Friday 6 January 2017

11 Naruto movies ranked

Continuing with my posts of rankings, here I'm ranking all 11 current Naruto movies. I did reviews for most of these last year and ever since then, I've managed to watch all the rest and here I'm ranking all 11 current ones. And, in case you're wondering, yes, this will have all of the movies from the original Naruto as well as from Shippuden and the Boruto movie as well. And also, I wouldn't read this unless you're 12 or over because there's going to be some graphic stuff shown here. And, no, none of these are bad movies, I just think some are better than others, if you know what I mean. Just keep that in mind. And I hope everyone reading this likes Naruto too because I would recommend checking these out if you haven't if you do like Naruto. And so, let's begin.
11. Naruto The Movie: Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom:

Staring us off our list is the third Naruto movie of the original series. The reason this I here is because, while it's not bad, it's just not anything fantastic. I enjoyed parts of it and the story was fine. The animation is still great, I mean, what do you expect, but there's not really anything in particular here that's really incredible. The story is that Naruto, Sakura and Lee are trying to take care of this boy who's obsessed with games and all that and is a little selfish and he gets on Naruto's nerves. But, as you'd expect, they eventually get a long and they stop the guy trying to attack him. One thing that kinda confuses me in this is why all the characters have new clothes and you can see from the poster. they just start off that way and they stay like it for the whole movie. It kinda confuses me. But still it is a good movie, I just don't think it's fantastic. It even has the lowest score of all the Naruto movies on IMDb. But still, it's not bad and I still enjoy it.
10. Naruto Shippuden The Movie: Road to Ninja:

I only saw this yesterday for the first time and I liked it fine. I don't know if I loved it, but I still enjoyed it. It revolves around Madara sending Naruto and Sakura to another alternate universe of their own world and everything has changed. Naruto's parents are alive, Sakura's parents are dead, Sasuke never left the village, the Akatsuki are good guys and there's another version of Naruto named Menma who's turned evil because of a dark power along with another Nine-Tailed Fox. They even start to enjoy it for a while, especially given how Naruto never had the feeling of a real family before, but they realise that they have to go back to their own world. And we even get the flashback again about how Naruto's parents died from the Nine-Tails. Look.

That is brutal. And we get an awesome fight between both of the Nine-Tailed Foxes, A.K.A Kurama, the Nine-Tail's real name, and that was awesome to see. (And yes, I know Madra is really Obito, but at this point in the show, we don't know that.) And even past that, the rest is still entertaining and fun to watch. And sad as well, you might actually cry if you watch this. I didn't, but I'm just advising that.
9. Naruto Shippuden: The Movie:

The very first Naruto Shippuden movie is at number 9. I already did a review for this last year and so if you want to hear my thoughts on it, just read that. Long story short though, this is pretty good. It's got a good and suspenseful story and it keeps you engages. I do have one or two problems with it, but other than that it's pretty good. Again, read my review to hear my full thoughts on it if you want.
8. Naruto Shippuden The Movie: The Lost Tower:
Image result for naruto shippuden the movie the lost tower poster
I only first saw this recently. I would say the reason this isn't higher is because I don't entirely think the story is that fantastic. It's good, just not amazing. It follows some stuff that's recognisable from other Naruto stories we've seen before and it doesn't entirely make anything new with it. But still, this is another good Naruto movie. Naruto and Yamato get sent back into the past and meet a princess of a kingdom that was in ruins in their time but in this time is a peaceful place. But the guy that Naruto and his team were fighting went with them and is tricking the princess there to make her think that he's a good guy but he's really a puppet master ninja and is using her. And we even see younger versions of people like Naruto's dad, Kakashi, Choji's dad and Shino's dad. And the princess there isn't believing what Naruto is telling her until he's manages to show her. And while this movie's story isn't the best in my opinion, I still like it and it is good nonetheless.
7. The Last: Naruto the Movie:

Like the first Shippuden movie, I already did a review for this last year so read that to know what it's about and know my thoughts on it. Like that one, I think it's really good. Actually it's gotten a little better for me since I did my review. The animation is of great, the drama's great and, and I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I do think the way the showed the way Naruto and Hinata were starting to fall in love I thought was pretty good. And the end climax was pretty good too inside the castle. And during the end credit scene when we see Naruto and Hinata older with Boruto and Himawari was a nice way to end it.
6. Naruto Shippuden The Movie: The Will of Fire:
Gekijô-ban Naruto Shippûden: Hi no ishi wo tsugu mono (2009)
Like the Lost Tower, I only first saw this recently. It centres around this guy who's trying to use Kekkei Genkai from a bunch of ninjas to rule the world. A long time ago he put something on Kakashi to target him to get his Sharingan. Kakashi is willing to go and be under his spell believing it to be the only way to stop him. But as he's leaving from being under his control, Naruto and Sakura go after him to stop him and Naruto's trying to stop him from getting himself killed. But then Tsunade sends all the ninja their age to go after them to stop them and bring them back. She even sends Gaara to stop them but Naruto keeps going no matter what. I think this movie is the perfect example of how to show Naruto's character. In the sense that he's willing to go to whatever lengths it takes to help everyone he cares about. Even if it means betraying his village once. And the scenes when Naruto is having to fight the others, including Gaara again, were really cool. I loved it. And the movie is a lot of fun to see. And the ending of this movie had me laughing so hard and so long. I could not stop laughing during the ending.
5. Boruto: Naruto The Movie:
Boruto: Naruto the Movie Poster
I only ever saw this online with the English subtitles like I said before and like when I did my review of it. And I still really like it. Actually, like The Last: Naruto the Movie, it's gotten a little better for me ever since I did my review of it. I like the characters, the issues it touches on are really interesting to me, the character's conflicts are also really interesting and the new characters themselves are really great to me. Boruto, Himawari, Sarada, Shikadai, Chōchō and all the rest, I really like them and I absolutely can't wait for the Boruto spin-off show, which is actually going to be called Boruto: Naruto Next Generations. I know it'll be great and really, really sad to see Naruto die and this was a great way to start it.
4. Naruto The Movie: Legend of the Stone of Gelel:
Gekijô-ban Naruto: Daigekitotsu! Maboroshi no chitei iseki dattebayo! (2005)
The second movie of the original Naruto series is at number 4. I actually haven't seen this in a while but I remember really liking it. And I do think it's better than all the ones I've mentioned so far. And out of all the Naruto movies from the original, I would say this is probably the most interesting to me. And it was great to see Naruto go out and doing all the things he does here. And it was especially interesting given the fact that this takes place after Sasuke's left and so we get to see Naruto doing all this believing in the fact that he can still find him. I also like the ending. These Naruto movies always have great endings. But still, this one was a nice way to send Temujin off on a high note. And something should bring up is that all of these movies have after credit scenes and this one's after credit scene is a good send off for him and good way to say goodbye to him from Naruto.
3. Naruto Shippuden The Movie: Bonds:
Image result for Naruto Shippuden the Movie Bonds
Continuing the list, number 3 is Bonds. This was my favourite Naruto Shippuden movie for a while but now that's changed to something else. Still though, this is another great Naruto movie. And a very touching one too. And I will say out of all the betrays that have happened in all of Naruto I've seen so far, the one from this one is probably the most heart breaking and you just hate the guy so hard for betraying him, especially given how you do like him before it happens but then you despise him. And I like how this is the first time Naruto and Sasuke team up ever since Sasuke left. And seeing them like this is awesome. I kinda wish Sasuke was in this a little more, but still the rest is great.
2. Naruto The Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow:

At number 2 is the very first Naruto movie ever. Like some of the others I just talked about, I already did a review for this and so check that out if you want. And I still stand by that this is my favourite out of all the original Naruto movies. The animation is incredible, the story's good, it's nice to see that this is still at the time of Naruto before Sasuke left, the trailer for this was also really incredible to me and I still really like almost everything that happened in this. There was probably one thing I wasn't the biggest fan of, but still, like all the rest, I really enjoy this one. Like I said, it's my favourite out of all the original Naruto series movies.
1. Naruto Shippuden The Movie: Blood Prison:
NARUTO/#619284 - Zerochan | Наруто шипуден, Наруто, Фильмы
And finally at number 1 is Blood Prison. Now, this may or may not be right, but I think this is the only 15 rated Naruto movie. And yeah, it totally deserves that rating. This is probably the most bloodiest Naruto movie. And there's also a lot of really intense action. But on top of that. I really like the story here. It centres around Naruto being framed for an assassination then being sent to a prison where it turns out that the lord of that prison is who framed him and the reason is because there's a powerful box there called the Box of Paradise and it's supposed to grant the wish of anyone who can open it.

But it takes an enormous amount of chakra to open it and so having Naruto having the Nine-Tailed Fox in him makes him someone to drain a whole bunch of chakra from. And the reason the lord wants to open it is to see his son who he sacrificed to open it years ago saying it was for the benefit of their village but he regrets doing that. And while there, Naruto makes a friend named Ryuuzetsu who was sent there to assassinate Mui, the name of the lord there. But when Mui does finally get the box open, it bring out his son named Muku who's been turned into a monster called Satori for being in the box for so long and it's power effecting him. And now Naruto has to find out how to stop him and the box, which doesn't really grant anyone's wish, it just consumes people and turns them crazy and turns friends into enemies like what it did to Muku. And yeah, while it may not seem like much, I still really like this movie and story. I would say this is the one with the least amount of comedy, but it's still made up with this really, really good film. And I also like Muku's design after he becomes Satori. It's really cool. Look.
Image result for naruto shippuden the movie blood prison satori
Image result for naruto shippuden the movie blood prison satori
And you do feel kinda sorry for Muku because he did seem to be a nice person in the flashbacks we saw him in. And by the way, in case you're wondering why Naruto didn't use any jutsu to get out, it's because Mui put a jutsu on him called the Celestial Prison which keeps him from using any chakra. And something else I want to mention is this. I thought about this a lot, but I think this movie has my favourite Naruto music ever. Here's some.
And the action is also incredible. Especially the final fight with Naruto and Gamabunta vs. Muku.
Image result for naruto shippuden the movie blood prison gamabunta vs satori
And like I said, they earned that 15 rating. As I said, this is probably the most bloodiest Naruto movie ever. Especially when Naruto and Muku are fighting while he's in Satori form and Muku stabs him and Ryuuzetsu with his sharp hand and there's a huge hole in their stomachs. Look.
Image result for naruto shippuden the movie blood prison naruto dead
Image result for naruto shippuden the movie blood prison gamabunta vs satori
And in terms of Ryuuzetsu...

... I really like her. She actually might be my favourite out of all the friends Naruto makes in these movies. In every Naruto movie, Naruto always makes a new friend and Ryuuzetsu is probably my favourite out of all of them. It was pretty sad to see her die at the end of the movie.
Image result for naruto shippuden the movie blood prison Ryuuzetsu

I also really like Maroi. He's another prisoner who helps them. I really like him too. This is what he looks like.

And everyone, that's my ranking of all 11 current Naruto movies. Thank you all for reading and if you like Naruto, tell me what your favourite is.

No comments:

Post a Comment