Saturday 3 December 2016

The Lion Guard: The Lost Gorillas

And now we've gotten to the most recent Lion Guard episode. The Lion Guard: The Lost Gorillas. I'll be honest, the stuff for this, for me, looked cool but didn't have me as hyped for it as some of the other new episodes. But as the release of the episode got closer, I got a lot more excited. So let's get started. And, like the other episodes I've reviewed, I'll be talking about the whole story with spoilers, so, if you haven't seen the episode yet and you want to see it, go watch it and then read this, or if you don't care about spoilers, then keep reading. So, so far the new Lion Guard episodes have been really incredible to me and the last episode, Lions of the Outlands, was absolutely amazing. I love that episode and I've talked about it so much. I thought it was fantastic and a great way to spend time. And so is this episode better than that and my favourite episode? No, it has some problems, but it's still another really good episode. What's the story? So these two gorillas named Majinuni and Hafifu have come to the Pride Lands looking for Simba to give him a message from their dad who's also a king and they're from the snowy mountains. But they forgot the message so the Lion Guard offer to take them home to get the message again. But the gorillas are really silly and always mess. And they constantly get on the Lion Guard's nerves. And that's a problem I have, but I'll get to that in a second. So on the way they explain that they want their dad to treat them like princes because they are. And they even get to mountain point and we get a pretty nice song in it. Listen.
Anyway, Kion eventually gets in trouble as he's slipping down the mountain and he's about to go over the cliff but then Majinuni  and Hafifu save him and that's what inspires them. Anyway, they make it to their dad and they explain it all. And I'll stop there. I think the ending is what you should experience for yourself. And that's the story. So first off, I'm just gonna go over that one problem I said I had with this. And honestly, the only problem is that I feel the gorillas themselves are kinda annoying at points and they mess way too much. I don't know, those scenes where they do mess I thought were a bit of a waste of time and annoyed me. But after the scene with the Kion gave them the speech of acting like princes, that's when I entertained the whole way through. And the cast is still fantastic. I'm never not going to like Max Charles as Kion. Same with the other Guard members and cast. And the actors they got for Majinuni and Hafifu are pretty good too. Even during the scenes where they're a little annoying, the acting is still really good. What really blew me away in this episode was the animation and visuals. This is a very cool episode to look at. Especially with the whole snowy scenes. That was amazing to me. Also, as far as storytelling goes, it doesn't do it as well as Lions of the Outlands, but still the story moves along pretty good. And the scene with the gorillas and Simba and just any scenes with Simba are pretty funny. And I also liked the ending when the gorillas save Kion and I like the ending with their dad. I think that's a nice way to end it. I honestly don't know what else to say about this. It's a good episode. It's not one of the best but it's not the worst either. Overall, I think if you like the show, then check it out. I can't wait the rest of new episodes and then the start of Season 2 next year. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment