then he sits on the edge of a highway drawing and waiting for something. Just then a car comes by and he falls down and lands inside it. He then kills all of them trying to get information about where a man named Ajax who apparently ruined his life. He manages to find him but then Colossus from X-Men and another character named Negasonic Teenage Warhead go to him to try and recruit him into the X-Men but he says no and while they're talking we get the funniest scene in the whole film in my opinion of Deadpool trying to punch Colossus but breaking his limbs. That made everyone laugh. And while they're doing that, Ajax manages to escape. Deadpool get's angry with them and they handcuff him trying to get back to the school but then we get another funny scene where he does a 4th wall joke about whether or not they're gong to see Professor X and which one, Patrick Stewart or James Mcavoy. We then get another joke where he cuts off his hands and jumps off the highway and lands on the back of a truck. And when Colosses looks at Deadpool's hand still in the cuff, he sees that he was sticking up his middle finger. Again that made everyone laugh. After that we get some backstory on Deadpool who's real name is actually Wade Wilson. It turns he's a mercenary helping girls from stalkers. While out one night he meets a woman named Vanessa and they immediately fell in love with each other. About a year later, Wade is diagnosed with cancer and a man named the Recruiter says that he works for people who can help him. At first Wade says no but after more thinking, he agrees and get sent somewhere where Ajax begins to put part of Wolverine's healing factor into him. At first it doesn't work but after a scene where he puts him in a tube with no air, his entire body begins to get scared and then Ajax comes into the room and Wade swears to kill him. He manages to escape and they fight for a minute but then Ajax blows the whole place up. Wade emerges from the rubble and keeps his oath to kill Ajax. When he returns to his home town, he's afraid to show himself to Vanessa because of his scared body. He meets his friend named Weasel and he advises him to put on an out fit and to think of a name for himself. So he makes his awesome costume and takes up the name of Deadpool. We then cut to present day where Ajax kidnaps Vanessa to get Deadpool to come to him. Deadpool then goes to the X-Mansion and tries to talk to Colossus and Negasonc Teenage Warhead again to ask for help. And he makes another 4th wall joke about how there's only 2 of them at the mansion and he says "maybe the studio was to lazy to get more than 2 X-Men." We then see them get into the taxi with the same man from earlier who kidnapped his own cousin who took his girlfriend and is in the back. Deadpool then funnily says "I'm proud of you because that's a little close to what he told him to do in the beginning. They then get out but Deadpool forgot his bag of guns in the taxi. They find Ajax and his soldiers and assistant. And I'm pretty sure they're on the Helicarrier from the Avengers. They all fight until they get on it and then Deadpool and Ajax have their last fight. Vanessa is also in the tube that Wade was in that made him get all scared but Deadpool manages to crack it to give her air. The whole thing begins to rock and they begin to fall off. They're all fine but so is Ajax and Deadpool points a gun at him and threatens to put his face back to normal or he'll kill him. But Ajax tells him that he was lying and that he can't fix him. And we get another funny scene where Deadpool kills him and then Vanessa comes to him and as when she takes off his mask, he's stapled a Hugh Jackman picture to his face. That made everyone roar with laughter. And then during the credits we see Deadpool attacking the M.C.U by asking if we were expecting Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury to come in and ask him to join the Avengers and then he teases the next movie that's going to have Cable in it. Cable is a mutant cyborg from the future. I could not believe how amazing this movie was. And I want to say this first. I found this movie to be perfect. Same as everyone else who's seen this movie. And probably one the biggest reasons is because of the script and Ryan Reynolds. Ryan was practically born to play this role. He's like Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man or Chris Evans as Captain America with it being like you almost never tell that it's him and you just see the character. He is probably the best Deadpool ever. And of course the script was beyond funny. You expect it to come from something with Deadpool in it except Origins. Speaking of which, Wade even references when he was in Origins and how they made a mistake by sewing his mouth shut. And on top of that, the action in this is beyond over the top. Tim Miller did a fantastic job at directing this movie. Ajax as well was a cool villain especially when we see him and the Recruiter at the beginning. I even think that if Ryan Reynolds wasn't in this movie, it wouldn't b half the movie it was. I can't wait for this movie to come out on DVD to watch it over and over and I can't wait for the sequel. There's going to be a lot of comic book movies this year like Captain America: Civil War, Batman V Superman, X-Men: Apocalypse, Doctor Strange, Suicide Squad and Gambit. And while I'm excited for those ones, especially Civil War, I still had a blast with this movie and I can honestly say that this is funniest Comic Book movie I've ever seen next to Guardians of the Galaxy. I can even say that I want to see this movie again. I really hope a lot of other people see it as spectacular as I did. I could say this is one of my favourite comic book films of all time. I might make another list at the end of this year of my favourite comic book films and maybe this will be on it and I might include some of the movies coming out this year. All I say honestly is that I love this movie. I absolutely adore this film. Definitely  check this movie out. You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment