Friday 12 January 2018

The Lion Guard: The Little Guy

So next up on these newer Lion Guard episode releases is another one of the smaller scale ones and probably the weakest of the most recent ones. Not the worst, but still. And, again, as I always say for Lion Guard reviews, this will have spoilers, so, if you want to see it, do and then read this. What's the story? The Guard see Makuu's crocodiles fighting and try to stop them, but realise that they're just training for real combat. There, they meet a tiny gecko named Hodari who's always looked up to the crocs and wants to be a part of their float. When they say he can't, obviously, the evil geckos from the Outlands sees this and tells Kiburi and his gang, the crocs who were banished to the Outlands after they tried to kill Simba. When they do, they pretend to let Hodari so he'll tell them secrets about the Guard and crocs. When they go into the Pride Lands, Hodari has already told them about the other crocodile's weakness and they begin to fight, but, he realises what he did was wrong, of course. But when the Guard arrive, they manage to get them away from them. And, afterwards, as you'd expect, Makuu lets Hodari in because he helped. Okay, so, not a ton to say about this one, this episode just sorta follows the typical Lion Guard episode formula. I'm not necessarily saying that as a bad thing, it's just really noticeable if you've watched the show for as long as I have. But, still, the actual character of Hodari isn't really anything that special. He actually reminds me a lot of Mtoto. And, by that, I mean Mtoto was a huge fan to the Guard and wanted to do whatever it took to be a part of it in a way and that's kinda like what this is with him. And also the fact that Beshte is his favourite out of all of the members. Beshte himself gets more things to do here. He's sorta like the main Guard character here. And I liked that. Again, sorry I can't say a whole lot here, but, when I watch these kinda episodes and I have to do a review of them, it can be kinda hard to think of different things to say because I try my best to not recycle what I say. And, really, this episode doesn't really have a lot of stuff to really talk about. It's another enjoyable episode, but, yeah, it's a tiny bit generic. However, again, sorry this isn't long, but, this is all leading up to the next and the episode I was most excited for out of these recent Lion Guard episode, Divide and Conquer. As for this one though, if you're curious, watch it if you want. (Also, after my next review, expect something special to come out on this.)

No comments:

Post a Comment