Wednesday 21 December 2016

My top 5 Marvel graphic novels

So last month I made lists of my favourite Spider-Man, Batman and X-Men comics and now I'm going to do a list of Marvel graphic novels. And these will be Marvel graphic novels that have a continuing storyline with a beginning, middle and end that were just that fantastic. And these are graphic novels I either own and read or read some other way. Let's begin.
5. Old Man Logan:

One of the most famous Marvel stories ever told, Old Man Logan follows a much older Wolverine in a world where supervillains rule the world and most of the superheroes have been killed. The rest are in hiding like Wolverine and Hawkeye, who he teams up with. Trying to hide his claws after accidently killing the X-Men many years ago, Wolverine takes a job but finds out his family has family has been killed and goes to kill many people like Red Skull and Hulk. I originally didn't really like this one but after reading it again, I've enjoyed it a whole lot more. And this is going to be a big inspiration for next year's Logan.
4. Marvels:

This graphic novel is one that actually retells the tales of other Marvel stories. It centres around a photographer who is taking pictures of these events. And this is, in my opinion, one of the more interesting Marvel graphic novels. Especially given how it's showing the events of many years of Marvel all being absorbed by one guy. And the art in this is absolutely, and pun intended, marvellous. (Get it?)
3. Uncanny X-Force: Final Execution Book Z:

I already talked about this in my top 5 X-Men comics so if you want to know my full thoughts, just read that if you haven't already. Overall, I think this is one of the most entertaining Marvel graphic novels and one of the biggest ones I love to read a lot.
2. Infinity:
Image result for infinity graphic novel
What is most likely going to be the main inspiration for the Avengers: Infinity War movie in 2018, this graphic novels shows the Avengers against Thanos. Thanos is mainly attacking Earth while the Avengers are in space uniting the universe against the Builders. And it also shows them trying to figure out how to stop Thanos too.
And my number 1 favourite Marvel graphic novel is... Civil War:
Image result for civil war graphic novel
The inspiration for the third Captain America movie this year, this graphic novel sees the Avengers divided as government officials want to reign in the Avengers. One team, led by Iron Man, supports it. While the other, led by Captain America, apposes it. This is what divides out heroes and we get to see fists clash as the arguments are all over saying what they should do and to say who's wrong. Civil War was also one of graphic novels that really captivated readers and had them split as well. It even had a major character die at the end. And those are my top 5 Marvel graphic novels. Thank you all for reading and pleased comment own below to tell me what your favourite is.

No comments:

Post a Comment