Wednesday 28 December 2016

My top 10 Disney bosses in Kingdom Hearts

(Before I start, I just want to say something that's completely unrelated to this. Remember when I did my top 10 favourite movies of this year and I put Suicide Squad at number 10, well, now I realise I was wrong to do that because I actually remembered the Jungle Book this year too and I shoulda put it there instead. I think the reason I didn't is because I forgot, and I think afterwards, the Jungle Book was just kinda unmemorable. But yeah, if I could redo it, I would put the Jungle Book at number 10. So let's start this off.) So, my last entry was my favourite bosses from the Kingdom Hearts series games and now here I'm doing my top 10 Disney boss fights in the whole series. From something I said in my last entry, I'm pretty sure you know what number is going to be, but I thought I should do the other nine as well. And so, let's begin.
10. Chernabog:
Image result for kingdom hearts vs chernabog
Starting us off is the villain from Fantasia at the End of the World. I think this really surprised people back when they first got it because it was so unexpected. I mean he was probably one of the most unpredictable characters to show up in the original Kingdom Hearts and he is also one of the hardest bosses as well. He is super strong, his abilities are unpredictable, you have to use wind on yourself the whole time, his powers are all powerful and when you finally beat him, it is so rewarding. I remember not being able to beat him on the original game but when 1.5 came out and I beat him, I was so happy. Especially given the level you have to be on, which is really high. You also have to have the right Keyblade and abilities and stock. But when you do beat him, you will be so happy to see him gone.
9. Jafar:
Image result for kingdom hearts vs jafar
I actually think my favourite version of the fight with Jafar is in Kingdom Hearts 2 when he's a genie and you actually have to fight him face on. I think I heard a lot of people saying that they didn't like this fight and that it was kinda weak and kinda underwhelming, but I had a blast with this boss and it was a lot of fun to hit him in multiple places and then you had to hit his head to finish him off. And it was a great way to keep hearing the Disney boss theme, the Encounter. Since Kingdom Hearts 2 and after, we got an amazing theme for the Disney bosses. Listen.
And hearing that while fighting all the Disney bosses, especially in Kingdom Hearts 2 is really awesome and really fun.
8. Scar:
Image result for kingdom hearts vs scar
This fight was awesome. Right after you beat the Hyenas inside Pride Rock, you have to go to the top of it and fight Scar with Simba and it is insane. He has all sorts of Darkness power and you have to beat him hard. It's especially fun when you can team up with Simba to do a Limit attack and you can just rail on him. And the end is cool as well when you finally do beat.
7. Maleficent:
Image result for kingdom hearts vs maleficent
This is one of the most intense fights in the whole series. You have to fight Maleficent seven times in the entire series. The first is when she's normal in Hollow Bastian in that huge hall and when you beat her there, you have to fight her as a dragon in that huge round room. After that you have to fight her twice in Chain of Memories in dragon form as Sora and Riku. After that you have to fight her twice again as in normal and dragon form as Ven and Aqua and the last one is in Re:Coded and you fight her in dragon form again. And all the times is so fun and annoying too. It's kinda hard to explain. It's just because she's really strong you die over and over until you finally beat her. Especially in the original Kingdom Hearts.
6. Shan-Yu:
Image result for kingdom hearts vs shan yu
This is a boss that has one of my favourite things to do in boss fights and that is that he's in your weight class so it feels so much more satisfying when you're just hitting him over and over. It is awesome. And you can also attack his bird as well because it's attacking you too. And especially if you have a lot of strength, it's a lot of fun to just keep hitting this guy. He's also just a dark, evil and really cool villain, especially seeing how he doesn't say much.
5. Oogie Boogie:

This was probably my favourite fight in all of Kingdom Hearts 2 up to this point when I first played it. I also have a bad memory of him being really hard to beat in Kingdom Hearts 1 because I didn't know how to beat him. But thankfully I figured it out. In Kingdom Hearts 1 you have to get the dice and make the railing around him to go down and the platform you're standing on to rise and then you're able to hit him as much as you can. Thankfully the fight against him in Kingdom Hearts 2 is a lot better where he's sending these crates towards you but you can knock them up to destroy the platform he's standing on and that's when you can keep hitting him until he's completely beaten.
4. Captain Hook:
Image result for kingdom hearts vs captain hook
One of the most comedic boss fights in the series, Captain Hook is already a super funny villain and he's really humorous in this fight too. And it's great how he summons Heartless to help him in the original game because it helps with level ups during the battle. I think the original fight is my favourite. The other time you have to fight him is in Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep as Ven. And that was good too but I personally prefer the original fight the most. With his hilarious dialogue and great fighting, Captain Hook is at number 4.
3. Barbossa:
Image result for kingdom hearts vs barbossa
One of the more underrated bosses I think, Barbossa is a boss fight I really had a great time fighting. You can only attack him when he's in the moonlight and he has Heartless with him that can darken the whole place. And when you are able to beat it's fun how you can use your Keyblade in different ways. Especially in the reaction command attacks when you team up with Jack to attack him and that is so awesome.
2. Rinzler:
Image result for kingdom hearts dream drop distance vs rinzler
I already explained this fight yesterday but I still stand by the fact that this is probably one of the most touching fights in the entire series given how Sora doesn't want to fight one of his own friends but he realises that he has to and the fight itself is very difficult at first but is really fun overall. Read the post from yesterday to know my full thoughts.
Honourable mentions:
Lucifer,
Pete,
Hades,
Clayton
Dishonourable mention:
Ursula
And my number 1 favourite Disney boss in Kingdom Hearts is... the M.C.P and Sark:
Image result for kingdom hearts 2 vs mcp and sark
Same with the last one, I talked about this fight yesterday when I did my favourite bosses from the Kingdom Hearts series games and again if you want to know my thoughts on it, just read it there. Overall, it's a fantastic fight and having to listen to the Encounter while doing it is amazing and so incredible. And yeah, those are my top 10 Disney bosses in Kingdom Hearts. Thank you all for reading and please comment to tell me what your favourite is if you like Kingdom Hearts like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment