Friday 12 May 2017

Fairy Tail Anime Review

Next on my anime reviews is one that I started watching late last year, Fairy Tail. Before I started watching this, I had already heard a ton of great things about it from the internet and my brother and so I started watching it on DVD and I ended up loving what I've watched so far. I haven't finished watching all of the anime because, for one thing, the English dub isn't done yet, and also because I don't have all the DVDs that are currently out. But, from what I have, I'm loving it and I can't wait to see the rest because, I've read all the of manga by Hiro Mashima that started back in 2006 and ended a couple of months ago, and so I can't wait to see it all in anime form in English Dub when it finishes. But, the basic plot so far is that it follows a bunch of young wizards. In this world there are these wizards who can do individual magic. The main characters are Natsu Dragneel, Lucy Heartfilia, Gray Fullbuster, Erza Scarlet and Happy the Cat. Natsu uses Fire magic, or as he calls it, Dragon Slayer magic, Gray uses Ice magic, or as he calls it, Ice Make magic, Erza can summon a bunch of armour to wear and weapons to use and Luzy has special keys she uses to summon spirits to help her. The story is following these five and their friends at the Fairy Tail guild doing a bunch of missions to earn money. Kinda like Naruto, but not entirely. And through that, there's always something happening in each mission. And just like every other anime, the characters are what drive this show. All of them are really great and really fleshed out. They all have some past and it's all explored tremendously. And, as I just said, all the characters are great like Lucy, Gray, Erza, Happy, Gajeel, Wendy, Carla, Cana, Juvia, Panther Lily, Elfman, Mirajane, Lisanna, Gildarts and Makarov. All of them are really great and I love them all, but my personal favourite out of all of them is Todd Haberkorn as Natsu. I said this before in my top 5 anime protagonists that he's my favourite character and he still is and he's one of my favourite anime characters ever. He's really funny, cool, caring at points and really friendly. He also has some of the best parts in the whole show. Here's some.
Another thing that's funny about him is that he and all the other Dragon Slayers have motion sickness. So any time we see that, it's just as funny as watching someone call Ed short. Watch.
Speaking of Fullmetal Alchemist, Todd Haberkorn who voices Natsu also voices Ling from FMA as well. Pretty cool, huh? Anyway, as I said, every character is fleshed out so well and they all a troubled past that some even follow them into the present. Natsu and all the other Dragon Slayers are actually from the past who were all sent through time as babies and were raised by actual dragons but one day, the dragons all disappeared and Natsu's been looking for his, named Igneel, ever since then. But what they don't realise is that the dragons are actually inside of them. Kinda spoiler, but the reason for that is that if a person becomes a Dragon Slayer and they use Dragon Slaying magic, if a dragon doesn't go inside them like that, then the person will sorta start to turn into a dragon themselves as a cost for using too much of the magic like what happened in the movie that came out a week ago. Gray was alone when he was a boy until he was taken in by a woman who taught him Ice Make magic until she sacrificed herself to save a town from a giant monster called Deliora. Also, he likes to take his shirt off all the time. Lucy sorta had an abusive father when she grew up until she left him, and Erza was once imprisoned on an island as a little girl with her friends, but as she was about to escape, one of her friends supposedly turned evil and banished her away after he became ruler of the island. And the others all have interesting pasts too and so since they're so well fleshed out, you can watch them do just about anything. My favourite story arc so far in the anime and manga is the other world arc where a lot of things are revealed. It when the guild is transported to another world and everyone has either been separated or trapped inside a lacrima. And there are these mirrored versions of everyone. As in like the complete opposite of everyone n the regular world. That reminds me a lot of the Road to Ninja Naruto movie where the main characters go to another version of their world and everyone's the opposite of what they are in the regular world. And the villain of that arc is that world's version of Makarov. And we also find out where Happy and Carla came from. Carla is another flying cat like Happy. And while, there is some filler episodes, some of them are pretty good and really hilarious. My favourite is the episode where Natsu, Gray, Lucy, Erza, Happy and Loke swap bodies. Anything that has a story like that is always hilarious. Watch.
That's awesome. The animation and action is also fantastic. I don't think it's as good as Naruto's action, but still, really great stuff here. I think the best action scene is probably Natsu vs. Laxus or Natsu vs. Hades. Watch the show or read the manga to know what I'm talking about. And I also really like the ending. In case you don't know who the main villain is, I'm going to say it. It's Natsu's older brother named Zeref. I didn't know that until my brother told me that but then I read the manga and I saw it for myself. So, yeah, this is another great and fun anime that I'm loving and I absolutely can't wait to see the rest of the anime when it's made and I can't wait to see the movie I mentioned earlier. It's up there as one of my favourite anime and I highly recommend that you start watching it if you haven't already. Thank you all for reading, please comment down below to tell me what you think and please stay tuned for my next anime review coming very soon. Death Note.

No comments:

Post a Comment