Friday 27 October 2017

The Lion Guard: The Ukumbusho Tradition

So after a little break from Lion Guard entries for a while, today we got a brand new episode, The Ukumbusho Tradition. I actually saw that the trailer for this the day before I did my new Daniel Danger entry, but, yeah, I wanted my Daniel Danger story to be the next entry when I did and when it was time to do it, it got a little too late. So I watched it a little while ago hoping it would be pretty good. And, yeah, it was pretty good. Nothing amazing like Lions of the Outlands or Never Judge A Hyena By Its Spots, but, I still found it pretty entertaining. Also, one of the more interesting ones. I mean, it is like the Kupatana Celebration episode. But something I found kinda interesting was something that doesn't happen at all here. I'll get into that in the story and also, like the other episodes I've reviewed, this will have spoilers. So, if you don't want anything spoiled, go watch the episode then come back and read this. What's the story? So the lions and elephants of the Pride Lands are celebrating the Ukumbusho Tradition which is supposed to celebrate when older lions and elephants sorta created the Pride Lands, in a way. And so, Makini is in charge of decorating everyone for it. But, while painting the Lion Guard to all look like lions, she runs out of yellow paint, so she has to make more. But, unable to find yellow coloured fruit to make more, she ends up using some flowers she finds and manages to finish it all. And so the celebration starts but then some bees arrive scaring the elephants and causing them to go on a rampage. When the Guard tries to figure out what's going on, they realise that it's because of the flowers Makini used. Their pollen is attracting them. So they stop the elephants by getting rid of it all and continuing the celebration. And that's the plot. And that whole point there is what I meant by this being a different type of episode. This doesn't have a villain in it, just a big accident. Now, whether or not that accident is really big, I wouldn't know. But still even before the whole accident part, which had a few moments where it was sorta taking me a little bit out of it, the stuff before that, I thought was pretty entertaining. I especially loved the scene where Timon and Pumbaa were trying to teach the Guard how to be lions. Which is really funny, they say they know the best ways to train animals how to be lions considering they raised Simba... sorta. I really love Kion's reaction to it seeing how, yeah, he already is one. But, for me, the best part of the episode is the song. This is one of the catchiest songs in the whole show. It's called "Peace in the Pride Lands," and it is catchy. Listen.
I downloaded it onto my iPod as soon as I finished. Really good singing in that entire scene. And, yeah, everything outside of the rampage scene is pretty fun. The rampage scene itself is pretty good, but, I found something out while watching it. A lot of animals in the Pride Lands outside of the main characters that we know, are kinda dumb. We already saw some dumb characters before this like that zebra, but, there're other dumb characters here and it can get kinda annoying. And even the ending is kind of a let down with a whole cliff scene. But, beyond that, this is another pretty good episode. Not phenomenal, but it's not the worst either. As I might have said before, the one episode that I think is kinda bad in this show is Ono the Tickbird, just because it was really annoying. But still, this episode's just fine. I can't wait for the next episode which will be out on the 4th of November. I think that's what the Facebook page said. But yeah, if you're curious to watch this, go ahead. I think it's pretty fun, especially if you just want to listen to the song. And so, thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment