Wednesday 10 January 2018

The Lion Guard: The Golden Zebra

So yesterday, I did a review of the latest episode of the Lion Guard, the Golden Zebra. Like the last episode, I didn't know what this would be about. Only that I couldn't wait to see it and see what they would do with it. I dunno, a lot of the time they show these cool titles for the episodes and it can get me thinking of different possibilities for the episode and it gets me excited to see it. And, while, again, this episode wasn't the best, I had a better time with this episode than I have in a while. And, yeah, like every other episode, if you want to see this episode with no spoilers, I'm going over all the spoilers. What's the story? When a bunch of animals are getting incredibly thirsty because it's still the dry season and the watering hole is dried up, the Guard hear about some other watering hole in another part of the Pride Lands called the Back Lands. When they get there, they meet a golden coloured female zebra who's the leader of a bunch of zebra whole lives there. When the Guard asks if the Pride Landers can use their watering hole too, she says they have to bring her something first. They manage to, but then she says they can't and reveals that their watering hole is dried up too. Well, sort of. It hasn't dried up. The leopards are using rocks to block the waterfall and keep the water for themselves. (I don't get that considering they could have just stayed with the water above the cliff. I guess they just wanted it and didn't want anyone else to have it, it's just kinda weird.) Anyway, the Guard manages to stop them and get rid of the rocks with the zebras of the Back Lands and the Pride Landers using their watering hole. That sorta helps explain what they're going to do in the future and they could do something like that in future. Anyway, yeah, sorta in line, plot wise, when it comes to how this episode feels similar to the other episodes. But, other than that, like I said in my last entry, I had a fairly good time with this one. I would say though, before I get into the good stuff, the only thing I didn't like here was the actually golden zebra's attitude towards the Guard because she lies to them thinking they won't be able to find the planet that she wants them to get her. She said she was kinda hoping they wouldn't find one. So that makes me think that that was kinda mean of her, especially when she must have known that the Pride Landers are in need of help. But, something I found funny was Bunga, Beshte and Ono's reaction to her when the five of them first meet her. That was pretty funny. And the actual leopard fight at the end was pretty cool with them getting the rocks. Especially given how that one leopard is a character that was already a villain in a previous episode. And the actual journey, like a lot of episodes in the show, is also fun to follow. I also liked those two main servant-like zebras of the Golden Zebra. They were pretty likeable, especially during the middle part. I also thought that, even though, again, the song isn't great, it was pretty clever to have it be what introduces the golden zebra. (Sorry I'm not saying her name. I forgot what it is.) But, I still enjoyed the idea. And, I think overall, I'm more positive on this episode than I have for some other ones that were released a little while back. It's not really anything special and it doesn't stack up to some of the previous episodes that I love, but still, if you're curious to see it, I would recommend it. And so, my next two entries will be more episode reviews because more are being released and I'm seeing them. So, expect to see more of those coming up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment