Saturday 15 March 2014

Antz

This movie was actually DreamWorks first movie ever. It also probably has one of the best backstories ever. If you know the Disney movie A bugs life, you'll know what I'm talking about. One of the people who worked in Disney left Disney after Toy story premiered and apparently Disney and Pixar were already starting on their next C.G.I movie about bugs. Well the guy who left left to start Dream Works and guess what!? He thinks he owned that great idea about C.G.I bugs. So it was a giant race to see who could get their family friendly bug movie out first. That's right. That summer only within weeks away from each other there were the movies Antz and A bug's life. It was very bizarre. So I'm going to compare these two movies together. Antz came out first. Then A bug's life came out later. Now I personally that A bug's life is the better story. I liked the characters more, with the visuals it was a bit interesting and while the idea for Antz was a bit more creative A bug's life was good too. But for now I'm going to review Antz. What the story? We have an ant named "Z." He's a tiny bit of an idiot. He lives in a colony of ants where it's easy to lose your identity. He has friends here and there but for the most part he finds it hard to fit in. That is until he comes across the queen's daughter. They begin to fall in love with each other but while uncovering an evil plan from the villain of this movie "General Mandible" Z and the princess get whisked away outside the colony. While they're gone Z decides to do what an ant told him before. Go to a place "Insecttopia." Which is nothing more than a rubbish bin. As the first Dream Works movie this one is pretty cool. The characters are fun and the world that they live in is pretty cool to look at. I'm going to get through the bad stuff first then I'll talk about the good stuff. One of the bad parts in it is the voices they've given these characters. The actors don't do a bad job. They do great. But the voices they put into the characters really doesn't fit for me. I mean a few do fit. But for Z and maybe Mandible they just don't fit. But I don't have any problems with the others. And the other problem I have with it is well there's bad words and some blood in this movie. And this movie is for U and G and that's isn't good. I mean I really don't think that that stuff is stuff parents want their kids to watch. Alright that's my bad stuff let's get to the good stuff and let me tell you. There's a lot. Besides from Z and Mandible the rest of the voice actors do a great job. And the voices really, really do fit the characters. While I just said that there's blood in this movie it comes from fight scenes and the action scenes are great fun and fun to watch. Near the end of the movie where the villain dies is confusing but cool. And do you want to know something that happens at the beginning when the baby ants are born they're immediately decided whether or not they're going to be a worker or a soldier and that's kind of funny. So yeah I did like this movie. Actually I only saw it recently and I understood it perfectly. It was actually really funny. I'd say my favourite character was probably Z or Mandible's assistant "Cutter" because he turns good and nice at the end. So yeah it was good. And that was Dream Works' first movie ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment