Monday 18 July 2016

My top 10 Lion Guard episodes

So as I've said before, I really love the Lion Guard show on Disney Junior.

I just think that it's just a really entertaining, fun, funny and musical TV show. Yeah, I said musical. Because this show has at least 1 song in each episode. And I have to say, I absolutely love the songs. I'm not kidding, literally I am singing the songs all the time. Especially 3 in particular. I'll tell you what they are when I get to the episode they're in. I literally cannot stop singing them. I love them that much. Here's a few.
And get this, remember how I said I was in London for a few days this week for my birthday? Well one of the things we were doing there was going to the Lion King show. It was absolutely fantastic. Yeah, I just thought I would tell you that. And like I also said before, the Lion Guard is a spin-off of the Lion King with the main character being Kion, Simba's son. This is Kion, who's my favourite character played by Max Charles, who's also my favourite actor in the show.

The other members of the Guard are Bunga, played by Joshua Rush...
Image result for bunga
Fuli, played by Diamond White...
Image result for fuli
Beshte, played by Dusan Brown...
Image result for beshte
And Ono, played by Atticus Shaffer.
Image result for ono the lion guard
And now I'm going to be counting down my top 10 favourite episodes. Let's get started.
10. Painting and Predictions: After Bunga thinks that Rafiki is able to see the future with his paintings, he thinks that Kion is going to die from falling off a tree so he does everything he can to save him. So for starters, I just want to say that this episode is strange. And by that I mean compared to the other episodes. And by that I mean the fact that a lot of weird things happen like paintings just moving by touching them. But on top of that, the episode is just a lot of fun and it's funny. The Lion Guard is trying to protect Kion and through out it, they just keep getting into more trouble by doing so. That's funny and it's also funny at the end when Rafiki reveals that what Bunga thought was wrong. And it's also funny just by the fact that it's Bunga who's doing this because he's kinda stupid and yet he does all these things and it's all just a whole lot of fun.
9. The Imaginary Okapi: After Beshte befriends a shy animal, he tries to show him to the others but whenever he tries, he just disappears so the others think that Beshte has just created an imaginary friend. To make things worse, the very first leopard appears in the Pride Lands and is after the animal call an Okapi. So on the one hand, I will say first that when I first saw this, I thought it was going to be one thing but I got another and I ended up really liking it. And while the climax doesn't last awfully long, it still is fine and it does have a great ending and it's probably the episode that has the most layers to it and you do understand because Beshte is trying to protect this guy but he's always hiding and the others think that he's going crazy. But I will say the reaction that Bunga and Ono give when they find out that he's actually real is so funny. Especially Bunga's.
8. Bunga and the King: After a situation where a sink hole drops Bunga and Simba into it, they have to go through a tunnel to get out and back to the surface. Bunga and Simba also aren't getting along while they're doing that. Yeah, obviously they do eventually get along but I'm merely just counting this episode because of the whole journey in it. Throughout the episode, they're going through multiple tunnels trying to meet everyone else at the end and there's actually some pretty good banter between them and how all the others get them out is both funny and surprising. Your mouth with literally start dropping and you'll start laughing if you ever see it. Trust me. And the absolute ending with all the characters at some elephant consent is the same. I really love the ending. Watch.
And I think that's probably the best part along with the beginning with them getting inside the hole. Especially with the visuals and how funny some of it is with Bunga getting himself stuck too.
7. Eye of the Beholder: After an accident that hurts Ono's eye, the Lion Guard begins to worry because Ono is the one who tells them where trouble is because he's a bird and has great vision. This episode, to me, is probably the episode that has the biggest message in it. It's that a team cannot be complete with one member missing. And while he's recovering the rest of the Lion Guard do their best to keep the peace but it's hard to do that without knowing where to go. And there's a great scene at the middle part where Ono does his best to fly around and help out even with one of his eyes covered and he does everything he can. I mean I felt exactly what he was feeling with wanting to do everything he can to actually do something.
6. The Rise of Makuu: When two crocodiles fight to see who should be the leader of the herd, the youngest and meanest wins and it's up to the Lion Guard to stop him because he's being mean to the others as well as making other animals go to other places they shouldn't be in. Straight up, I think the first thing to say is that I think that this episode may have the bet fight in it so far and I'm talking about the whole fight with the crocodiles. And in case your wondering, yes, Makuu is the name of the young and mean crocodile who beats the other one. And before I say anything else, I've got to talk about the ending. I won't spoil it but let's just say that it is beyond hilarious and it is so sweet to see it. Especially just seeing the look on Makuu's face when he realises that he's practically lost. Every time I see that, I can't help but laugh because it was so funny and it especially has a terrific part where at the end of the fight and it's very emotional and sad when the older crocodile loses.
5. Bunga the Wise: After Bunga misunderstands Rafiki, he thinks that he's now the smartest animal in all of the Pride Lands and begins to give out advice which all of course end badly. While this episode may seem like a lot like the first one I talked about, it does have it's own uniqueness and it is so funny throughout. Like the whole thing with Bunga giving out the advice, while kinda weird and even kind weird to see some things of it, is funny and there's a great part at the end where they have to save all the animals from a ton of water. And, one thing I haven't mentioned yet about this show is that Kion actually has some special ability where he's able to give out a mighty roar that can knock a lot of things back called the Roar of the Elders and here he uses it to knock all the water back. And that was awesome. Sure he's done it before but I just feel that this is the coolest one we've seen so far. So yeah, overall, this is a fun, funny and just a great episode.
4. The Search for Utamu: In this episode, Bunga is trying to find some rare grubs called Utamu for Timon and Pumbaa while Fuli is trying to save a bunch of birds by herself which tires her out allowing a bunch of vultures to attack her. This episode not only does that but it also shows us Bunga's backstory and childhood. And there's some great stuff on the way. Apparently he's been with Timon and Pumbaa all his life because he did them a favour when he was younger. And I do think that this might be the episode with the best backstory in it. And I also like how the ending is played out. It's funny and touching too. And I will say that the best part is probably during the middle where Bunga says he knows where the tree, where the Utamu but of course he doesn't until someone points it out to him. Any time they do something like that on the show, that always makes me laugh.
3. Fuli's New Family: After the Lion Guard think that Fuli is lonely, they begin to invite her to their meals but each one makes her annoyed in some way but in actuality, she isn't lonely and she likes being alone. All the while, Bunga misunderstands Rafiki, of course, and thinks he now immune to everything. Before I say anything else, I will say that this episode's ending is probably the most intense climax in the whole show so far. It does have some incredible intensity in it. Watch.
But other than that, the whole episode is just so much fun. While Fuli may seem a bit mean and pushy in this, at least she's still likable again and she also has a pretty good song in this episode as well. Listen.
And there's also the real ending of this. I don't mean the climax, I mean the very end. And I like that scene a lot too. Watch.
And overall this episode is just entertaining and fun to watch.
2. Can't wait to be Queen: After Simba and Nala leave for a funeral, Simba leaves Kiara in charge to be queen. (In case you don't know, Kiara was a character created for the second Lion King movie and here, she's Kion's older sister.) But of course Kion isn't happy with that but he tries to make the best of it. Just that small premise generates a ton of possibilities and this episode takes advantage of a bunch of them. There's also this funny scene where Bunga begins to worship Kiara for a few minutes and I won't spoil how it happens but let's just say that it is funny. And there's another funny scene where Kiara tells Kion and the Guard to avert some Elings away from some bee hives but he wants to do it his way. That made me laugh incredibly hard. And there's a great ending where the Lion Guard have to save Kiara from trouble and Kion even helps her as she's about to tell Simba and Nala what happened. And I would say that it's probably the closet a Lion Guard episode can get to perfect and just a well executed as a fun part of the show.
Honourable Mentions:
Never Roar Again,
Too Many Termites,
The Mbali Fields Migration,
The Kupatana Celebration,
The Call of the Drongo,
Follow that Hippo
And my number 1 favourite Lion Guard episode is... Never judge a Hyena by its spots: Yeah, I haven't mentioned it yet but the main villains in this whole show are the Hyenas from the Outlands, just like in the movie... sorta. In this, the Lion Guard are fighting off the Hyenas again and while Kion is scarring them off back to the Outlands, the log he's standing on snaps and he falls into the river and ends up on the Outlands himself. While the others go to some other place to meet him, Kion goes around because he can't cross the river because it's so strong. While trying to get there, Kion also meets another kid Hyena named Jasiri and she's actually a nice Hyena unlike the others. She's around Kion's age and she agrees to help him get back. So yeah, it's the kind of story where it's show you not to judge things so easily no matter what they are. And the whole episode is just a lot of fun. They also sing my favourite song in the whole show. Listen.
Literally, ever since I first heard it, I cannot stop singing it and I downloaded it onto my iPod yesterday along with a few others. And the whole episode is practically just great. They of course do the whole thing where Bunga says he knows where something is but he doesn't and they do that with some of the other members too. And the whole journey with Kion and Jasiri is also a lot of fun. You feel invested in it and it's just fun to be following them. And the ending is also pretty funny with the climax and actual ending if you know what I mean. I don't really know what else to say about it. It's great it has great animation (like the whole show), great characters and it's, like I said, a lot of fun. Guys, overall, I really, really love this show and I can't wait to see the new episodes that will be coming out. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite is battle for the pridelands pt:1 because its when janja decids to be with the pridelanders.

    ReplyDelete