Saturday 20 May 2017

Cowboy Bebop Anime Review

Finishing my anime TV show reviews is the most recent anime I started watching and finished earlier today, Cowboy Bebop. Like when I started watching Death Note, this was an anime I had heard a lot of great things about before I started. I was able to start watching it because my brother had it so I borrowed it and started it as soon as I did. I watched some of reviews about it and I looked at some people's top 10 lists of anime TV shows and it was in the top 3 of a lot of them and even Chris Stuckmann said it was his favourite anime ever. And so I was beyond excited to start watching it. And from what I saw, again, I don't think it's necessarily one of my favourites, but I still ended up really enjoying. Yeah, another great anime show that I had a lot of fun watching. The basic plot of this is that it's set in the year 2071 and it revolves around these four bounty hunters, Spike, Jet, Faye and Edward. They don't always get along very well and they all have a difficult past. The main character is Spike who's voiced by the amazing Steve Blum who also did the voice of Wolverine in the Wolverine and the X-Men show. And he's awesome, he's the kind of person who sorta likes to do whatever he wants and doesn't care a lot about what others what to do. His past is that he had a partner named Vicious who betrayed him and ever since, he's been trying to find and kill him for what he did. His partner is Jet who's also awesome. Almost like some kinda father figure and brother figure. His past is that he was part of the police who had a girlfriend who left him and he lost his left arm. Faye is sort of a selfish, greedy but also kinda tortured woman who actually is over a century old. She was in an accident and doesn't remember anything before that. And Edward is actually a girl who's absolutely insane. She always moves and talks crazy who was always an orphan and is also a hacker. And since all these characters are so fleshed out like in Fairy Tail, you can watch them do anything. And their little dog named Ein is really cute too. Out of all of them, I would say Spike or Edward is my favourite character. Seeing her and Ein leave at the end was pretty sad. However, I'm going to be completely honest with you about something, I started watching this show and from the first few episodes thinking that this was a fun show with likeable characters, but I wasn't getting super into it. But, when I reached episode 5, that's when I got really into it. It's when we meet Vicious for the first time and the whole episode was awesome. And a lot of the show's best parts are when the four characters are interacting and doing their own thing or trying to get bounties. That's really what this whole show's about, but it's really entertaining. And as the show goes along and you learn more about these characters, you care more and more about them and where they're coming from. Vicious is also a cool villain. He doesn't show up for a lot of the show, but when he does, he's awesome. Also, kinda thing you might dislike if you read this, but I feel the music was good. A lot of people were saying the music in this show is one of the best parts of it, but I feel that it was just good. Not the best I've ever heard, but still really good. There's also some pretty good funny moments too. Something I was really surprised with is the animation. This show was made in 1998 and the look to the show is so amazing. It almost all hand-drawn and it looks so well done. Again, not the best in my opinion, but still great And I would say the final episode or two final episodes are my favourite episodes because they're so well done. Especially the last scene of the last episode where we're not entirely sure what happens. When I say that I mean it looks like Spike is dead but we don't know if he is or not. The last two episodes are kinda sad actually. The rest of the episodes are also great too although, while I definetly enjoyed them, I don't think they were some of the best anime episodes ever because I don't feel a lot happened in them. I could be wrong, it's just my thoughts. Which is kinda what I feel about the whole show. I really like it, but I didn't necessarily love it. I loved parts of it, but the whole show itself I didn't entirely love. It could just be my opinion, but it's just my thoughts. I mean, I know for the time it came out in 1998, it was really impressive and really enjoyable, but I just didn't entirely understand what some people were saying when they said that it was a flawless masterpiece. I understand when they're talking about a lot of the things that I did love and I found really entertaining, but I didn't find the show to be one of my absolute favourites. I'm sorry this isn't very long, but I don't have that many thoughts on this show. I hope that doesn't make it sound like I didn't like the show. I did. I enjoyed it all the way through, but I guess I'm not one of those people who can be absolutely wowed by it. However, I still had an absolute blast with this show from start to finish and I would definetly watch it again if anyone asked. And I would definetly recommend you buy this show on DVD or Blu-Ray if you can and watch it yourself if you haven't yet. Thank you all for reading and that's the last of my anime show reviews. Thank you all for reading these and I had a great time telling you all my thoughts on these, and please comment to tell me what you think of these review or, if you want, tell me what your favourite anime is if you like anime. As I've said a ton of times before, I can't decide which anime is my favourite. It's either Naruto/Naruto Shippuden, Sonic X or Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Thank you all again for reading and, again please comment to tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment