Wednesday 10 May 2017

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime Review

Up next on my anime series review is the one that's considered to be the greatest manga/anime of all time, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. This is the last anime that I've said countless times could be my favourite of all time. I can't decide. But this is still an amazing anime and maybe one of the best animated shows I've ever seen in my life. So, as I said, Fullmetal Alchemist is beyond popular. It stated by many to be the greatest manga/anime series of all time. In fact, I even let a friend of mine borrow my complete boxset of this show and he says it's now his favourite anime ever. And there's absolutely amazing reasons for that. This show is outstanding. And all of this started back in 2001 when Hiromu Arakawa wrote of one the most outstanding manga, and just stories ever told. I've already talked about this show a ton of times before, but like when I talked about Naruto, for this, I'm going to pretend like I haven't and talk about it fresh. The basic plot is it follows the events of the two Elric brothers, Edward and Alphonse, or Ed and Al for short. And when they were younger, their father left them and their mother died shortly afterwards. They tried to use alchemy to bring her back to life, but it backfired and it costs them a lot. It caused Ed to lose his right arm and his left leg and it caused Al to lose his entire body. So after Ed managed to help Al by putting his soul inside a suit of armour and getting an automail arm and leg, they've vowed to get their bodies back to the way they were. They also become professional alchemist and Ed even gets the title of the Fullmetal Alchemist. Although, Ed is also a shorty and he hates being called little. So whenever anyone does call him that, it's so of the best comedy I've ever seen. Watch this.
There's also a group of people called Homunculi with their "Father" who's planning something big. And I do mean "big." If you've seen the show or read the manga, then you'll probably know what I mean by that. Along the way, Ed and Al met some new friends like Mustang, Hawkeye, Armstrong, Scar, May, Izumi, Paninya, Ling and a lot more. Sure, in 2003, we got the original Fullmetal Alchemist show and, while good and it has it's moments, Brotherhood followed the manga closer and it gave us some horrifying and heart-breaking scenes. There is not one single boring moment in this entire show. And, like I said, there's some really heart-breaking moments here, like when we see Nina die, or when we see how Ed and Al tried human transmutation or even when we saw Maes Hughes dies. This show is also really adult in that way. There's tons of things like that in this show, as well as a lot of blood, cursing, killing and really violent action. For me, these characters are really fantastic and some are some of the best anime characters ever in my opinion. My favourite would either be Ed or Al who are both voiced by the amazingly talented Vic Mignogna and Maxey Whitehead. But the rest are great too like the ones I mentioned and ones I haven't mentioned like Ling, May, Winry, Scar, Darius, Zanpano, Heinkel, Pinako, Mustang. I love all of them. I honestly couldn't pick an absolute favourite part in the whole show because it's all amazing from beginning, middle and end. The villains here are fantastic all around. The Homunculi are awesome villains. As well as Father. They're super threatening and awesome and each one is so memorable. And the whole plot twist where Bradley is revealed to be a villain and a Homunculus himself named Wrath was also pretty good and he was an awesome villain. The animation is also incredible. This is another one of the best looking animes I've ever seen. It all looks beautiful. That also helps a lot with the action. This is also another one of the best action animes ever. I can't decide which is my favourite action scene. It's either Ling/Greed and Fu vs Wrath...
Or Scar vs. Wrath.
Now, about what I said earlier about Father planning something big, this is what I meant. So his plan throughout this entire show is to gather "sacrifices" as he calls them which is basically Ed, Al, Mustang, Izumi and Ed and Al's father, Hohenheim, and use their gateways, along with the souls of every single person in their entire nation to open the planet's gateway which is basically a way from Earth to Heaven and he, and I'm not joking, swallows God. That is insane but still so awesome. The ending to this is also great. Where they stop him and save everyone. That's all so great. And the animation during that scene might be some of, if not the best animation I've ever seen in any anime. The animation in this show is all so great. The animation makes this show feel so incredibly epic. Guys, I don't know what else to say, this is just truly an absolutely amazing anime and one of the best I've ever seen. It's definetly in my top 3 and is easily one of the greatest stories ever told. Definetly watch this anime if you haven't already. And that's my review for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think and look forward to my next anime review coming out soon, Fairy Tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment