Tuesday 14 February 2017

Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance

So now we've come to the last Kingdom Hearts review before 0.2 and that is Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance. Next to Kingdom Hearts 2, this is another one of the most perfect things ever. This was my favourite Kingdom Hearts game for a while but then I thought about it more and Kingdom Hearts 2 is my favourite but this is still a really incredible and perfect game. What's the story? Firstly like every Kingdom Hearts game, there's an amazing opening, but this one is actually a little different to all the other ones we saw before.
It picks up where the secret ending of Re:Coded left off, with Sora and Riku going to the Mysterious Tower to do the Mark of Mastery exam. But unlike the way Terra and Aqua did, they have to do it a different way. They sorta go back in time in their dreams. I don't know entirely. It's a tiny bot hard to explain. But anyway, they go back in time and the objective of the game is to complete the worlds you're in and they have to find and unlock seven sleeping keyholes which will apparently grant them new powers. And so they do but something is going on. Yen Sid, King Mickey, Donald and Goofy are all worried because they feel like Xehanort is up to something. And there is something going on. Especially with Sora. The further he goes, the more he's starting to feel really weird. And the reason for that is because Xehanort wants him for something. And, I'm going to stop there. There are a lot of really important things to know about in the story and I'll get to that in a second, but first, let's go over the many good things in this. Firstly, the graphics in this are the best since Kingdom Hearts 2. I know all the Kingdom Hearts game kinda look the same, but here, I think it just looks a tiny bit different. Not a lot different, just a little. And the gameplay is also fantastic. This is also the best gameplay in Kingdom Hearts game since Kingdom Hearts 2. Not as good, but still, really impressive. I love the gameplay here. I think it's fantastic. I also really love the worlds they have here. All the new Disney ones they introduced were awesome, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Pinocchio, Tron Legacy, Fantasia and the Three Musketeers. I think they're all awesome. And even though I don't really like the Ton Legacy movie, I do really like this game's world of it. And seeing the interactions between Sora and Riku and all these characters is fanatastic like always. Speaking of which, you get to play as Sora and Riku here. They're in different locations and you do this thing called Drop where the character falls asleep and then you play as the other character and play their side of the story. I thought that was really fun. And of course the characters are still amazing and so is the cast. They're amazing like always. I said this about Max Charles as Kion and I'm saying it again, I'm never not gonna like Haley Joel Osment as Sora. And the same goes to David Gallagher as Riku. Both of these actors are still amazing and I still love them. And this is the Kingdom Hearts game that made me absolutely adore Riku. I already loved him in Chain of Memories and Kingdom Hearts 2, but here, I love him more than I ever have. And the fact that this was a 3DS game opened a lot of possibilities like the graphics like I said a second ago. The graphics look just like Kingdom Hearts 1, Re:Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts 2 and Birth By Sleep in the way it looks. I mean in 358/2 Days and Re:Coded, the were a little restricted and some things looked a little weird and since they were both just regular DS games, they didn't look that great. They looked good, just not absolutely amazing. But here, they look amazing. And remember what I was saying about the gameplay, this game introduced something that got rid of the problem that some of the other games had and that was the platforming. This game introduced Flowmotion which is this thing where you can jump and dash towards a wall and this pink energy would go around Sora and Riku and you can jump as many times as you wanted by dashing to different walls. It's kinda hard to explain exactly what happens, but it was amazing and it's even returning in Kingdom Hearts 3. We saw it in the trailer we got in 2015 and I love that because it was amazing and perfect here. It was an amazing idea. And you don't even have to do anything. You just have it at the very beginning. And many twists that occur here are incredible. And, I'm sorry but I have to show you the ending because it's really important to know what happens. Here it is. So apparently Xehanort is coming back like Yen Sid said and he wants Sora as a vessel for his heart. I don't know if you'll get it all from this but I'm gonna try my best. Here's the big ending.
I'm sorry if that seemed really long, but like I said, if you want to know the full thing, it's important to know all of that. And remember when Xehanort said there's going to a time when the lights and darknesses fight? He's obviously talking about Kingdom Hearts 3. That scene is a setup for the ending of Kingdom Hearts 3 I bet. And it's really awesome to see that Kairi is going to be in Keyblade training too. Spoiler alert, but she actually got a Keyblade from Riku near the end of Kingdom Hearts 2, but I already said that in my Birth By Sleep review. And apparently, at the end of 0.2, Yen Sid actually sends Kairi and Lea to Radiant Garden, A.K.A Hollow Bastion, to train with Merlin and the three fairies. That was awesome. And in case anyone is wondering why Axel is alive, it's because of something Yen Sid said during the secret ending of Re:Coded. It's because whenever a person has vanished and their Nobody is around, if their Nobody is destroyed, that person will return to normal. Which means almost all of the original Organisation XIII members are back to normal. In fact, the whole original Organisation XIII thing was Xehanort's plan as well. According to Xigbar, the reason Xemnas and Xehanort formed the original Organisation XIII was so they could apparently "round up a bunch of empty husks, hook them up to Kingdom Hearts and fill them with the exact same heart and mind." Which means they used the Organisation member so they could turn them all into more Xehanorts. And apparently all of the original Organisation members actually did have hearts but Xemnas and Xigbar lied to them saying they didn't. Like I said, this can be really confusing if you don't know the full thing, but yeah, that's what the plan was. And I like that idea. That is an amazing and brilliant move of writing from Tetsuya Nomora. But now that the original Organisation is gone and back to what they were, Xehanort made a new one of different versions of himself from different times. In fact, one version of himself is constantly showing up around Sora and Riku and talking to them and you get to fight him at the end as Riku. And speaking of Sora, now I get to talk about the full thing with him. I might have said this already in my Birth By Sleep review, but still, so he wasn't really chosen by the Keyblade. Riku was. Remember when Terra performed the ceremony on Riku to get a Keyblade, well the night Riku gave into the darkness was also the night he was supposed to get it, but since he gave into the darkness and the Keyblade knew Sora's heart was stronger and with the people in his heart, it went to him instead. The Keyblade didn't choose him but he got it because Riku gave into the darkness. Yeah, I just thought you should know that. This is also the only Kingdom Hearts game I've finished 100%. And the secret boss is also awesome. It's Julius. I've never heard of him before this, but yeah, you fight him in Traverse Town and if you beat him, you get the Ultima Weapon Keyblade. Speaking of bosses, all of them are great here, maybe Spellican is a little annoying, but I still really like it. And the best part is that when you finish the game, you can go back and fight the last boss of any world whenever you want. And I really like the Dream Eaters here. The Dream Eaters are these animal like things that help you and they're also your enemy this time instead of Heartless or Nobodies or Unversed. There are those that are on your side and there are those who are you're enemies and you always have to fight them. I'm also so good on this game I haven't died in ages. This game also showed maybe my favourite Keyblade in the entire series, the Unbound Key.
See the source image
I'm not sure if it is my favourite because I have so many favourites, but it's one my top 5 favourite Keyblades. It's so strong and powerful. This game also introduced characters from the World Ends With You game. I've never heard of it before this, but the characters from it here are awesome. And I love everything about this game. I absolutely love it. It's right up there with Kingdom Hearts 2. I like Kingdom Hearts 2 a little more, but still, I still love this game and everything in it. It is another perfect game that I have no problem with what so ever like Kingdom Hearts 2. So yeah, definetly play this if you haven't already. Same for all the Kingdom Hearts games. And so everyone, those were all the Kingdom Hearts games reviewed. the reason I was doing reviews for all of them was because Kingdom Hearts 2.8 has come out and I'm getting it in a couple of days and when it does, I'm going to do a review for 0.2. I can't wait for that and I'm still waiting patiently for Kingdom Hearts 3, or at least for some other new announcement for it. I heard that there's supposed to be one this Christmas and I hope that that's true and if so, I cannot wait. So yeah, thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you thought of this review or tell me if you've played the Kingdom Hearts games and if so, what do you think of them and I would highly recommend them if you haven't. This series is still the best thing ever to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment