Sunday 15 October 2017

Dragons: Race to the Edge: Seasons 1-5

So now we're at the last Dragons show review. Unlike the ones from before which were actually shown on TV, this is actually a Netflix original show like the M.C.U shows. This one is actually set years later but before the second Dragons movie. Also, this is going to be a review of Season 1 all the way to 5 because I wanted to have it be done that way and also, they're the seasons that have been released so far. And, like the last two this will have spoilers, so, if you don't want it spoiled 'cause you want to see it yourself, go see this than come back and read this. So this show started back in 2015 and, like I said, is set a few years after the last series and a little before the second movie and now Hiccup and the other riders are now on an island they found that they call "Dragon's Edge." Only him, Astrid, Fishlegs, Snotlout, Ruffnut and Tuffnut are staying there with their dragons and they built buildings there and now they're trying to discover new dragons while also protecting them and keeping them safe on the Edge.

But, that's not all, there's a new villain who's trying to kill them and dragons named Viggo Grimborn.

He leads a group called the Dragon Hunters and they vow to kill all dragons and anyone who gets in their way. But, this time, it's not going to be easy for Hiccup and the others to beat him because, unlike everyone else they've ever fought, Viggo is really smart and is a strategist. Hiccup and the others have also found an object that they call the Dragon Eye that has information about every dragon ever with them slide things they can put inside it.

And so now they have to stop Viggo while finding more dragons all around the place. I only started watching this a few months ago with my brother and as I was watching it, I actually found it to be really interesting. Not just the different dragons they were discovering, but also how they were discussing about it and all that. And I love the action here even more. Again, it's sorta like before except, here, they introduce bigger dragons so the action scenes seem even bigger. And even moving away from the action and all that, even though it's great, but the characters, I think, are even better here than before. The main five are, of course, great, but, again, the rest are great to. Heather and Dagur are back and I like them eve more here. Dagur actually becomes a good guy here after Hiccup saves him and then it's revealed that him and Heather are actually siblings. That actually really surprised me and made room for more development for both characters because Heather thinks Dagur killed their dad because he told everyone he did, but he actually didn't because he was just trying to sound tougher. And when that's revealed, first off, it's a really nice, but also, it gives something to Dagur and it gives him something more than just him becoming a good guy, which I also love. I love that he does become a good guy. And speaking of good and bad guys, I really like Viggo too. He just might be the best villain in this franchise in my opinion. He's smart, cunning, knows his enemies and really threatening. And I especially found the ending to Season 5 really surprising. Someone who I didn't mention before in my last two entries is a guy named Trader Johann.

He was in the last two shows and, there, he's really likeable and they brought him back here. And then it's revealed that he's actually a bad guy who wants to kill all the dragons too. That really surprised me and I was pretty sad because he was likeable in the last series but it's revealed he's actually a villain too. I also really liked a lot of the allies they introduced in this too like Mala and all the people on the Wing. They were pretty cool and really likeable after they stopped trying to kill them. And, last quick thing that I liked here, I liked how they made that connection with How To Train Your Dragon 2 by Stoick flashing back to Drago Bludvist who's the villain of that movie, which was really cool, and I liked the others like Hiccup making his fire sword and those wings he uses in the sequel too. So, overall, this is another great Dragons show and I cannot wait for Season 6 to be released next year. When it does and once I'm done watching it all, I'll review that too. And those are my thoughts on Dragons: Race to the Edge: Season 1-5. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment