Sunday 21 February 2016

My top 5 Kingdom Hearts moments

The entire Kingdom Hearts series is filled with amazing moments and here I'm going to count down my 5 favourite moments from it ever. I've wanted to do this list for a while and now I've finally done it. The reason is because it was really hard to hard to choose only 5 when I can think of over a billion fantastic things in this, but I managed to put down 5. So let's get started.
5. Playing as King Mickey Kingdom Hearts 2: Sometimes when you die as Sora in Kingdom Hearts 2, you have the option of quitting or you can play as King Mickey and fight for a few minutes and while doing that you can charge up power to heal Sora. What I like is that you actually do play as him and he's incredibly fast, agile, can do a lot of strong combos and can also do some kind of magic and it is awesome.
4. The 1000 Heartless fight in Kingdom Hearts 2: During the second visit to Hollow Bastian, it's been invaded by thousands of Heartless and everyone there is trying to defeat them all but there's too many. By the way, the people there are the Final Fantasy characters, Stitch from Lilo and Stitch and King Mickey. Sora, Donald, Goofy and King Mickey then run to the side of 2 cliffs and you have to fight 1000 Heartless by yourself with no help whatsoever and what we get is probably the best fight in the whole game. Remember when I said in my 7 Kingdom Hearts games ranked entry, I said this game had incredibly epic moments, this is what I was talking about.
3. Riku's redemption/ Riku's naming of  Keyblade master in Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance: The reason I say that is because I feel that when Riku became a Keyblade master, that was his ultimate redemption for what he did in the first game. And out of all the Kingdom Hearts games, this is the one that made me like Riku the most. I mean I always liked him after Kingdom Hearts 1 but here, I feel like he was at his best, especially during the game and you're him and you're in the different worlds and he's being friendly and helpful. And when we see Riku be named a master, it's a really great scene for his redemption.
2. Sora's sacrifice in Kingdom Hearts 1: What I mean by that is when they're at Hollow Bastian and you defeat Riku/Ansem and Sora uses Riku's Keyblade to unlock his own heart and save Kairi. And then when Kairi runs over to him and touches him, he disappears into spackles and then he turns into a Heartless. And the only way he turns back is when Kairi hugs him and she uses her power of light to restore his heart to normal. I think this is one of the most emotional scenes in the entire series. I mean, think about. We almost think that Sora is dead. The boy we've played as through the whole game. I remember my mouth dropping the first time I saw that scene. Watch.
But as fantastic as this moments, there's still 1 scene that I feel is the best.
And my number 1 favourite moment in Kingdom Hearts is... Sora's speech in Kingdom Hearts 1: This scene is just phenomenal. Everything about this scene is perfect. I'm talking about the speech that Sora says about his friends and how they're his power just before you fight Riku in Hollow Bastian. This speech inspired me, as I might of said before and now it's the same for me with my friends meaning the most to me too. And ever since I first saw that scene, I've always considered it to be one of the best scenes in the entire franchise. Listen.
And that's all why Sora's speech is my all time favourite Kingdom Hearts moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment