Monday 6 February 2017

Kingdom Hearts 2

And so everyone, we're here. One of the most perfect things ever to me and the best thing to spend your time with and the best video game of all time as of right now in my opinion, Kingdom Hearts 2. Yeah, we're here. This is the kind of game that aren't around much anymore. If you want to hear my opinion and ask me what I think the best video game of all time is for now, I would definetly say this. It's by far the best game I've ever played, it surpasses the original game in every way imaginable and it is as perfect as anything could possibly be. I love every tiny thing in this game. Everything in it, the action, visuals, scale, worlds, designs, characters, story, music, bosses. Literally everything in this, I love so much. Okay, before I get ahead of myself, let's start with the story. What's the story? It once again opens with that opening credit sequence. These Kingdom Hearts games always have fantastic openings. But this one's my favourite. The song is perfect, so are the visuals and everything. I listen to it on my iPod all the time.
So you're started off by playing as this character named Roxas in a town called Twilight Town with his friends, Hayner, Pence and Ollete. And the opening is showing this guy and showing that something's not right with him and there are these things bothering him. White creatures are appearing all over the place, people he never knew before are showing up and talking about stuff he doesn't know about and his life is acting weird. And it has something to do with Sora. Who's somewhere. Even a man named Axel is showing up and talking to Roxas like he's known him before but Roxas has no idea what he's talking about. But after about 6 days, Roxas realises what's going on. He was part of the Organisation with the black coats. Anyway, Roxas makes it to Sora in the pod he was in at the end of Chain of Memories. And so he wakes up and we get a funny scene of him, Donald and Goofy reuniting. That's something that I haven't mentioned yet. This series is funny. Like, really funny. Every game has some really hilarious scene like in the first game, Sora does this...
And this is one of this game's funny scenes. Watch this scene.
Anyway, they leave the mansion they're in and go around. They find Hayner, Pence and Ollete, who here, have no idea who Roxas is, and they tell them that King Mickey is looking for them. They go to find them but when they do, he just gives them a pouch with money in it so they can get on a train and go to his master named Master Yen Sid. They also fight the white creatures too. So they go to Yen Sid's tower and find a guy named Pete who's apparently controlling the Heartless. The three of them go inside the tower and get a lot of news from Yen Sid. Apparently the white creatures and the people in black coats are called Nobodies and the people in black coats are part of a group called Organisation XIII and he explains that they apparently don't have hearts and don't really exist at all. And having Sora defeat Heartless and release hearts is what they're after. They talk some more and Sora even gets new clothes from the fairies from Sleeping Beauty. They even give him a new power called Drive Form. And I love his new suit. It's my favourite clothing in the series. Maybe ever. It looks so cool.

You all already know I have this costume for real and it's my favourite thing to wear and I always wear it when ever I'm playing any of the big Kingdom Hearts games like 1, 2 and some others.


And I always act like I'm a character one of Sora's friends from the island who also got a Keyblade and I'm there and when someone refers to Sora in anyway, I like to say them or the four of them or my own name and stuff like that. I don't care if that makes me sound really weird. I just do that and I love it. Anyway, so Sora, Donald and Goofy leave but then Maleficent comes back to life because of the power of the memories from the fairies.
And then Sora, Donald and Goofy begin going around many worlds again, both old and new. And, while that's happening, there's a lot of other things happening too. And, that's where I'm going to stop. There's so many things that happen in this game I just can't say all of them. So, yeah. This game is literally flawless to me. There are so many amazing things in this game, I barely know where to start. Well firstly, like I said, this game surpasses the first game in every way. Really everything that was amazing in the first game, this game makes a billion times better. The story is so interesting and so creative, even though some people have said they think it's complicated but since I've played all the games a million times, I can easily follow it. The action is so much better. I mean seriously, Sora is insane in this game. He is so strong and as you level up more and more, you get even more powerful. The reaction commands are also fantastic and fun. As well as the different Limit attacks you can use. And another thing to note, this game is long. Like really long. There are so many things in this game and it's so long. This game also has the most worlds in it too. And the bosses are also incredible. There's not one in here I don't like. They're all awesome, fun and great to do. I especially like this game better in the 2.5 version where there's more to do and more to explore and more bosses to fight. That game also has Limit Form too. But, of course, let's get the best part of the whole game and the series, the characters and story. The characters here and the best I've ever seen them. Same with some of their new designs. Same with the cast. This is the best I've seen them too. This game has my favourite Sora voice from Hayley Joel Osment and the everything associated with Sora in this is perfect. Even the cast themselves were very happy with how this game was done. Watch this.
And the fact that Hayley Joel Osment may or may not be my favourite actor right now because of this is really something to me. This game also has the most epic parts in the entire series and most interesting parts. Like for the epic parts, this game has that 1000 Heartless fight and the whole fight for Hollow Bastian, (that whole thing is incredible as well), the whole conspiracy with the M.C.P the third time you go to Hollow Bastian, the final bosses of every world and many more. I especially love this scene where Axel explains what's going on.
This game is also huge. In all the Kingdom Hearts games the worlds seem a little small because the camera was kinda close up on Sora, but here it looks massive. This entire game and it's worlds look humongous. There's also better space battles. That was one thing I didn't entirely like about the first game. The gummi ship fights and you had to do that a lot but here it's better. They're all really fun and you don't have to do them all the time. You didn't really have to do them all the time in the first game, but you did have to do them quite a few times before you got the warp drive. The music is of course amazing and the songs as well. Yoko Shimomura is my favourite composer ever. She's just fantastic. Her music in this is of course still fantastic like in all the Kingdom Hearts games. Listen to some of these.
She is so talented and I love all the music in this series and this game in particular. This game's ending is also perfect. You see everyone return to where they belong and it's so satisfying and it makes you so happy but then there's the after credit scene. Yeah, every Kingdom Hearts game has an after credit scene and some of them have a secret ending scene or something after you finish the game. This is this game has an after credit scene which is kind of a set up for Dream Drop Distance.
Another thing that was awesome about this game was that you can actually play as King Mickey. Sometimes if you die, the screen goes white and there are two options, I give up and I won't give up. If you click onto I won't give up, you actually play as King Mickey and that is beyond cool. You get to fight as him and build up power to heal Sora again. That was so amazing. Also, the introduction to the Organisation was fantastic as well. I know they were introduced in Chain of Memories, but we didn't know who they really were there. Here, they're great. I know we do know who they truly are in Dream Drop Distance, but still. Every single one of them that were introduced here were awesome. Especially Axel. I love Axel. He's awesome and funny. And his sacrifice was so sad.
This game also has so many places to go and things to do there. And going around these worlds and exploring and seeing these various place is so amazing. The transformations were also awesome, say for the whole Atlantica thing again and, yeah, that whole singing thing is pretty weird, but I don't really hate it. Even though it's kinda ridiculous, it's still undeniably really fun and pretty hilarious. But I kinda enjoy it. I mean, the best part of that world is Haley Joel Osment. You know, he's great as Sora. You buy him as the character he gives emotion to what he doing and his singing voice is really, really great in my opinion. I think he's an amazing singer in this. Here's an example.
And that's not a problem for me. The game's animation is also a lot better. While it may seem similar to the first, I think it looks better. Same with the character designs. I already mentioned how I love Sora's redesign. That's my favourite Sora design. But also the others like Kairi, Riku, Leon, Yuffie, Cloud, all of them. They're much better in my opinion. The worlds also look better too. I'm talking about the worlds that returned from the first game like Hollow Bastian, Olympus Coliseum, Atlantica, Halloween Town, Agrabah, the 100 Acre Wood, all of them and all the new ones are fanatastic too. The Pride Lands, Port Royal, Disney Castle, Beast's Castle, the Land of Dragons, Twilight Town, the World that Never Was. Every single one of them. And every time you go to a world from the last game, it feels so good and so happy to see Sora, Donald and Goofy reunite with their friends from that world. This game also had fantastic secret bosses too. Especially Sephiroth. Cloud and Sephiroth are great in this game too and the fight between them is fantastic and when you have to fight him, that's also great, though very hard. But still, it's fantastic. Even the things in the Coliseum are fantastic with the many cups and rounds and the different tournaments. Guys, I really don't know what else to say. This is just the perfect thing ever and is the best thing to do in my time. Everything in it I think is perfect. Not one thing could have been done better in my opinion. It's just the perfectly made thing ever. I can easily give it a 10/10 if anyone asked. And for a game like this to be this amazing, I hope Kingdom Heart 3 is a billion times better when it comes out. And that's my review of Kingdom Hearts 2. Thank you all so much for reading and definetly play this game if you haven't yet. I loved writing about this and saying my thoughts on it. Thank you so much and look forward to my review of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days next. Thank you all again for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you thought of this review.

1 comment:

  1. Very detailed review.I honestly have not played this one as much as KH1 so cannot remember how good I thought it was but I do agree the boss fights are way more fun and the music (especially some of the boss music) is amazing!I love how much time you spend on this and how detailed the review is!

    ReplyDelete