Tuesday 9 January 2018

The Lion Guard: The Morning Report

So with the Lion Guard starting back up for 2018, it's about time, we get back to the episode reviews, and here, we're starting with The Morning Report. Two were released today, this one and The Golden Zebra. That episode will be my next entry. But, for now, we're doing The Morning Report. If you remember when I did my last episode list that was including this episode, I said this episode sounded like it would most likely be a Zazu centred episode, and, yeah, it is. And, is it good? Yeah, it's pretty good. Nothing special, again, but, I had a pretty enjoyable time with this. Especially one thing in particular. And, yes, like all my other episode reviews. I'll be talking about the whole episode, so, if you don't want it spoiled, go see the episode, then read this. What's the story? It starts off with the Guard helping an animal out of a tree. When Zazu sees this, he decides to add it to the morning report. Afterwards, Kion and Bunga explain a story of how Zazu once saved them from crocodiles. When we hear that, Zazu is then kidnapped by Janja, Cheezi and Chungu hoping to get information out of him. When they do, the Guard are talking to Simba who's wondering why he hasn't come and the Guard decide to go look for him. Zazu manages to get their attention and they manage to get him out of there. So, yeah, not that special a plot, but, these episodes, for the most part, don't really require much special writing. Now, what I was talking about a second ago with that one thing that I really liked the most here, and that's that flashback we see of Kion and Bunga as young kids. We even see Fuli as a young kids too. Watch.
Not just because it's kinda cute, but it's also fun to see something like this and shows more about some of their pasts. And I thought that was nice to know. But, besides that, the rest is enjoyable too, like, when we see Cheezi and Chungu being their usual stupid selves when Zazu is trying to mess with them and trick them. I also just really liked the whole thing with Simba and his concern for Zazu. Obviously he cares for him and he appreciates him, but, if you were to take Simba the way he was like to Zazu at the start of the first Lion King and see the way he thinks of him now, it's actually really touching. Also, quick thing here I just want to mention about it, I didn't really like the song all that much. The part that Zazu is in where he has to get the Guard's attention is with this song. And, the song, overall, for me anyway, was just kinda skipable. The songs in the show lately haven't been as good as the early episodes as I've said before. However, pushing the song aside, I think this is an easy to enjoy episode if you're curious to see it with some likeable scenes and good character moments. Sorry if these Lion Guard episode reviews kinda sound small and similar, but honestly, the more I talk about the same thing like this, the less and less I can think of different things to say considering I'm mostly saying the same thing. However, with the next episode, The Golden Zebra, expect a more positive attitude on it. For this though, yeah, if you want to and if you're curious, I'd say see it. It's not bad and there are some parts I found really enjoyable. See it if you're curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment