Monday 27 February 2017

The Lion Guard: Ono's Idol

Returning to the Lion Guard episode reviews, here we're talking about the newest episode from a few days ago, the Lion Guard: Ono's Idol. This actually might come as a surprise, but I think this was one of the episodes that were coming I wasn't incredibly hyped for. I mean, I was obviously excited like always, but from what I was hearing and seeing of some of the clips that were being released about it, I just wasn't getting that hooked onto it. But as we got closer to it, it did start to look a little to me. And so, did this episode live up to what I was expecting... yeah, I would say so. I wouldn't exactly say it's one of the best, but it's definetly incredible. And, yeah, if you didn't see it yet and you want to, go watch it and then rad this because I'm going to talk about the whole story. What's the story? It opens up with a bunch of birds from all over the Pride Lands, including Ono, going somewhere to meet someone named Hadithi who's said to be some kind of hero that Ono really looks up to. Simba and Nala agree to throw a celebration for him and Hadithi says that it's apparently tradition to build a bird hero a special nest made out of the leaves from the tallest tree in the Pride Lands for the ceremony. So Ono and him go off for a while and Kion, Bunga, Fuli and Beshte go to find the tallest tree and get the leaves like Hadithi said. And more of the episode is Ono and Hadithi going around either to talk and so Hadithi can teach Ono some move he apparently knows and the others are looking for the leaves. Though, eventually, as Hadithi and Ono are heading back to Pride Rock for the ceremony, they see hyenas attacking some animals. Ono decides to fly down to help them while Hadithi goes to the ceremony but while there, he begins to feel guilty about leaving them and so he and the rest of the Guard go back to save them and help Ono. Meanwhile, Ono is trapped on some rocks and the Hyenas are close to the other animals but then the Guard and Hadithi show up and he explains that all the stories about him being a hero aren't true but Ono already kinda figured it out along with the fact that he didn't have any super cool move that Ono was saying he wanted him to teach him. Anyway, they stop the hyenas and the ceremony goes on and it's celebrating Ono instead. And, yeah, that's it. With each passing episode of this show, the crew behind the scenes are still doing great with the casting. They got John O'Hurley to do the voice of Hadithi and he's really good. He's also good in the song here too. The song here is like the one in the last episode. It's good, just not great in my opinion. But it's still enjoyable. Listen.
And the whole thing with the Guard going of to get the leaves is really funny. Especially when they found the biggest tree and Bunga climbs it but then he sees the real biggest tree. And the whole thing with Ono and Hadithi is also really good because Hadithi is going around telling these kinda untrue advices to other animals and Ono is trying to explain to everyone what he thinks it really means. And the final fight with the Guard and hyenas is also really good, especially with the animation they use. And, speaking of which, the animation is still great. And I also really like the whole thing with Ono and Hadithi with Ono just trying to live up to his hero. I think there's a ton of people who can relate to that. And the ending where everyone starts celebrating Ono too. I really like that. It was a nice and happy ending for him. And yeah, those are really my small thoughts on Ono's Idol. It's not one of the best Lion Guard episodes, or one of the worst. It's not as good as say Never Judge A Hyena By Its Spots or Lions Of The Outlands, but I still really like this episode and I'm excited to see it again and I'm excited for the next episode next month with Beshte And The Hippo Lanes. I can't wait for that. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment