Thursday 18 May 2017

Bleach Anime Review

Almost near the end of my anime reviews is actually the second real anime I started watching years ago. As I said before, Naruto was what inspired me to watch other anime and this is the first anime I started watching after Naruto. This is another anime I've sorta been watching for a long time and I have a lot of memories with it. Which is kinda ironic me saying that because one of this show's movies is literally called "Memories of Nobody." The show also finished 5 years ago but the manga, written by Tite Kubo, finished last year. Don't ask. Anyway, the basic plot of this show is that it revolves around a teenager named Ichigo Kurosaki who has the ability to see souls of people who have died. He lives with his dad and two sisters. His mother died when he was just a boy and he's not 100% sure how. But then these big creatures named Hollows start appearing around his town and then he meets a girl named Rukia who says that she's a Soul Reaper which defeats Hollows with these swords they have called Zanpakutos and they can also use them to send spirits to the Soul Society where all souls can be at peace. But one night when a Hollow attacks Ichigo's family and Rukia has been injured, she then gives some of her powers to him. Or at least she meant to give some of her powers to him but he ends up taking almost all of it. And so after he defeats the Hollow, she gives him her job as a Soul Reaper and from there, a ton of things happen, and I do mean a ton. The voice cast here for starters is fantastic all around. Ichigo himself is voiced by the amazingly, incredibly talented Johnny Yong Bosch who's actually the most famous English Dub voice actor ever for this role and a lot of others he done like in Code Geass, Trigun, Gurren Lagann and a lot others. And the rest of the cast and characters are great too. Michelle Ruff as Rukia, Stephanie Sheh as Orihime, Wally Wingert as Renji, Steve Staley as Toshiro and all the rest. All of them are really great and when I was first watching this show I found it strange how I recognised some of the voices because I knew some of them had to also be Naruto and I was right Stephanie Sheh also plays Hinata and Steve Staley also plays Neji. And hearing them back then when I was just getting into anime was really amazing to me. The animation in this is also great. Again, not as good as something like Naruto or Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, but still really impressive and great to look at. And what's a great TV show without a great story. The story in Bleach is one of the most engrossing and investing anime stories ever... for the most part, but I'll get to that in a second. But yeah, the story here is really interesting in a lot of parts and these characters are what carry that. Ichigo is my favourite even though everyone says that the best character in the whole show is Rukia, and I also really like Renji too. But yeah, Ichigo himself is my favourite. I even went back to my top 5 anime protagonists and I put him as an honourable mention. I would say my favourite storyline in the show is either the last one or the Zanpakuto Unknown Tales arc which was right before that. They were both really intriguing and I really got into them. And those were kinda more recent episodes to me. Not that they were made recently because, as I said, the show finished a few years ago, but I only finished watching the whole show online a little while back. Both of the storylines there really interested me and had me wanting to watch more. And I liked the final fight between Ichigo and the main villain at the end named Sōsuke Aizen. The action is also incredible on that note. The hand drawn sword fights are so well choreographed and animated and when you watch the show, you really love it. Even though this is not a kid-friendly small fun sword fighting show. This was the first adult anime I ever watched and I do mean adult. There's blood everywhere in this show. This is a really blood show and a lot of curses too. And I also liked the ending to this show too. Ichigo and Orihime get married and have a son and Rukia and Renji have a daughter. I really like those kinda happy endings in anime. Or really anything. Plus, kinda unnessacary thing to talk about, but I feel Orihime and Hinata are similar. Not just because they're both voiced by the same actress, but also because they're shy and they both have a crush on the main character and they both get married to them in the end. The movies to this show as well I really like. I would say my favourite is the second one, Diamond Dust Rebellion. But I like the others too like Memories of Nobody, Fade to Black and Hell Verse. And, I'm not gonna lie, but Fade to Black almost made me cry as a kid. I'm serious. I was still a kid when I saw that one and the ending to the third movie almost made me cry. Now, while I have talked about a lot of the good stuff here, there are some problems with the show. And the biggest problem is the same problem I had with Naruto and Naruto Shippuden and that is the fillers. But here, it's even worse. We get a lot more fillers and to make it worse, there are so many filler arcs. And I wouldn't if they were at least interesting. But a lot of them aren't and they take up so much time that you just want to get back to the main story. They were obviously just made so more cannon content could be made, but they could have at least made it interesting and not so many and so many episodes dedicated to them. I mean, I don't want to say these things about animes I love because I love them and I hate pointing out flaws but I know that all animes are not flawless despite how much I love so many of them. But honestly, despite that kinda big flaw with this show, it's another great anime and I love it and I'm definetly recommending you watch it if you haven't already. Thank you all for reading, please comment down below to tell me what you think and please stay tuned for my last anime series review coming soon, Cowboy Bebop.

No comments:

Post a Comment