Saturday 8 March 2014

Toy Story

Toy story is the very first C.G.I animated film ever made. When this film came out every one went nuts, it was loved by everyone, and yeah it's obvious to see why. It's funny, colourful, memorable characters and memorable moments. What's the story? Woody the cowboy is a toy who belongs to a kid named Andy, Andy's favourite toy. But when Andy leaves his room all the toys come to life and start chatting with each other. And they're especially concerned because Andy's birthday party is today. And they're afraid the new toys might overshadow them, even to the point of having tem be given away. But Woody is there to calm them down because of course he's Andy's favourite... or at least was. A new toy named Buzz Lightyear has all the latest gizmos and technology. Woody eventually get jealous and tries to get Andy to notice him again. One day when Woody tries to get Buzz stuck behind a desk the plan goes too far and he accidentally knocks Buzz out of the house. Woody get into the same situation and the rest of the film is a race to get back home before Andy and his family move. The strength of this movie is the characters. These are just fantastic characters. Not to mention the brilliant setup. I mean Buzz nor Woody are the villains it all just a form of jealousy which leads to great comedy. Really that's what this film seems half to be, comedy. And also there's also Andy's doings. When I say that I mean he is playing with Buzz more and that's what started the feud between Woody and Buzz. But you can't blame him because well he's just being a regular kid playing with toys. There's also the villain Sid. I'd say he's an o.k villain. He blows up toys and torchers toys too. Another thing I think is pretty good is the C.G.I. With the C.G.I on the toys it's really impressive because the plastic texture actually work really well in C.G.I animation. There's also the spoon that Woody uses to look at himself with. That looked really there. However with C.G.I on the humans and Scud the dog yeah they look kinda awkward. Give them credit, I was the first C.G.I animated film ever made so it is forgivable. The film works unbelievably well. This movie has to be a classic. Filmmakers all over the world knew how great this film was and decided to do it themselves too. This one is nothing but a classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment