Wednesday 25 October 2017

My top 5 anime villains

So a few months ago, I made a list of my top 5 favourite anime protagonists and that seemed to be pretty successful, so I thought that for this entry, I'd do the opposite and count down my favourite anime villains. Anime protagonists are great, but the villains are just as good. A lot of them are really complex, entertaining, interesting and designed really cool. And so, let's begin and I hope you all enjoy this.
5. Light:

Starting us off is main antagonist and, surprisingly, also main character of Death Note, Light Yagami. Like I said in my review of this in May, Light sorta starts off as a normal genius high school student who all of a sudden gets the Death Note when it falls from the sky, or, really, when Ryuk drops it. And from that moment onward, he just sorta goes from that into a crazy evil guy who's trying to prove himself a god. And he's a really well written character and, from what I've learned on YouTube, a character quite a few people wanted to see win. I guess maybe because he's the main character, or something. But even still, it's pretty interesting that the main characters of this one turned out to be the main villain and Light is a really entertaining one.
4. Vicious:

As I said in my review of Cowboy Bebop, while I wasn't the biggest fan of it, one the best parts I found with it was its main villain. He's really cool and, while he doesn't appear in the show often, when he is there, he's awesome highly intimidating. And it was cool to see that he and Spike had some history together and whenever we see the two of them fighting, it's great. Some of the show's best moments. Really, I can say is that I like him 'cause he seems like a cool character.
3. Father:

At number 3 is the main antagonist and god-like entity in Fullmetal Alchemist. Originally just a small black spec in a flask, Father managed to convince Hohenheim to let him out. Once he did, he used a human transmutation circle to absorb the people of the city and get the body of Hohenheim. Afterwards, he created the Homunculus and made his plan to absorb God and have whatever power he wanted. A very cool and powerful villain, this guy is no mess around. Especially when we see him actually do it.

And then he becomes even stronger by doing whatever he wants without having to move. And he's, overall just really cool.
2. Frieza:

Coming close to number 1 is the best Dragon Ball villain yet in my opinion and one of the most enjoyable anime villains ever, Frieza. This guy really doesn't have much to him in terms of motivation or anything like that, but the character himself is so cool and so much fun to watch, you sorta ignore that. When being with the Sayians for a long time and having them do his bidding for years, Frieza blew up the planet Vegeta to make sure none of them rose up to oppose him. Thanks to the movie Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F, we got to see another awesome showdown between him and Goku and an even better portrayal and now, with Dragon Ball Super out and me following it, we might actually see him turn into a good guy, which I think would be cool to see. But for now, we have the awesome villain we all know and love.
And my number 1 favourite anime villain is... Nagato:

And finally at number 1 is, not only my favourite Naruto villain, but also, my favourite anime villain ever, Nagato. He may not even really be a villain because he is a good guy now, although he was the villain during the Leaf's Pain story arc in Naruto Shippuden, so I'm putting him here because of that. Out of every anime villain I've ever seen, I consider Nagato to be the most complex and sympathetic. His backstory is really tragic and it's one you can really empathise with it. If you've seen it, than you know what I mean. And it is one you can really understand. Sure, there are other Naruto villains that you understand and have backstories and motivations, but, for me personally, Nagato is just the one I sympathise with the most and understand the most. If you haven't yet, go watch it to know what I'm talking about. And all that is why Nagato is my favourite anime villain. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think, and, if you like anime, please comment to tell me your favourite anime villain.

No comments:

Post a Comment