Friday 29 July 2016

My top 10 other comic book portrayals

So a couple of months ago, I made a list of my top 15 comic book movie portrayals and so here I'm continuing it. These will actually be counting down from 25 to 16 because you've all already probably seen my first list. And so these be the ones to come before them, if you know what I mean. Also, in case you didn't notice, I didn't put "movie portrayals" in this because I'll also be including the Netflix TV shows. So let's begin.
25. Bradley Cooper/Rocket: Beginning at number 25 is the actor who isn't really in the movie technically but he jut voices the character. But even with that, we still get so much personality and comedy with it. He manages to show all the things he doing with just his voice especially the dirt language and funny one-liners and he just absolutely nails it as the character and I can't wait to see him return in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 next year and see what funny things he does next.
24. Evan Peters/Quicksilver: While Aaron Taylor-Johnson has an enjoyable Quicksilver and we'll be seeing him again when Scarlet Witch resurrects him in a future M.C.U movie, it's Evan Peters who has the more enjoyable and funny Quicksilver. Especially during those slow-motion scenes with the songs. You all know what I mean. And overall he's a lot of fun and funny and a great character to watch.
23. David Tenant/Kilgrave: So this is the first Netflix portrayal on this list and I feel that it's where it belongs. I think that the performance by David Tenant as Kilgrave is amazing. I'm also surprised that he manages to somehow be a character you sometimes want to like at some part but then you just end up despising this guy again. That's impressive and I think that he just owned the role.
22. Christopher Reeves and Henry Cavil/Superman: I honestly cannot decide which Superman actor I prefer. I mean Christopher Reeves's one could very easily be the better performance but I find both performances to be great. I actually think Henry Cavill's one is kinda underrated and I find that both of them are great Supermans. Yes the one in the DC.E.U is a bit too brooding and moody but I still like the performance and I think both are pretty much the same with how great they are.
21. Don Cheadle/War Machine: It was kinda sad to see Terrance Howard leave after the first Iron Man because I think he did a great job as Rhodey in the first movie but thankfully they managed to get another great actor to replace him with Don Cheadle. So far he's been great as War Machine and it was also sad to see him paralysed at the end of Civil War. I just think he's really enjoyable and I can't wait to see what he does to get better to get into the suit again for Infinity War.
20. Scarlett Johansson/Black Widow: This is actually a performance I think is also underrated. No one says that it's bad, it's just not a lot of people talk about it. Scarlet just somehow makes this role extremely entertaining. She also has some great lines and I find her both enjoyable and interesting and she also manages to be a character who shouldn't be trusted but you still do like her and it's also great to see that her and Cap going up against each other in Civil War when they were team in the Winter Solider. And a lot of that has to do her performance and the delivery of her great lines that are a lot of fun to watch.
19. James Spader/Ultron: Ultron is easily one of the best M.C.U villains ever. I guess that isn't saying much considering the M.C.U doesn't really have the best villains ever if you know what I mean. But there are some exceptions and some that are great and Ultron is one of them. He a lot of cool moments, lines and his look is awesome and just the way James Spader says the lines is awesome. He just has a great voice for him and it's both really funny and really threatening at the same time. And that's another thing, he's just a really funny villain and I really enjoyed him in that movie.
18. Chris Pratt/Star-Lord: While Bradley Cooper is a lot of fun as Rocket, I find Chris Pratt as Star-Lord to be the most enjoyable of the Guardians of the Galaxy team. He's extremely likeable, funny and he has a lot of heart to him which does make you really care about him. He's also just a lot of fun to watch, he has great lines, great comedic timing and he's just someone you really do get behind and care for.
17. Krysten Ritter/Jessica Jones: This is where we return to the return to the Netflix performances. I actually find it hard to explain why this performance is so spectacular but somehow Krysten Ritter manages to take a character who should come off as really despicable and unlikable but in the end you just really like her. That's impressive, especially given the fact that she almost acts kinda like an anti-hero even though she is a hero. And I can't wait to see her return in Season 2 and the Defenders.
16. Charlie Cox/Daredevil: Was there any doubt? Of course the blind vigilantly also gets an actor who get to the top of this list. Matt Murdock himself is a really complex and interesting character and both the writing and Charlie Cox's performance totally sell it. Again, it's kinda hard to explain why this is so good but it's just the way he says his lines and all that is just spectacular and I'm absolutely certain that he will be phenomenal with the other Defenders when that comes out next year and I know that he'll also be fantastic in Season 3 of Daredevil. So everyone, those are my picks for the other 10 favourite comic book portrayals that go in the same category as the first one I made this may. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below.

No comments:

Post a Comment