Monday 30 January 2017

7 new Disney Renaissance villains ranked

So my last entry was me ranking the 10 villains from the original Disney Renaissance and now here I'm going to be ranking the ones from the new one from the Princess and the Frog to Moana. And so, just like that one, I hope you like this and agree with me and please comment to tell me what you think.
7. Callaghan (Big Hero 6):

Starting us off at the bottom of the list is the main villain from Big Hero 6. While not as bad as Ratcliffe was in Pocahontas, I would say that the biggest problem with him is that if you haven't seen this before and you see it for the first time, it would be very predictable to tell who he is. Everyone, including me have mentioned how it's easy to guess who he is. But still, he is a cool villain and cool to watch.
6. Mother Gothal (Tangled):

While definetly not a bad villain and definetly a good one, I don't entirely think she's a fantastic one. It's hard to explain, but even then, she's a really good one. Though, she kinda reminds me a lot of Ursula and Frollo. If you've seen those movies, then you should know what I mean. She's also a really dark and kinda sadistic one too.
5. Te Ka (Moana):

While most people don't really consider Te Ka a villain in Moana, I personally do and even the creators say she is too along with Tamatoa. And so I'm putting Te Ka at number 5. If you've seen Moana already, then you know Taka is the huge lava monster who was actually Tafiti who was turned that way after Maui stole her heart. And man oh man is she awesome when she's this way. And when she goes back to normal and is good again, it is so rewarding.
4. Bellwether (Zootropolis):
Image result for zootopia bellwether
This is kind of a spoiler if you haven't seen Zootropolis, which is impossible, but if you haven't, then yeah, now you know that Bellwether is the main villain. And her motivation, while kinda clichéd, is kinda understandable, she hates being mistreated and acting like nothing to Lionheart so she wants to frame all predators and become the mayor. And while that isn't the best motivation and some people have said she's not the most perfect Disney villain, she's still pretty cool at times during the ending.
3. Hans (Frozen):

Probably one of the best parts of Frozen in my opinion was the twist reveal where we find out that Hans was actually a bad guy the whole time. Which is kinda sad because in the scenes we saw him in before that happened, he was really likeable and a good guy but I think it was pretty well executed in the way they did it and I guess it kinda made sense with how they were trying to do it because I guess it woulda been a little generic if he was a typical  clichéd good guy hero prince. And so doing this I think was a good idea and I think he made a really good villain too.
2. King Candy/Turbo (Wreck-It Ralph):

Have you ever noticed that ever since this movie and this villain, every Disney Classic afterwards have had a sorta twist villain like some of the ones I mentioned there. Anyway, this is probably one of the more threatening Disney villains in a while. While he may not seem very threatening at first, once we see that he's really Turbo. He totally is. And especially when we see him merge with that Cy-Bug.
1. Dr. Facilier/Shadow Man (The Princess and the Frog):

At number 1 is the main villain from the first movie that started this new Disney Renaissance. While all the others on here are good too, I think the Shadow Man is the coolest and the most entertaining. And all the scenes with him were perfect and same for Keith David as the voice for him. And not to mention his death which was also really awesome. There really isn't much to say, I just think he's a really cool villain and the best one we've seen yet in this new Disney Renaissance. And everyone, that's my ranking of all 7 current new Disney Renaissance villains. Hopefully the next three Disney Renaissance villains are good too and yeah, thank you all for reading and please comment to tell me what you think or tell me how'd you rank them.

2 comments:

  1. 7. Te Ka
    6. Hans
    5. Bellwether
    4. Callaghan
    3. Mother Gotel
    2. King Candy
    1. Doctor Facilier

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. Please keep them coming and please tell me what you think on my other Disney entries and please stay tuned to see my YouTube videos because I'll be talking a lot about Disney there.

      Delete