Thursday 23 March 2017

My top 5 Disney composers

So in this entry, I'm going to be counting down my top 5 favourite Disney composers and songwriters. And these will be going across all of Disney and so expect to see mostly the animated movie composers on this. Also, this is Disney only. So, even though I love Yoko Shimomura from Kingdom Hearts, she won't be on this. And yeah, without any delay, let's begin and I hope you like this.
5. Kristen Anderson-Lopez & Robert Lopez: First off at number 5 is the two people who did the songs from the 2011 Winnie the Pooh movie (which isn't a Classic, but whatever,) and Frozen. And from me mentioning Frozen, you can guess very well why I put them here. These are the songwriters who did the songs from the movie and for even over a year after the movie came out, people were still practically singing them nonstop and it's easy to see why. The songs in Frozen are so amazing and you really want to sing them over and over and over after hearing them. And a lot of that has to do with the great imagination of these two writing them.
4. Randy Newman: Next up Randy Newman. I've mentioned Randy before on a few other entries I've done and I'm doing it again here. He did the songs and music for a few Pixar movies including the Toy Story movies, some others and the Princess and the Frog, which I already said before, has some other amazing Disney music that I love. And, and I can't believe I'm about to say this, but while I don't entirely like it as much as I did back then, I still love it. I mean I've always loved them, but I liked them more back them but now I think it's just that I like others more. That being said, I still love them and I hope Randy does more Disney movies in the future.
3. Beau Black: At number 3 is the composer and song writer for the Lion Guard. I was kinda tossing around the possibility of either putting Beau Black at number 3 or Elton John who did the songs for the original Lion King or Nick Glennie-Smith who did the ones for the Lion King 2. But I decided to go with Beau Black because I think his songs for the show are really the ones I like the most and find myself singing more. And really, I think it's more because I've listened to a lot of them a lot and, while I don't love all of them, I do the majority and I think he's fantastic at these and I can't wait to see what he does next.
2. Lin-Manuel Miranda: Now at number 2 is the most recent Disney Classics composer, Lin-Manuel Miranda. As in the composer for Moana. As you all know, Moana was my third favourite movie of last year and a lot of that has to do with the amazing songs and music. I think last year's Moana is the best Disney musical in a long time. Better than Frozen, the Princess and the Frog and a lot more. As I said before, I have all the songs on my iPod and I listen to them a lot. And while I do think that the music here is fantastic, the reason he's at number 2 is because my number 1 is more well-known and famous. But still, he's fantastic and I hope he does more.
And my number 1 favourite Disney composer is... Alan Menken: And at number 1 is maybe the most famous and well known Disney Classics composer ever, Alan Menken. Anyone who's a fan of Disney Classics like me of course know who this guy is. I mean, Alan Menken did the songs and music for so many of them like the Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, the Hunchback of Notre Dame and Hercules. So basically most of the movies from the original Disney Renaissance. And he is amazing. The fact that he's been able to do so many of these in a row is really incredible. Pretty much every YouTuber who I've seen review those movies all say that he's great too. And, if you're a big Disney fan, especially those movies in particular, then you should know what I'm talking about. And everyone, those are my top 5 Disney composers. Thanks you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me your favourite. (Also, kinda unrelated thing, but the next Justice League movie trailer will be released this Saturday.)

No comments:

Post a Comment