Monday 15 February 2016

Man of Steel

This is the film that Batman V Superman is going to be the sequel to. And I can't wait for it. And this movie was the movie that started the DC.C.U, (DC Cinematic Universe.) Like the M.C.U. I only saw this last week when I went to London and I got it there. What's the story? It starts off with Kal-El being born and his father, Jor-El, played by Russell Crowe, telling the Krypton Court that the planet is about to be destroyed but just then, General Zod, played by Michael Shannon, busts in and kills all the court members. Jor-El escapes back to his house and him and his wife are about to send Kal-El to Earth and with, some kind of plans that Zod wants but Jor-El wants to keep them as far away from him as possible. Zod then comes in and while him and Jor-El fight, Jor-El's wife then pushes the button and Kal-El is sent to Earth. Zod kills Jor-El and Zod and his crew are then arrested and are sent away. The planet then blows-up and Kal-El arrives at Earth. We then see him as an adult, played by Henry Cavill, wandering around the world and remembering his childhood. Other kids picked on him, he once save a bus of his school and his dad died in a tornado. Somewhere else, Lois Lane, played by Amy Adams, goes to the North Pole and finds an alien ship. Inside, something attacks her but then Kal-El, now named Clark, saves her. Before she can talk to him, he walks off. When he does, a vision of Jor-El, appears in front of him and tells him about himself, Krypton, the plans and about Zod. He then gives him his Superman suit and he goes out starts flying around. However Zod the arrives on Earth and tells everyone to surrender Superman to him or he'll destroy the planet. Superman surrenders himself to the military and so does Lois so she can talk to him. The next day Zod comes down to the planet and has Superman and Lois come on board his ship. After a while they manage to escape and it turn out the plans are actually inside Superman himself. The vision of Jor-El comes to help Lois escape and then Zod uses his ship to destroy the planet and rebuild Krypton. But after a fight, Superman, Lois and the other military guys manage to stop him and blow his ship up but now Metropolis is destroyed and the surviving people watch as Superman and Zod have another that goes way to far. And, when I say that, I mean, the action I this scene is beyond over the top and way to much. That's probably my biggest problem with the movie. Anyway, they crash into a train station and as Zod is about to use his laser eyes to kill people, Superman gets him in a head lock and then we get the biggest controversial scene in the entire movie... Superman breaks Zod's neck. And when I say controversial, it's because if you know Superman, you know that he never kills and when people saw this scene, they hated it. Watch.
Metropolis is then fixed and Clark gets a job at Daily Planet. The fact that 2013 was kind of an odd  year for this movie to come out considering the comic book movies of that year weren't exactly the best and some were about either good and the rest were average like Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, The Wolverine and this one. But, to be fair it was a good time for it for it come out, but it's just I doubt many people saw it coming. I'm kind of mixed on this movie. I do like it but, it's definitely not better than the first Superman movie I reviewed before because that movie had a ton of to admire and it had wonder and awe. Here, it's a tad bit more depressing and dark. And when I say dark, I mean just the look of the film. Christopher Nolan who directed the Dark Knight trilogy was actually a producer of this film. So let's go over the problems I have with this movie because I do see a lot of it's flaws. First, and like I said, my biggest problem is that the action is beyond over the top. Too much destruction and too much explosions. On top of that, some things about the story are a little complicated like the thing about the plans and Zod trying to get them. Not only that but before that whole fight in Metropolises, there's not that much action before. But now let's get to the things I did like. Firstly, Henry Cavill is a great choice for Superman, not the best, Christopher Reeves is the best, but he's still good. I also found the story to be kind of interesting. Yes, some things are kind of complicated, but I thought it was still interesting with the rest. Another character I really like is Jor-El. And of course, Zod is a pretty cool villain. Listed actually put film this as number 3 on the best Superman movies ranked. So it's kind of a mixed movie because it does have a lot of problems but it does have a lot of good things in it too. I do personally think there's more good than bad but I do acknowledge the fact that it's not perfect. But to be fair, everyone is going to have to watch this if they're going to watch Batman V Superman because every person on the planet is going to see that movie, like me. It's the most anticipated movie of the year. My brother and I are personally more excited for Civil War, but I'm still really, really, really excited for Dawn of Justice. Speaking of which, a new Batman V Superman trailer was recently released and that made me even more excited and it almost makes me think that Ben Affleck is going to be the best Batman. Watch.
It's my favourite Batman V Superman trailer. I still think the Batman ears looks a little too small, but the trailer is still awesome and I can't wait to se this movie and the cast as the superheroes. I can't wait. So yeah, I really like this movie and you should definitely watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment