Friday 12 January 2018

The Lion Guard: Divide and Conquer

So finishing my reviews of the most Lion Guard reviews is the one I was most anticipating, Divide and Conquer. This is one I spoke about before on my list of episodes coming soon a while back. And, yeah, this episode is really good. I had a really good time with this and it's one of the better ones to come out in a while. And, again, as I always say, this will have all the spoilers, so, if you don't want it spoiled, see it and then read this. What's the story? Scar advises the hyenas and jackals to try something together. He's thinking of a plan to have the Guard spilt up to go after them on a mission. When they decide to try this, Kion thinks of an idea with Tamaa the Drango, if you remember him, he's the bird who could impersonate anyone. And so, Scar sends the Janja and the other hyenas to try to attack Rafiki while Rei Rei and her Jackals go after other animals. And this is where Tamaa comes in. While the Guard stops the hyenas, Tamaa stops the Jackals until they spot him and head back to fight the Guard. And this fight has some really great moments, but I get into that in a second. But, near the end Janja is about to give up on the fight until Scar appears in some fire and tells him to stop, but then Kion sees him for the first time. Watch.
Afterwards, right after they beat all of them, the spot where Scar was, there's a burnt piece of the ground in the shape of his right eye. For one thing, that whole part there is really cool. Obviously, Kion sorta feels like forgetting it at first because he doesn't know what's going on and it was only for a brief second he saw Scar, but it was still cool that he did see him after all this time. But that's not the only good thing about this episode. The interactions are really good and I really liked how the hyenas and jackals were sorta working off each other because they don't really like each other. So that whole part inside the volcano with them arguing was pretty fun. And, one of the things I liked about this the most was the ending fight scene. Even Rafiki joins the fight and he does the same kind of fighting moves he did in the first Lion King movie when he was fighting the hyenas. I really like call-backs like that. And I like seeing things like that. But, not only that, but also, I liked the different plans the Guard thinks of to do these fights. And it was nice to see Tamaa back after a while. I liked him here and I liked how he had more to do as well as him being a good guy the whole time here. But, I really, the thing I liked the absolute most here was that scene with Kion seeing Scar. Obviously, he doesn't know what it is and he's confused about it, but, him seeing him and then Rafiki going off to find out about it in the paintings could lead to a lot of great opportunities in the future. I really hope that they have a fight with all of them in the future. That would be really cool. There was also a funny line with Bunga as Fuli and Ono were fighting the jackals. And that was something else this episode has. There're a few funny moments here and I liked that. And even the song, while still not the best, is pretty cool. It's between the hyenas and jackals. Overall, I finished this episode pretty happy and couldn't wait to see what they're going to do with all this in the future. And so, everyone, that's my last review of these latest Lion Guard episodes. I hope you all liked them and please comment down below to tell me what you think. And also, expect my review of Coco to be uploaded tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment