Saturday 8 March 2014

Toy Story 2

With the first Toy story being a surprise monster hit, they were going to be making their next movie and while that one was a success too it wasn't as good as Toy story. So they decided to make a Toy story 2. While people loved the first one I'm pretty sure it was going to be hard to do a movie that was just as good. And what did I think of it!? I thought I was brilliant and it's one of my favourites but I didn't think it was as good as the first one. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love it. I just think it's the way it looks it a little odd. Also I think there's too much lighting. But do I love it? Yeah I do I just don't think it's as good as the first one. What's the story? Woody and Buzz are back again but this time Woody is in a bit of trouble. Andy has gone off to Cowboy Camp, a garage sale is going on and sadly one of the older toys named "Wheezy" is being sold off. Woody goes in to save him but gets stolen by a nasty toy store owner named "Al." In Al's apartment Woody comes across a cowgirl named "Jessie", a horse named "Bullseye" and a minor named the "Prospector." The race is on for the rest of Woody's friends to go out to and save him but it seems like Woody might have seconds thoughts about returning home, because he knows that eventually he has to face the inevitable. That Andy will grow-up and someday forget about him. He has another choice where he can be taken to a museum in Japan where he can be enjoyed by people forever. People would come from all over the world just to see that he exists. So why don't I think this one is better than the last one, especially when everyone else says it is better? Well I already told you one of the reasons but also I also would of liked a little more scenes to make us laugh. Also I think the scene where Woody shouts to Buzz and the others in Al's apartment is way too out of hand. I mean they travelled all the way to help him and yet in the end he shouts at them for it and I think that that's a little too mean. O.k now what do I like about it? Well, everything else. The characters are still their funny, creative, lovable and great selves. And for what we got it was funny, dramatic, intense and well written. While the Prospector and Al are the two villains of this it is pretty good. You actually relate a lot with this movie. You relate with dealing with the inevitable. What will happen in the end? What should you do? What's the better thing for yourself and for others. I'd say my favourite scene in this movie is the scene where Buzz, Rex, Slinky, Hamm and Potato Head are under the cones crossing the street. Watch this and you might know why.
Also Jessie has a backstory that's probably the most dramatic scene in the whole movie. Watch.
So do I love this movie? Absolutely. The characters are still fantastic. It's just great.

No comments:

Post a Comment