Thursday 20 March 2014

Bee movie

Ever since I was stun as a child I had this gigantic hatred for bees and wasps. If I ever saw one around I'd either try to kill it but probably just stay away from it. But when I saw Bee movie I began to think differently. My brother told me it was a terrible movie. So recently I watched it to see if what he said was true. And I have to say... it was amazing. I mean really amazing. What's the story? We have a bee named "Barry." He just graduated from bee school and now he and his class have to pick a job to do for the rest of their lives. Though that's Barry's problem. He doesn't like the idea that he's going to be assigned to one job for the rest of his life. So he decides to go out and see the world before he does. So what? This is going to be like Antz where he's trying to fight for free will? Actually no. He comes across a human woman and he decides to reveal to her that he can talk and they share a nice relationship together. So what? Everyone's going to say you can't date a human and that stuff? Actually no. When he finds out that honey is being used by humans he decide to sue the human race. And it turns into this gigantic trial. So what? He going to win the court case and everyone going to be happy and all that stuff? Actually no. The bees turns out gets too much honey, which means they don't have to work anymore, which means they don't pollenate anymore, which means all the plants of the world start to die. So it's up to Barry and the woman to try to get the world back to order. You know what!? Really big bravo to this movie. I honestly had no idea where it was going to go. And I love movie that do that. That are constantly making me guess. Though the one down side is everything I was talking about before like Barry being tied to his job. Never mentioned again. The anger of a bee dating a human. Never mentioned again. Heck, even the fact that she's married to another human and he's angry at her for being friends with a bee. You guessed it. Never mentioned again. So I guess in that since. It's somewhat lazy. They were getting to really good story arks that were going somewhere and just dropped it and went to something else. Though what makes it stand out is the fact that it has some very likable characters, animation and really, really funny scenes. Sure there are some really bad puns in this. But a lot of these joke really do hit bulls eyes, even ones I think wouldn't hit bulls eyes. Like this bee Larry King and I remember thinking "Oh god I can't believe I'm watching this, are they really doing this." But actually they do something funny with it. There's also other really funny scenes in this and it had me laughing on the floor. And not to mention that there's some fantastic ideas for this world they create. It's just so creative. And like I said in How to train your dragon there's just something about Dream works animation that's so good and they can really simulate motion well. Particularly like I said flying. Like I said in How to train your dragon the flying scenes can really do something to you. You feel like you're off the ground and you're traveling with these creatures. Even getting stuck to a car. You feel like on that car getting pushed against the windshield. I didn't expect to like Bee movie starting out. But really I was way wrong. And yeah, like I said there are some problems. But it was better than what I was expecting. So I would say to people who don't like try looking at it again. You might find there a lot more good things in it than you thought. So yeah I'd say check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment