Friday 6 January 2017

The Lion Guard: The Trail to Udugu

So now we get back to the Lion Guard episode reviews for 2017 with this new episode from today. The Lion Guard: The Trail to Udugu. As you can probably guess, I was super excited about this. Not just because I love this show and these characters, but also because from what I was gathering from the adds and pictures, it looked interesting and it also focused a lot on Kion and Kiara. Which is really good. I love these two characters and the Max Charles as Kion and Erin Regan as Kiara. They are both fantastic as these two and so focusing an episode seemed really interesting to me. And it also looked like it was going to have a funny subplot. I'll get to that in a second but first, let's go over the story. And yes, like the other episodes I've reviewed before, I'm going to talk about the whole story, so if you haven't seen it yet and you want to, go watch it and then read this. You can watch it online in YouTube if you want. So, what's the story? It opens with Kion and Kiara playing but then they start fighting. (Of course, the clichéd sibling thing, if you know what I mean. I'm sure all siblings do. Just look at me and my brother.) Anyway, Nala then speaks to them saying that she's going to take them to a place called Udugu. Which is supposed to be a place where siblings in the royal family go to get along. Both Kion and Kiara say they're going to get their first and Simba says that he's going to take over as leader of the Lion Guard while Kion's gone. Just from that one sentence, there's literally hundreds of hilarious possibilities and this episode takes advantage of a lot of them. So while Kion, Kiara and Nala are going to this Udugu place, Simba and the Guard are going around the Pride Lands helping animals. But Simba feels that now that he's the temporary Lion Guard leader, they should all do what they say, even do things differently then they would already do it with Kion. And then with Kion and Kiara, they get separated from Nala and they decide to follow her scent to find her. They eventually come to a cliff and they work together and Kion manages to get Kiara to the top where Nala is and they go down and Nala explains that Udugu is really something she made up hoping Kion and Kiara would work together to find her. And it worked. And with Simba and the Guard, Simba realises he should have done things the way Kion did it and so he lets the Guard do things their way when they're trying to save some ostriches from some gazelles. And the ending is Kion, Kiara, Simba and Nala talking on Pride Rock. So of course, the biggest thing, you all know I'm going to say is that the cast is still amazing as ever. Max Charles is of course great again. Same with Eden Regan. They both play off each other incredibly well and they have really great chemistry. And also, seeing Simba trying to lead the Lion Guard is really funny. And I would say probably the funniest part is probably when Bunga is trying to explain to the others what it's like to be with Simba. We actually get a song for that part. And it's good. I wouldn't say it's fantastic, but still, it's a good song.
And the animation is obviously top-notch. It's still amazing. Now, as far as some negatives I can think of, there's only a few, unfortunate as it is to say. One is that I feel like Simba isn't entirely being nice to the Guard when he's saying that they should do what he says and I know he's the king and all, but I just think that this isn't right for this kind of thing. Another is that I feel like some of things Simba does while trying to protect the animals isn't like him. The problems I really have are a few little things with Simba. With Kion, Kiara and Nala, I have no problem with them. Their side of the story was great in my opinion. Totally worth watching a lot. But the whole stuff with Simba isn't bad. It's still good and especially with then ending when he realises he was wrong to try and change the Guard his way, is very good. I really liked that. But really, the whole thing with Kion and Kiara is gold. That stuff was great. And this is another really good Lion Guard episode. It's not as good as some of the others like Lions of the Outlands or Never Judge a Hyena by it's Spots or Can't Wait to be Queen or some others but it's still a really good episode I can't wait to watch more times again. And so everyone, that's my review of the Lion Guard: The Trail to Udugu. I'm really looking forward to more new episodes. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment