Friday 2 December 2016

My top 10 most anticipated movies of 2017

So with December finally here, I decided to count down my top 10 most anticipated movies of next year. Note, I'm am counting comic book movies and movies in general. This can really mean anything. I hope you like this and when you're done, please comment telling me what your most anticipated is. So let's start.
10. Cars 3: Starting us off is Pixar's newest sequel next year. John Lasseter is back directing and he's still my favourite Pixar director. Sure he directed Cars 2 but I still have faith in him. And that teaser that came out last week has gotten me more excited and interested. This looks really dark. Just the few seconds we saw, this is probably going to be rally dark. Maybe not as dark as the ending in Toy Story 3, but still. And overall I hope this'll be good.
9. Wonder Woman: While the trailers do look  really cool, you all know why this is low on the list. Because of the DC.E.U and the fact that they haven't made any great movie so far. But putting that aside, the fact that Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman will be getting a solo movie is pretty exciting. She was one of the best parts in Batman V Superman and so seeing more of her is also really exciting. Although, I will say, this might be one of my least excited out of all the DC.E.U movies. I can't explain why, I feel like it is. And this will also have Danny Huston probably as the villain. If you remember, Danny also play Stryker in X-Men Origins: Wolverine and hopefully he'll be good here because I don't think he did a good job in that movie. Then again no one really did there. But I'm hoping that this movie will be good.
8. Justice League: If you were to actually think a few years ago that a fully formed Justice League movie was only going to be at a low point on a lot of people's most anticipated lists of the next year, you'd probably go crazy. But like I just said, the DC.E.U hasn't made a great movie yet. However, with that out of the way, I do think this will be better than the three movies we've gotten so far. The trailer for this looks really good. It's looks well edited and it looks funnier than the last ones. And we'll also be getting Superman back after he died in the Doomsday fight. Overall, I'm really, really, really, really hoping this is a great comic book movie.
7. Star Wars Episode VIII: This is topping everyone's top lists for next year and while I'm not as excited for it as everyone else, I can't lie about the fact that this going to be absolutely incredible. The Force Awakens was a movie I can't describe exactly. It was amazing. Not only did it revitalise the franchise but also satisfied everyone, became the highest grossing movie in London and Ireland and had a huge impact on everyone's entertainment last year. And Episode VIII is shaping up to be fantastic. And this is something was thinking for a while. I have a feeling that this is going to be like the original Star Wars trilogy and the reverse of what the prequels were. Because, really think about this. I think the prequels are the reverse of the original trilogy. Episode IV was a movie that was not that hyped up when it came out but it blew everyone away and when Episode I was coming out, it was being super hyped up but it disappointed everyone. And Episode V and Episode II are the same too. Episode V is considered the best and episode II is considered the worst. And Episode VI is considered the least of the original trilogy and Episode III is considered the best of the prequels. And Episode VII was like Episode VII was like Episode IV and so maybe Episode VIII will be considered the best like Episode V and maybe episode IX will be the least of this new trilogy. I know I'm getting off subject, I just wanted to say that. And Episode VIII is shaping up to be amazing like the last one.
6. Logan: When that trailer for Logan came out a couple of months ago, it got me a lot more excited for this. I think it's going to be cool to see this next year. It's Hugh Jackman's last Wolverine performance, it's R rated, we're going to be seeing X-23 and maybe Daken and this is going to be a completely different comic book movie than we're used to seeing. I'm hoping this will be great.
5. The next Disney Classic: If you know me, then you know I am a ginormous Disney fan and one of best people to know about it. And this year Disney did it again with making an amazing movie with Classic number 54, Zootropolis and I'm going to be seeing Moana soon and I'll be doing a review on that and that's Classic number 55, so I of course can't wait for this and I know it'll be fantastic whatever it is.
4. Thor: Ragnarok: I wasn't overly pumped for this when it was announced, but as we've been getting more info on this, I can't wait for this. We'll be seeing Loki back after four years, Thor will be going up against Ragnarok, we'll be seeing the Planet Hulk storyline, Doctor Strange is probably going to be in this because of the end credit scene of Doctor Strange this year. Also the photos are looking really cool and from the info we do have so far, I think that this will be a really fun movie. Especially seeing how it's another Thor movie and another M.C.U movie.
3. Coco: This is supposed to be Pixar's next movie. While I absolutely adore Disney and I can't explain it enough, Pixar is still my favourite film studio and seeing how they still have what it takes to make fantastic original movie given what we saw last year with Inside Out, this is going to be fantastic. I think this is said to be sorta like a day of the dead movie and from the small stuff we've seen so far, I'm of course really excited.
2. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yeah, from this part, you should know what my number 1 is. But putting that aside, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is shaping up to be amazing. The first one was already amazing and so having the cast return and the same director is fantastic. They all did great work in the first film and from that teaser in October, this is shaping up to live up to it. That teaser was perfect. It showed some funny scenes, cool visuals and great banter, which is exactly how it shoulda been done. And from the rest of the info we got along with that, this is going to be awesome. Kurt Russell will be playing Star-Lord's father and there's supposed to be an awesome fight between the Guardians and that octopus thing we saw a concept art of and overall, this is going to be phenomenal, I just know it.
And my most anticipated movie of 2017 is... Spider-Man: Homecoming: Was there any doubt? While I'm super hyped for all those other movies, nothing can beat my anticipation for a solo movie of my favourite superhero ever, Spider-Man. Tom Holland as Spider-Man was one of the best parts of Civil War and from what we know about this movie so far, this is shaping up to be absolutely astounding. It's going to be centred around him, Robert Downey Jr. is returning for a big part as Iron Man, Michael Keaton will be playing Vulture, the villain and Bokeem Woodbine will be playing Shocker. This is also starring Angourie Rice as Betty Brandt, Tony Revolori as Flash Thomson, Zendaya as Michelle and much more. Though, something I want to bring up is that some people aren't that excited for this because of the Amazing Spider-Man movies. What I don't get is why that is because those movies were made by Sony and this is made by Marvel. So of course it'll be good. I honestly cannot express my excited for this enough. But yeah, Spider-Man: Homecoming is my most anticipated movie for next year. Thank you all for reading and like I said, please comment down below to tell me what your most anticipated is.

No comments:

Post a Comment