Saturday 27 May 2017

My top 5 anime movies

So in this entry I'll be counting down my top 5 favourite anime movies. Now, with the rules here, I'm doing anime series based movies as well as anime movies that were sorta made as their own thing. And by that, I'm talking about movies that were made by like Studio Ghibli. Yeah, I haven't mentioned it before, but I like a lot of Studio Ghibli movies. I only sorta recently got into them, but I really like a lot of them. I don't know if I can say I loved a lot of them, but I did enjoy the vast majority of the ones I have seen. And so let's begin and I hope you all like this.
5. Fairy Tail The Movie: Dragon Cry: Starting us off is the most recent movie on this list, Fairy Tail The Movie: Dragon Cry. I was really excited when I started watching this because I'm a huge fan of Fairy Tail and I was especially excited about the fact that this was continuing the story as we were getting closer to the end. And it didn't disappoint. This was a super fun and cool movie too. As I said before, in this movie, Natsu starts to turn into a dragon now that Igneel is dead and while that's happening, everyone travels somewhere and now they have to find out it's dark secret that's there. And this is a super violent movie too. It got an 15 rating and it definetly earned it. Overall, really fun movie that you should try to find. It took me a while to try and find it since it's so recent.
4. Howl's Moving Castle: The first of the studio Ghibli movies on this list is Howl's Moving Castle. One of it's most popular movies. The main and basic thing I can really say for this is that it's a very excellently made movie with really great ideas. It's about this girl who has a crush on a cursed guy named Howl. She's also been cursed by a witch to be turned into an old woman every so often. And I don't want to spoil the whole story for you because I think it's better if you experience it yourselves. Like I said, go see it. it's a very entertaining movie with some really good dubbing as well.
3. Spirited Away: Maybe the most famous and beloved anime movie of all time is at number 3, Spirited Away. I had heard billions of great things about this before I saw it and so I was really excited. So I saw it last week and I was floored by what I watched. It was fantastic. I wasn't as blown away by it as everyone else was and I didn't love it, but I thought was really fantastic. This is studio Ghibli at it's best in my opinion. It centres around a girl named Sen who's moved to a neighbourhood where there are spirits everywhere and her parents are turned into pigs. So she has to find out how to turn them back to normal. This movie has so many fantastic ideas behind it. It is so original and so interesting with how many things there are here and how original it all it. Just everything that's here is great. All the spirits have great designs and there's even a few quiet moments where you just appreciate the atmosphere that the movie's creating. And again, really great dubbing here. Overall, definetly Studio Ghibli's best and I was told that this was one of the best animated movies ever. And while I don't entirely agree and I didn't love it, it's still understandable.
2. Bleach The Movie: Diamond Dust Rebellion: Back to the anime series movies is the only Bleach mentioned movies on the list, Bleach The Movie: Diamond Dust Rebellion. In this movie, it looks like Toshiro has betrayed the Soul Society along with a man who was supposed to be dead named Kusaka. And now Ichigo and everyone else has to find out what going on. I would say that the reason this movie and my number 1 are higher than the other ones I've mentioned is because I think they're more fun and I find them more entertaining. And that's the best way for me to describe this movie. It's a really fun movie and I have an absolute blast with it every time I watch it. Especially the ending. The third act of this movie is the best. And I think the climax is one of the best anime climaxes I've ever seen. And so, if you're curious to watch this, especially if you like anime and you like Bleach and you haven't seen this yet, I recommend you do.
Honourable mentions:
Kiki's Delivery Service,
Bleach The Movie: The Hellverse,
Naruto The Movie: Ninja Clash In The Land Of Snow,
Pokémon: The First Movie,
Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F
And my number 1 favourite anime movie is... Naruto Shippuden The Movie: Blood Prison: And finally at number 1 is Blood Prison. I already spoke about this before in my ranking of the 11 current Naruto movies and so if you want to know my full thoughts, go read it if you haven't yet. Especially if you have but go read it again because I made some changes to it. Overall, I think this movie is incredible. It's the most fun I have ever had watching an anime movie and I love it every single time I watch it. I would say the part where it really picks up is during the scene in the cave with Naruto and  Ryuuzetsu. I love that scene and from that moment on I am never bored. I like the part before it, but from the scene in the cave onward is amazing. And as I said before, this is just a really fun movie. I love watching it every single time I do and I love a lot of the new characters they introduce into the movie. You even feel sorry for some of them like Ryuuzetsu and Muku. I really don't have a lot of other things to say about it. Read my ranking of the 11 current movies to know my full thoughts and you'll get more info on it. And so everyone, those are my top 5 anime movies. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think or tell me what your favourite is if you like any anime movie.

1 comment:

  1. You can't make a prison out of blood because it would just fall to the floor and everyone would walk out.

    ReplyDelete