Thursday 25 February 2016

My top 10 SpongeBob Squarepants episodes

Like my top 20 Chowder episode list, I made a list of this already but now I'm making a new one. I actually haven't talked about SpongeBob in a while, which is odd because it's still my favourite TV show and I've got plenty of DVDs. Though, my number 1 episode is the same as the one I did before and if you read that one, you know what it is. But all of my other choices are different.
10. Krabs A La Mode: This episode is my favourite post movie episode. A post movie episode is an episode that came out after the 2004 movie and everyone always says the episodes after the movie suck hard because a lot of the main crew left afterwards and were replaced by really bad writers and I have to agree. The episodes are either boring, unfunny, annoying or predictable. The worst SpongeBob episode ever is the episode A Pal For Gary. But every once in a while at least 1 episode comes out that's decent and out of all of them, this one is my favourite. After Mr. Krabs gets a new thermostat, Plankton decides to use it to freeze the Krusty Krab. The next day, SpongeBob, Squidward and Mr. Krabs decide to take advantage of it and turn it into an ice rink. And so after that is an awesome chase scene with SpongeBob and Plankton with a Krabby Patty. In this episode, this has some of the best post movie episode animation ever. And on top of that, each second in this is filled with great ideas.
9. One Krab's Trash: While having a garage sale, Mr. Krabs sells SpongeBob a drinking hat with a #1 on it. But then a bunch of millionaires come and offer him a lot of money for it. So he tries to get it back by doing a ton on things but nothing works until he gets the idea to scare SpongeBob so that night while SpongeBob is sleeping, he draws a ghost and tells SpongeBob that the hat is curse and so without Mr. Krabs noticing, SpongeBob buries the hat with a dead man Mr. Krabs says the hat belongs to. He then goes there himself to get it. But when he does get it, all the skeletons come to life and he then fights them off. And the ending of this is Squidward calling Mr. Krabs a baby for crying after failing with the millionaires. What I like the most about this episode is the scenes where Mr. Krabs tries to get the hat from SpongeBob. The best one with all the other hats and the Foxy Grandpa one. And yeah, One Krab's Trash is number 9.
8. Nasty Patty: This is probably one of the ones I have the most fond memories with. After a health inspector comes to the Krusty Krab, Mr. Krabs makes SpongeBob make a disgusting Krabby Patty because they think he's an imposter after watching the news. Really, look at it.

That is gross. Anyway as he's about to eat it, a fly goes into his mouth and begins to choke him and he then gets knocked out. And SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs think they've killed him and they see that they were wrong when they thought he was a phoney inspector. They decide to bury him and every so often, they keep knocking him out when he wakes up without noticing.
7. The Fry Cook Games: This was on my original top 5 list and it's still one of my favourites. We're introduced to the Fry Cook Games. An event that's like the Olympics and the only way to be in them is to be a fry cook. SpongeBob is representing the Krusty Krab and Patrick wants to play too but SpongeBob tells him that he has to be a fry cook. They then have an argument and then Patrick walks off. He then suddenly gets a job at the Chum Bucket and now the 2 of them are now opponents in the games working for Mr. Krabs and Plankton. And I will not dare ruin the ending joke of this episode and how hilarious it is. My favourite part in the episode is when they're actually doing these events. The best one probably being the ice cream one or the wrestling. And the most hilarious scene is where Patrick rips him clothes to reveal a suit by accident and then shows his muscles.
6. Frankendoodle: Out of all the SpongeBob episodes, this is probably the most underrated. Not that they say it's bad just many people consider it to be one of the best. But I'm saying that it's always been a favourite of mine. When a huge pencil lands in SpongeBob's yard, SpongeBob and Patrick begin to draw pictures in the sand but when they do, the drawings comes to life. And then when SpongeBob draws himself, it turns into DoodleBob and he steals the pencil. And the rest of the episode is just SpongeBob and Patrick trying to erase him. The best part of this is Patricks lines. These are some of his best.
Even Doodle is a cool villain. And the climax at SpongeBob's house is a lot of fun.
5. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V: Out of all the Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy episodes, this one is my favourite and the funniest. After feeling that not many people give him enough respect, Barnacle Boy decides to be a villain and join up with Man Ray and the Dirty Bubble. Mermaid Man then recruits SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward and Sandy to take on the roles on his old superhero friends. The Quickster, the Elastic Waistband, Captain Magma and Miss Appear and join up with Mermaid Man as the International Justice League of Super Acquaintances . Given how you all know how much I love superheroes, you can't even imagine how much I love this episode. Anyway, after an absolutely hilarious meeting with the Chief, they all head off to stop the villains. SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward and Sandy manage to beat themselves up and Barnacle Boy has the opinion to make Mermaid Man surrender but instead just asks to be treated like a man. Given that this episode was a giant superhero parody, I absolutely loved. The only nitpick I have is that I wish there was more of the I.J.L.S.A. But aside from that, this episode it truly a gem. Especially the scene with the chief.
4. The Camping Episode: I'm not putting this on here for the fact that everyone has put it on theirs top 10 for this show, but mainly for the fact that it is a great episode. While SpongeBob and Patrick are camping just outside SpongeBob's house, they make Squidward come too and he tries to outdo them in doing camping. And from here we get joke after joke. Like when Squidward is putting up his tent or the marshmallows and especially the Sea Bear with it constantly coming to attack Squidward and we never see it, it's off to the side lines, if you know what I mean. I'd say that song is one of the best song in the entire show. Listen.
It's especially fun to watch the scenes with SpongeBob and Patrick explaining about the Sea Bear with the magazines or the when they're telling him about the things that can set a Sea Bear off.
3. Chocolate with Nuts: Oh my god, Chocolate with Nuts is one of the best episodes EVER. For the longest time this has been up there as one of my favourites and it still is. After discovering that becoming an entrepreneur will give them a fancy life like the people in Squidward's magazine, SpongeBob and Patrick begin going around town attempting to sell chocolate bars. They constantly fail and they especially keep getting thrown off by some crazy guy who keeps screaming chocolate. Watch.
And the rest is history it's hilarious and you all know it.
2. Band Geeks: Band Geeks is considered by many to be the greatest SpongeBob episode and for good reason, while it's not my favourite episode, it still deserves all the praises it gets. It's the most quoted, the most memorable, one of the funniest, arguably the most iconic and it's perfect. After talking to his arch rival, Squilliam Fancyson, Squidward forms a marching band to play in the Bubble Bowl in a week. I actually really like Squilliam. Anyway he gets all of Bikini Bottom to help him but they completely blow. In these band practises we get some of the best scenes in the whole show ever. After four days, Squidward gives up the day before the show and after a motivation speech from SpongeBob the band practises all night. And at the Bubble Bowl, we get probably the most perfect ending in the show with the song Sweet Victory. Listen.
It's probably the most epic part in the whole show. And on top of that, this is hands down the funniest in the show. The reason why it's not my favourite is actually kind of weird. Even I don't know why it is. I just feel like there's 1 more episode better. But there is still a reason why people consider this to be the reason and you can see why. And that's why it's at number 2.
And my number 1 favourite SpongeBob episode is... Imitation Krabs: This is the episode I've always said is my favourite. I talked about it before and I'm talking about it now. I think this is the best animation I've seen in this show. And on top of that, the lines guys. The lines are just perfect. This probably the episode I've quoted the most ever. The best being the one where SpongeBob says "The Krabby Patty secret formula is the sole property of the Krusty Krabs and is only to be discussed in parter and whole with it's creator Mr. Krabs. Duplication of this formula is punishable by law. Restrictions apply. Results may very." That has got to be the line I use the most. Anyway, in his recent attempt to steal the Krabby Patty formula, Plankton builds a robot Mr. Krabs and tries to get SpongeBob to tell him what it is. And at one point he manages to get rid of the real Mr. Krabs so he does get in his way. And then we get to another hilarious scene where SpongeBob makes Plankton do a ton of things in order to make him tell the formula. And yes, SpongeBob doesn't know that it's really Plankton. And then the real Mr. Krabs barges in and we get a great scene where SpongeBob asks them 3 questions to see which one is the real one. And I won't ruin the rest but if you see, you'll love it. Over all, Imagination Krabs is spectacular from beginning to end. There are no bad parts in this episode in my mind. There's a reason I'm putting it here because I feel like it deserves it. Imagination Krabs is of course my favourite episode of SpongeBob Squarepants. And that's that. I hope you enjoyed and if you like this show tell me what your favourites are.

No comments:

Post a Comment