Saturday 9 July 2016

My top 5 worst transformations in movies

In movies, some characters turn from good to evil and vice versa at times. And some of them are well executed and well handled. These ones, however, are not. Here I'm counting down my top 5 picks for the worst transformations in movies. These will be counting any kind of the ones I just mentioned. Let's begin.
5. Yellowjacket (Ant-Man): Now I'm not blaming the movie for this, I'm just talking about when Darren Cross actually put on the Yellowjacket suit. I don't know, is it just me or did feel a little forced to you? I just kinda saw it like that as forced. I did find him menacing as a villain and it was a really good performance by Corey Stoll, but it was a very forced transformation if you were to ask me.
4. Thorin (The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies): When I bring this up, I'm talking about when Thorin begins to turn into a jerk and kinda crazy because of trying to find the Arkenstone. I don't know, I just feel like that's just sorta out of character for him. Yes, he does turn good and nice in the end but I just kinda feel that the whole turn for him was forced as well. I just thought it didn't flow super well.
3. Silver Samurai (The Wolverine): As much as I really want to place Deadpool from Origins in this, I decided to go with this because it's not really the characters choice to become that Deadpool thing in Origin whereas here, the guy turns from good to bad with no motivation. I guess the reason he did was because Wolverine didn't agree to giving him his healing factor. But even then, the way it happens isn't well executed and is a bit rushed and predictable especially when Wolverine saved him many years ago. I just didn't understand it that good.
2. Darth Vader (Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith): While this isn't at number 1 for me, this is still a ginormous problem for Revenge of the Sith. Everyone has said it and so am I. Anakin's transition into Darth Vader in this is really terrible. I mean he's a good guy into a bad guy in less than a minute. And here's what I find really weird about it. The fact that he cuts off Mace Windu's hand which gives the Emperor a chance to kill him and then Anakin feels bad about it but then the next thing he says is that he'll do whatever he says in order to save Padme. Uh, what happened to feeling bad about helping to kill Windu? I do get the motivation but the actual turn is way too fast that it doesn't make any sense. And you all know what I mean.
And the number 1 worst transformation in a movie is... Dr. Doom (Fant4stic): At the top of the list is the awful turn for the Dr. Doom from Fant4stic last year. It just doesn't make any sense. So he "dies" in the other dimension and then later he come back in that horrendous suit and says that he'll come with them back to Earth wanting to come back and falls unconscious but then when he wakes up he says he want to destroy the Earth to save the other dimension. That doesn't make the least bit sense. First off, it's so not what would happen with what we saw of him before this. Secondly, how does he feel that destroying the Earth would help the other dimension live? I don't know because it doesn't make any sense what so ever and it is so out of left field. And not mention the fact that the movie itself is so god-awful. And the whole thing with his powers is so vague. And can someone please tell me how the shuttle itself turned into some weird sucking portal when he travelled back to the other dimension? And so everyone, those are my picks for the top 5 worst transformations in movies. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below and tell me what you think the worst transformation in a movie is.

No comments:

Post a Comment