Saturday 14 October 2017

Dragons: Defenders of Berk

So my last entry was my review of the show, Dragons: Riders of Berk. And this is the sequel series that's pretty much the same thing, but they have different titles and seasons, so I decided to give them both separate entries. And, also, just something before we get started, this is something I meant to say in my last entry, but, whatever, but, these two shows were both on Cartoon Network, so when I made my top 10 Cartoon Network shows a few months ago, I woulda put these on it but I forgot when I did do it. Just something I thought I should say. Anyway, yeah, now we're onto Defenders of Berk. Remember when I said that the last series was more of a fun series where Hiccup and the others went on fun adventures? Well, while that is kinda the same here, it's a lot more serious here. And by that, I mean there's a lot more at stake. Alvin is a lot more menacing here and we get introduced to a lot more new dragons. The action is also cooler. It's pretty much the same as the last series, but there's more of it here and I feel there's a lot more intensity to it. Mildew is also more despicable here. I mean, he does some really horrible things here. He did in the last one, but the stuff he does here is even worse. It's revealed that he actually works for Alvin because he hates dragons so much and wants them all dead. That was entertaining and a lot of the returning characters that were introduced from the last series are back here and just as good as they were before. I think what I like about this the most is that, while I said there's more dragons and all that, the action scenes in this are just as creative as the dragons themselves. I really like that and I really like a lot of more filler episodes like the Viking tournament episode where it's really funny because Hiccup is being all cocky from finally being able to beat Snotlout at something. That whole part is really funny and it's fun to see Snotlout react the way he does. Eventually Hiccup realises the right thing to do and he does do the right thing, but still, that whole part where he's having fun from making fun of Snotlout is pretty funny. And there're also some pretty interesting points too like how we learn even more about the dragons and what they can do and all sorts of things like that. It's all really interesting and creative. As I said a second ago, the action is a lot better and I love how they incorporate the new dragons into the action. In my opinion, the best new dragon is the Screaming Death. This huge white dragon.

It's really cool and I love a lot of the comedy again. Like the last series, the characters make great comments to things that actually sorta remind me of Spider-Man and his quips. And the ending is great too. Alvin gets redeemed and becomes a good guy and they're able to make peace with the Outcasts. That was great. Also, something that never ceases to amaze me with this franchise that I forgot to mention before is the voice cast. Jay Baruchel as Hiccup, I've been thinking lately, is one of best voice performances ever. He's brilliant as this character. And even the voice cast who replaced the cast from the movies are also amazing. Not all the cast is replaced, but the ones who are do fantastically. All that's really great and, honestly, pretty much everything from the last entry is the same. Great animation, good voice work, good writing and a fun time for the whole series. Thankfully the next series is even better in my opinion. And so that's my review of Dragons: Defenders of Berk. Thank you all for reading, please comment down below to tell me what you think and please stay tuned for my next entry, Dragons: Race to the Edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment