Wednesday 15 February 2017

7 Ron Clements and John Musker Disney Classics ranked

With Moana coming to DVD really soon and I already have it ordered, I thought it would be a good idea to look back at the history of the directors of this and rank the 7 movies they've made and I am of course talking about John Musker and Ron Clements. I've said this already about how they're my favourite Disney directors and so far they've made 7 Disney Classics including Moana and so I thought it would be a great idea to rank all 7 and I can't wait to see what these two do next. And there's a slight possibility you're going to disagree with some of the choices in the way I put them, but these are just my opinion and the way I like these movies. Also, I don't hate any of these movies. I love all but one of them. But I still really like the other one too. And so, let's begin and I hope you all like this.
7. Treasure Planet:
See the source image
Starting us off at the bottom of the list is Treasure Planet. A very different and kinda unique sorta Disney Classic. I did a review on this a few years ago and everything I said then is still true now. I really find this movie underrated a little. It seems really unique like I said and the crew, especially Ron and John, all really seemed to be committed to this. While it does have some problems, I still find this movie really enjoyable.
6. The Great Mouse Detective:
Image result for the great mouse detective poster
Now we get into the really good Disney movies. The Great Mouse Detective is a really fun movie. All around, it's a super fun movie and really good character driven movie too. This was Ron and John's first real movie together and they totally pulled it off. And with this being the first animated movie with computer effects in it, they knew what they were doing when they incorporated it into this. And Basil and Ratigan are really good heroes and villains here.
5. Hercules:
Image result for hercules 1997 poster
At number 5, we have one of my most nostalgic movies ever, Hercules. I remember absolutely loving this movie and watching it a lot when I was younger and even now it's still a really enjoyable movie with really likeable and enjoyable characters and a cool villain with Hades. And there's also really funny scenes too. Especially with Phil who's really hilarious. And the rest of the characters are also likeable and funny and the story is really well told with very unique kind of animation.
4. The Little Mermaid:
Image result for the little mermaid poster
Next up is the movie that started the original Disney Renaissance in 1989, the Little Mermaid. This was such a ground-breaking movie when it came out and the directing by Ron and John here is absolutely amazing. And if you watch the two of them in interviews for this movie, they even said that this was one of their favourite projects they worked on and it shows. A strong movie held together by mostly strong characters and fantastic animation and songs make me put this movie at number 4.
3. Aladdin:
Image result for aladdin 1992 poster
Having a big success with the Little Mermaid four years before this, Ron and John managed to turn out another enjoyable, funny and really likeable movie. This was a movie everyone went to see when it came out and it's totally easy to see why. It's fantastic and it has Robin Williams as the Genie, of course it's going to be amazing. The animation and colours are really nice here and it was great to follow these characters and see what they're doing. And Aladdin and Jasmine are also really good leads for it and everything with Jafar is awesome. just a really solid and really enjoyable Disney movie.
2. The Princess and the Frog:

When I was putting this together, I was kinda thinking about these last three and where to put them. I'm talking about the Little Mermaid, Aladdin and this. I was thinking about it for a while but then I decided to do it this way. I really love these movies, but I guess I would put them this way for now. But yeah, I've already talked about this movie a lot and how I absolutely love it. I think it's fantastic and one of the most entertaining Disney movies ever. The characters, performances, songs and story are all amazing and really well put together. I actually think this is kinda underrated and not given the praise it deserves in my opinion. I absolutely love this movie.
1. Moana:

This is what I meant at the beginning when I said you would most likely disagree with me. But I can't help it. I love Moana. It's the most recent Disney Classic and it's fantastic. I think it's one of the best animated movies in a while. Not as good as Zootropolis, but still, really fantastic. I'm not even 100% certain how I would rank all the movies in the new Disney Renaissance, but whatever. The cast is amazing, especially the main two. This was Auli'i Cravalho's first movie ever and she was amazing perfect. Maybe one of the best Disney voice cast I've heard in a while and maybe ever. And Dwayne Johnson kills it as Maui. They were fantastic and I loved these two together. The animation is amazing too as to be expected from Disney nowadays. Like I said before, even though in real life I hate water, but the animation on the water here is just phenomenal. The songs are also some of the best I think I may have ever heard from Disney. I cannot stop listening to these amazing songs. They are so amazing. Especially How Far I'll Go. I already said that in my review, but I love almost every song here.
They're almost all amazing. Except for Shiny. That song is good, just not great. And the people behind this were all happy with this too.
And there was actually an after credit scene and it is so hilarious. Watch this.
That is awesome. I actually think I liked this movie more than a lot of other people because a lot of people said it was good, just not an absolute amazing masterpiece, but I think it is and it's still my third favourite movie of last year. And like I said, I love these characters and this story. I really do and I can't wait to get this and put it with my other Disney Classics. And everyone, those are the 7 Ron Clements and John Musker Disney Classics ranked. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think and tell me how you'd rank them.

No comments:

Post a Comment